Jeigan Appreciation Thread

We were all there, once. We bashed Jeigans for looking awesome, yet eventually faltering out, and going out of style. We endlessly mocked their pathetic growths, and scorned them for being shitty prepromotes.

Then we realized that we were judging them by their long term potential.

Jeigans aren't units you bring to the end game, they are crutches; meant to make the earlygame less of an ass. They won't solo the final boss, but they're essential to GET there, and are masters at bailing you out of so many tight spots in the first chapters. They do what they were meant to do, and do it damn well.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, a few of them actually have pretty good growths (Seth, Titania, and Frederick primarily). lol

But generally, yeah, their job is done in the early-game. I also appreciate this thread because as anyone knows, I'm a diehard Frederick fangirl. :wub: I like Seth too. :)

Thing is, a few of them actually have pretty good growths (Seth, Titania, and Frederick primarily). lol

But generally, yeah, their job is done in the early-game. I also appreciate this thread because as anyone knows, I'm a diehard Frederick fangirl. :wub: I like Seth too. :)

I think he was mostly referring to pure Jeigans, such as FE6 Marcus, FE12 Arran, Eyvel, and Dagda.

Yeah, but why can't we share the love for Oifeys, as well? Nothing wrong witht that, though maybe I have to change the title of the thread somehow.

Frederick is actually pretty Jeigan, outside of grinding, his growths are probably the best out of the cavaliers, but his XP gain rate is so slow, and enemies grow so fast, that he is essentially a crutch that falters, outside of grinding. He gets the job done,a lright, and I hear lunatic is unplayable without him,

Yeah, but why can't we share the love for Oifeys, as well? Nothing wrong witht that, though maybe I have to change the title of the thread somehow.

I wasn't saying we shouldn't appreciate Oifeys as well, I was just telling Ana that I thought this thread MOSTLY refers to Pure Jeigans.

Alright, I got you. Can't blame you for the misunderstanding since I named it that way, and it is easy to presume that we are only loving Jeigans here,

But yeah, for future reference, Oifey gushing is also welcome.

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

We were all there, once. We bashed Jeigans for looking awesome, yet eventually faltering out, and going out of style. We endlessly mocked their pathetic growths, and scorned them for being shitty prepromotes.

To be fair, this hasn't really happened in years.

I think he was mostly referring to pure Jeigans, such as FE6 Marcus, FE12 Arran, Eyvel, and Dagda.

No.

Stop.

I wasn't saying we shouldn't appreciate Oifeys as well, I was just telling Ana that I thought this thread MOSTLY refers to Pure Jeigans.

What are you doing?

I really wish Jeigans would come back. Not that Oyfeys are bad but I like Marcus. Such a badass.

Ahhh!

Seth is neither a Jeigan or an Oifey.

Seth is a Seth.

Exactly.

People really need to cut this Oifey/Marcus/Seth/Sothe crap, for the love of God. Just call them all Jagens or we're going to have half as many types as there are games in the series. It's confusing and completely unnecessary.

Ahem...

Jagens are cool, but some of them are a bit too good.

Dagda is the best.

Everytime I played Thracia I sung the theme of Dagda

Dag!

Dagda!

Dag! Dag! Dagda!

Dag! Dag! Dag! Dag! Dag! Dagda!

Dag! Dag! Dag! Dagda!

Edited by Eradicator Boner

Relevant: tried using Wyvern Jagen on my current run of Shadow Dragon, still pretty bad but at least he could sit on forts for me. Especially in that one chapter with neverending Pirates. Benched him as soon as Minerva joined though.