What sort of music are you into?

Dwarfishh

Artists, huh

Sonata Arctica is a long-time favourite

I've been listening to a lot of Eric Calderone (erock331 on Youtube) lately, though

Excellent guitarist, he covers a lot of stuff

And I haven't listened to anything in my itunes for a while, been listening to the Avengers, Thor2, and Assassin's Creed (all of them) soundtracks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to a lot of Eric Calderone (erock331 on Youtube) lately, though

Excellent guitarist, he covers a lot of stuff

If I'm ever half as good as him, my life will be complete. The speed...

I get that, I'm similar really, but some people are into certain genres more than others. I was looking for artists more than genres, since that's more of an indication of taste, since genres can be quite vague... I don't see what's so hard about the question though.

Some artists produce stuff that I'll sometimes listen to, some produce songs that I like and hate, some artists have one song that I like, etc. Because my tastes are so broad, it's hard to pin down to one music group/artist.

Some artists produce stuff that I'll sometimes listen to, some produce songs that I like and hate, some artists have one song that I like, etc. Because my tastes are so broad, it's hard to pin down to one music group/artist.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm the same, with regards to the broad taste. But I find some artists that I literally LOVE everything they do (Biffy Clyro).

Millenium is an objectively great album. That's the part where you're wrong.

besides that i appreciate praise

I don't remember the name of the album or songs but I listened to a few and didn't enjoy any of them. This was around 1994 or 95. When I visited my friend, his nieces always played various Backstreet Boys songs. I'll check out Millenium and see if my opinion is different now. Also it's surprising to even find anyone who has a playlist that I enjoy a lot of the artists listed especially in a non music forum.

I've got some random eroge music in my lists, but that's because those songs are awesome (dunno why).

I'm willing to listen to anything, so long as the following conditions are met:

- The melody/singer doesn't get on my nerves

- The lyrics don't suck

I am a huge sucker for electric guitars and violins in the same song, though. :P:

Usually the only thing going for eroge games is music imo. Unless you enjoy reading lots of text and hardly any gameplay.

I get that, I'm similar really, but some people are into certain genres more than others. I was looking for artists more than genres, since that's more of an indication of taste, since genres can be quite vague... I don't see what's so hard about the question though.

Artists that I listen to most of their music.

Oriental Express

Joe Satriani

Sarah McLachlan

Paul Oakenfold

Tiësto

Nihon Falcom most of their games have kickass music.

Ys Origin OST

Ys The Oath in Felghana OST

Favorite YouTube artists

Tuengxx

muta1206

hjfreaks - bass guitarist for Oriental Express

331ERock

Thats about all I can think of currently or I might be here all day.

I don't remember the name of the album or songs but I listened to a few and didn't enjoy any of them. This was around 1994 or 95. When I visited my friend, his nieces always played various Backstreet Boys songs. I'll check out Millenium and see if my opinion is different now. Also it's surprising to even find anyone who has a playlist that I enjoy a lot of the artists listed especially in a non music forum.

Oh yeeeeeah mandude that's Backstreet Boys Classique, their self-titled first album. It wasn't very good imo, Millennium was so much better and came out in like '99. It's much, I dunno, more upbeat and less club-poppy.

Sarah McLachlan

Since I never get to talk to people about music I actually love, what albums/songs are your favorites? :o

This is one question I never really understood. I'm into whatever sounds good. People never seem to be able to accept this for some reason.

Honestly, same for me. I have the openest of minds.

I do seem to listen to a lot more rock/metal than anything else, though...so there's that? The older stuff, mostly. Can't get enough of the legends themselves, true iron sheik class.

I tend to have heavier tastes, but rather than "metal" I would probably go with any "cores" (like heavycore, metalcore, etc.). Then I have random not-so-heavy bands that I listen to. Video game music can be fun too, I enjoy orchestral stuffs. And maybe even most random among them is Kalafina~

Oh yeeeeeah mandude that's Backstreet Boys Classique, their self-titled first album. It wasn't very good imo, Millennium was so much better and came out in like '99. It's much, I dunno, more upbeat and less club-poppy.

Since I never get to talk to people about music I actually love, what albums/songs are your favorites? :o

So I got done listening to Millennium on YouTube while playing Shining Force 3 and its overall good. There is one song I really liked and it's good enough alone to buy the album just for the song.

1. I Want It That Way - favorite song out of the album

2. Larger Than Life

3. The One

Worst I hated it

It's Gotta Be You - I had to skip this song after tolerating it for 30 seconds.

Favorite album/song Sarah McLachlan

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy - This is my favorite album and what introduced me to the artist. I bought this off a random person who most likely stole the CD for $10.

Favorite song - Possession

2nd favorite Mirrorball - I Will Remember You

Rest I can't decide but I love most of the songs from all the albums.

Wasn't Mirrorball a greatest hits-type thing? It's an album I don't own, but I remember the song from back when.

