Why did you choose your Asset/Flaw combination?

Naui

86 members have voted

1. 1. What was your Asset?

• HP
    • Strength
    • Magic
    • Skill
    • Speed
    • Luck
    • Defense
    • Resistance
  2. 2. What was your Flaw?

• HP
    • Strength
    • Magic
    • Skill
    • Speed
    • Luck
    • Defense
    • Resistance

Picked +Skill -Luck partly because of self-insert reasons and partly because it makes Avatar's stats wonderfully bland. Not bad but not special without excessive levelling.

My Unit in my main file has Strength + Magic -, simply because I hate the bullshit stereotype that women have to be more magical and men have to be more physical. 8U

I just play +Str on all of them because STRENGTH

I tried +Def once and that's about it. Will probably go back to STR because I like it better.

I did make a dedicated LokiMU (+Mag -Skl or Luk I forgot) if I want to pull out a Mire turret for lulz during postgame or something

Edited by Thor Odinson

My female MU had +strength -magic. She only got like 2 magic points on her first way through the tactician class. I was not amused.

It's why I do -Res instead. It's still a hit to Mag but it makes ranged bearable while I don't have hand axe access yet, since both tomes and Levins run off mag. It's not like her Res is any good in any of the classes I main in (Hero->GK mostly. Sometimes Dracoknight) regardless if it's a weakness or not so it doesn't matter.

Once I get hand axes though I couldn't care less if I had -1 mag or 100.

Edited by Thor Odinson

+Spd -Skl in my first run was to be Really fast and I figured Skl wouldn't bite me in the ass.

Good ol Raynor became a Hero after getting da Rally from the Tactician Line and was married to the lovely Say'ri

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

First file: Magic+ Strength- Didn't really think this one through. Thought I'd go for a spellcaster that wasn't hurt in the important areas, but I didn't realize Assets and flaws affected other stats too...To make matters worse, I paired her up with fucking Henry, who would be better used for mixed children.

Second file: Strength+ Luck- This was during my psychotic Elite tweakin' OC run; where I had nothing in mind but prepping myself for the challenge DLCs. I was planning to pair this Avvie up with Chrom, to get two different flavors of monsters;

Great Lord Lucina: Rightful King, Aegis, Pavise, Galeforce, Limit Breaker. This was an idea I stole from one of my friends on TV Tropes; a Lucina that doesn't get hurt by shit, half of the time. She used Sumia for the original set-up, but I wanted Lucy to be a bit beefier, and stronger. She looses out on a bit of speed, but meh.

Hero Morgan: Luna, Aggressor, Rightful King, Limit Breaker, Galeforce. Luna with 70 percent procc rate...So happy.

+Strength, -Defense for me. I picked those because I like strength and in real life, I can hardly take a hit. lol

Kelli's defenses are terrible as a result while she has great attacking stats, making her a glass cannon, basically, but that's fine when she has a big strong, tough knight to protect her. lol

I went with +Magic and -Luck (This is my first Fire Emblem game, so I wasn't truly aware of which were the best stats)

I chose Magic because...well, I love magic (Stupid answer, I know). And good thing I chose it, because I really enjoy using tomes. That magic boost is nice.

As for the flaw, I just went with Luck because I couldn't decide my flaw. I researched for a little advice, and some said to choose Luck, so I went with it. Plus it seems to be it's the stat to worry least about.

I actually don't like -lck because it affects the strength and magic cap. Only by one point, sure, but I really like magic and would rather just have the maximum possible. I like -skl because it doesn't decrease my magic, doesn't decrease my speed, and I think skill is mostly worthless anyway. The hit to strength and defense I can live with.

It's just my idle curiosity but I'd like to see why people chose certain Asset/Flaw combinations. Was it to make them like you? Was it just for gameplay reasons? Dunno, I've always wondered, figured it be interesting to hear other people's stories.

My Asset and Flaw, at least for my male Avatars, is always Luck+/HP-. I know that that's a pretty bad combination overall since my HP and defense stats grow pretty slow. However I chose that combination because I'm extremely lucky. I've avoided getting sick when others have gotten sick by the same virus, I've never broken a single bone in my body yet I've done some reckless stuff in my childhood while my friends weren't so lucky, and I've stumbled onto money in random places. Heck, I can't remember a raffle where I didn't win something. My flaw is HP because, unfortunately, I have exercise-induced asthma so I figured my Avatar would have similarly bad stamina (HP).

Ironically, my flaw was luck because I'm always super unlucky at everything. So that was an easy decision for me to make. I picked Defense as an asset, though I was debating Strength, but in the end I decided on Defense. I hate squishy characters, and I was like 'NOOOOOPEEEEE'. Realistically I'd prolly be more like...+Magic or something and -Luck, but...I WANT GOOD DEFENSE.

Depends what I'm doing.

+Spd/-Lck or +Spd/-Def for Hard/Lunatic, +Str/-Res or +Def/-Skl for Lunatic+, +Skl/-Def or +Mag/-Def for Streetpass and Apotheosis. All based solely on caps/growths and not on real life.

I'm still miffed that there isn't a single asset that raises both your Str and Spd.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

You're taking it at face value

It's the best because fuck yer sparklyshits smash everything, muscle 4lyfe, that kind of deal, it's not to be taken for gameplay value

also

it's the best because it's the best

Edited by Thor Odinson