Jeigan Appreciation Thread

RoTK is the most A+

Also I endorse this thread

Jeigans are great

How much would you pay for an RoTK game in the style of FE?

Also yes Jeigans are grand, I like em all

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fun fact: oifaye follows the pattern of a traditional "jeigan" more than most of the others in the "not oifaye" list

It is pretty funny, also would you say Finn in Gen 2 would also count as a Jeigan?

If I had time I could probably program one

But as is my coursework that gives me the knowledge to do so is more important

If i had time and did additional research on various cultures, I would love to do FE games based off of ancient history in general (Rome, Greece, China, Africa, etc.)

Alas I don't, but hey, at least I have a dream

We were all there, once. We bashed Jeigans for looking awesome, yet eventually faltering out, and going out of style. We endlessly mocked their pathetic growths, and scorned them for being shitty prepromotes.

Then we realized that we were judging them by their long term potential.

Jeigans aren't units you bring to the end game, they are crutches; meant to make the earlygame less of an ass. They won't solo the final boss, but they're essential to GET there, and are masters at bailing you out of so many tight spots in the first chapters. They do what they were meant to do, and do it damn well.

This thread is...beautiful. I love Jeigan, Marcus, Titania, Seth, and Fredrick. And those are the only ones I know of, but I plan to play FE4 and 5 some day.

It is pretty funny, also would you say Finn in Gen 2 would also count as a Jeigan?

I would count Finn as a Jeigan simply because Finn is basically "the most obvious Jeigan expy ever" until Marcus shows up.

I think I considered Finn as FE5's Jeigan more than Dagda

Seth is neither a Jeigan or an Oifey.

Seth is a Seth.

No, he's a Sigurd...wannabe.

##shotsfired

Once I was a hero

Man, you didn't even have a mount? There's this place on mid tier with your name on it.

No, he's a Sigurd...wannabe.

##shotsfired

Man, you didn't even have a mount? There's this place on mid tier with your name on it.

Lolz, Sigurd can't solo the whole game. He gets roasted in barbeque half way through.

The biggest difference between Oifaye and any other combat Jeigan in the series is that he was always popular. They all follow the same basic formula of start strong, become relatively weaker later on. Eyvel and Sothe are the only ones who deserve a separate archetype IMO.

this is now the marcus appreciation thread

No way, we can't just toss out all the other Jagens. :P

Even if some are less Jagen-like than others. I'd honestly call Seth, Titania, RD Sothe, and Frederick pseudo-Jagens. They serve a similar role, but can potentially still be strong at the end of the game. Seth because Seth, Titania because she can still be pretty decent (though still not as good as Oscar and Kieran, imo. Better than Geoffrey, however), RD Sothe because RD Sothe, and Frederick because Second Seals. Everyone else, plain old Jagen. Jagen himself, Marcus (both of his incarnations), whoever.

Edited by Anacybele

Thats funny because the way that everyone describes Frederick is EXACTLY the same as Jeigan. And I don't mean in a "they are good in early game" or something. Frederick is a "what-if we copy paste Jeigan into Awakening"

Frederick is "A unit who is crucial in early game, and falls off in late game. His usefulness in late game relies on Effective weaponry, such as Beastkiller"

Jeigan is "His Lance Rank allows him to use Forged Horse Slayer is clutch for early game, and allow him to stand up in late game"

Edited by Eradicator Boner