Can't argue with Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, though I'm more partial to Surfacing myself. Building a Mystery/I Love You, Witness, and Black and White are just such great songs.

Have you gotten around to listening to Laws of Illusion yet? It's been sitting in my library, but I haven't been able to really get into it.

Mirrorball is her live concert tour 1999 mixed with surfacing tour. Also forgot to mention Silence (DJ Tiësto's in Search of Sunrise Remix) is my favorite Sarah McLachlan remixed.

I listened to it and enjoyed it but not as good as her older albums.

Edited by Siruppercut

This is one question I never really understood. I'm into whatever sounds good. People never seem to be able to accept this for some reason. I do not, however, like any sort of modern religious music.

It sounds like you do understand it, then. For some, entire genres simply don't sound good to the listener. A couple examples for me include "drone metal," or "noise." Both are two genres that, no matter the artist/artists playing, I will not enjoy it.

Also, some don't listen to certain genres because there's a self-image they'd like to withhold. I wouldn't really expect a metalhead to listen to and enjoy Katy Perry.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Can't say i can always listen to a particular genre but a few of my absolute favorites are:

Piano Man by Billy Joel

No Rain by Blind Melon

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

Te Esperare by Julio Jaramillo

Estas Cosas Del Amor by Leonardo Favio

Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's

My Life by Billy Joel

Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin

Safety Dance by Men Without Hats

Killer Queen by Queen

Suzy by Caravan Palace

O Quizas te Regale Una Rosa by Leonardo Favio

Lagrimas by Jose Jose

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen

One Way or Another by Blondie

Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to a lot of old blues, psychedelic rock, black metal, doom metal (I bet none of you know what it is) and sometimes even jazz. I sometimes even prefer long, improvised songs that even go for more that ten minutes than shorter songs with lyrics. I consider myself as sort of an audiophile and a music junkie.

Edited by BlueDruid356

Posted · Hidden by Shuuda, December 17, 2013 - Spam
Hidden by Shuuda, December 17, 2013 - Spam

doom metal (I bet none of you know what it is)

I sometimes even prefer long, improvised songs that even go for more that ten minutes than shorter songs with lyrics.

I consider myself as sort of an audiophile and a music junkie.

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhhahahhahah holy shit

I generally listen to stuff without lyrics, like video game OSTs, jazz, and classical music. I'm really open to listen to anything, I just prefer those genres, especially while doing homework and stuff like that since the lyrics usually distract me like no other.

Edited by The Batter

i hate trying to classify my tastes into genres, it feels so forced and pretentious. so here's a list of some of the shitty bands that i like.

the mountain goats, autopsy, eyehategod, discharge, black sabbath, pentagram, witchfinder general, grief, mammoth grinder, swans, neil young, the stooges, mc5, entombed, dismember, hellhammer, repulsion, napalm death, the cure, ramshackle glory, johnny hobo, insect warfare, agathocles, regurgitate, saint vitus, archgoat, bathory, venom, assuck, codeine, dayglo abortions, slaughter, terrorizer, ghost mice, aus rotten, cranford nix, coffins, carcass grinder, amebix, voivod, inquisition, pungent stench, killing joke, bauhaus, driller killer, mercyful fate, boris, cryptic slaughter, katharsis, razor, cathedral, state of fear, reverend bizarre, nausea, antisect, dystopia.

meh.

I listen to a lot of old blues, psychedelic rock, black metal, doom metal (I bet none of you know what it is) and sometimes even jazz. I sometimes even prefer long, improvised songs that even go for more that ten minutes than shorter songs with lyrics. I consider myself as sort of an audiophile and a music junkie.

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhhahahhahah holy shit

indeed. this makes me so happy

i hate trying to classify my tastes into genres, it feels so forced and pretentious. so here's a list of some of the shitty bands that i like.

the mountain goats, autopsy, eyehategod, discharge, black sabbath, pentagram, witchfinder general, grief, mammoth grinder, swans, neil young, the stooges, mc5, entombed, dismember, hellhammer, repulsion, napalm death, the cure, ramshackle glory, johnny hobo, insect warfare, agathocles, regurgitate, saint vitus, archgoat, bathory, venom, assuck, codeine, dayglo abortions, slaughter, terrorizer, ghost mice, aus rotten, cranford nix, coffins, carcass grinder, amebix, voivod, inquisition, pungent stench, killing joke, bauhaus, driller killer, mercyful fate, boris, cryptic slaughter, katharsis, razor, cathedral, state of fear, reverend bizarre, nausea, antisect, dystopia.

meh.

Black Sabbath is one of my favourite bands. I also like pentagram, entombed, saint vitus, bathory, venom, coffins and cathedral. I listen to Candlemass, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Church of Misery, Trouble, Pale Divine, Sunn O))), Acid King and High on Fire as well.

Edited by BlueDruid356