Studies have shown that people tend to believe everything "studies" have shown

Junkhead

I once heard a claim that at least when it comes to economics, actually, (lay)people who're told that their preconceptions don't jive with the analysis of economists tend to believe what they thought beforehand even more

Edited by Rehab

What study is this? Proof please?

None in particular. I'm just poking fun at the studies that are constantly being shown on the internet, taking that one generalization principle a bit too far. And people just happen to believe everything they see on the Interwebs. :newyears:

Science: question the shit out of everything :P:

To some extent, yes.

To me I thought that this title was meant to be a trick... like proving itself by making people believe the title when they read it...

I thought you were trying to be clever or something but I guess I was thinking too much =<

I once heard a claim that at least when it comes to economics, actually, (lay)people who're told that their preconceptions don't jive with the analysis of economists tend to believe what they thought beforehand even more

Just a hunch but I think this applies to Fire Emblem arguments too!