Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

Quite interesting.

I personally use a Pirate / Freelancer Tiz, where I would go for that Pirate skill that does x4 damage (meaning a 9999 most of the times) and then Mimic three times for a total 39996 damage using 140-150 PM. :P

Mimic is also great with a ton of other abilities. That one of the Performer who gives 1 free BP to everyone, for example. Not having to worry about PM/BP costs is a HUGE advantage.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interesting.

I personally use a Pirate / Freelancer Tiz, where I would go for that Pirate skill that does x4 damage (meaning a 9999 most of the times) and then Mimic three times for a total 39996 damage using 140-150 PM. :P

Mimic is also great with a ton of other abilities. That one of the Performer who gives 1 free BP to everyone, for example. Not having to worry about PM/BP costs is a HUGE advantage.

I honnestly don't relly like Pirate. Axes are awfull.

Most of the time my Hunter did far more damage than my Pirate, anyway.

Getting scared. Chapter 4 sidequest.

Right before the Vampire boss. Everyone's Level 60. Am I ready?

Keep getting wiped out by the dungeon lackeys, so kind of worried. Can't count the number of Game Overs I've had in the castle...

Also, should I buy two lots of the expensive 99K armour or Agnes's dress? X D

Edited by VincentASM

Getting scared. Chapter 4 sidequest.

Right before the Vampire boss. Everyone's Level 60. Am I ready?

Keep getting wiped out by the dungeon lackeys, so kind of worried. Can't count the number of Game Overs I've had in the castle...

Also, should I buy two lots of the expensive 99K armour or Agnes's dress? X D

You shouldn't attack the Cerberus directly. The Night Emperor is actually good against them, since when they're charmed they don't counterattack. Casting condemn works pretty well too.

The Night Emperor is actually one of the best sword of the game.

He have Energy Burst like Chaugmar, ANd love to Cast Gravitiga on everyone.

His Bone Crusher deals damage equal to your HP lost to the whole party, so if you have half your HP or less, you're as good as dead

Give Sacred element to all your specials since he's weak to it.

He's strong but as long as you can manage to be fully healed every turn, you should be OK.

The reason why you want to beat it is to find the Monsters' Genome abilities. Otherwise you won't be able to obtain some of them againuntil really late on the game.

The most notable ones are the one used by the Worms Ennemies. Each one have a unique Genome you can learn from them.

The dress is purely cosmetic, the armors are the second best of the game.

You shouldn't attack the Cerberus directly. The Night Emperor is actually good against them, since when they're charmed they don't counterattack. Casting condemn works pretty well too.

I didn't, but they're still tough X D

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the boss tomorrow when I've time; spent most of today grinding next to the save guy.

I didn't, but they're still tough X D

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the boss tomorrow when I've time; spent most of today grinding next to the save guy.

You're welcome.

Good Luck.

Actually, I find that Class Level and Class choice, and Equipment is more important than regular Level.

I just beat the last part of the CH8 Side Quest.

That was... really anticlimatic. Edea as a Ninja with Vampie abilities dealt around 9000 damage to everyone with Firestorm (Vampire abilities actually use the combined power of both weapons for calculation). She had first drained their attack stats and had 500 ATK,, so it may sense.

So Ninja + Vampire is an awesome Combo.

Ringabel as a Monk abused his Hades Claw with Heart Thief and the 14th Thief Ability (ATK + 25 % by Steal)

Edited by Edea the Brave

You're welcome.

Good Luck.

Actually, I find that Class Level and Class choice, and Equipment is more important than regular Level.

I just beat the last part of the CH8 Side Quest.

That was... really anticlimatic. Edea as a Ninja with Vampie abilities dealt around 9000 damage to everyone with Firestorm (Vampire abilities actually use the combined power of both weapons for calculation). She had first drained their attack stats and had 500 ATK,, so it may sense.

So Ninja + Vampire is an awesome Combo.

Ringabel as a Monk abused his Hades Claw with Heart Thief and the 14th Thief Ability (ATK + 25 % by Steal)

That sounds like bad news for my offensive spellcasters when something doesn't need to spend 90+ Mp to output close to that amount of damage...

@Vincent:

You might want to consider fielding something with Rampart for what you're fighting. I did it but it was on normal mode and my party was around level 58-ish. Also, turn tables + the ninja skill that gives guaranteed evasion helps. In fact I realised that it could have made my life easier if I had everyone set up like that XD. For some reason Energy Burst is a physical attack that is blocked by Rampart AND dodged by Utsemi(or however you spell it)

Ninja + Vampire is just utterly broken. And Fireball really is awesome. Bypass defences completely can do critical. For only 16 MP.

Absorb Attack * 2 then use your strongest Genome. At level 99, you can easily reach 500+ attack with your Ninja.

So, i finally beat the true final chapter.

That was long, really long. But that was worth it.
Actually Friend Summon really do help here. The Final Boss have a skill that don't let you do anything else than Friend Summon. So sending healing Friend Summon do help quite a lot.

And here are my "results". (Don't know better terms without spoiling everything). I'd like to see yours to when you'll be here.

World destroyed :

Rothene

World helping me :
Michael S.
Alisha
Ami Bot
Amigo Bot

Thank you to you all

I'd still have the Bonus Boss to beat, and Norende's rebuilding is soon over.

Once again, I love that attention to details. After that final scene, I had to rewatch some other scenes again. Well dne.

And now, I'm really waiting for Bravely Second, there's still some things that weren't totally explained.

So, for those who were wondering... There is a New Game +. You can chose what you decide to keep.

Am I the only one who found Brave far easier than most of the previous bosses? <_<

You mean the boss in Chapter 4? As in...

the Templar? Yeah, he was easy. Only annoying thing was he revived twice in the battle DX

And now, I'm really waiting for Bravely Second, there's still some things that weren't totally explained.

Makes me wonder if Bravely Second will add more loose ends for Brave Third to fill in : P

Also, Chapter 4 sidequest beaten!

No idea how to beat DeRosso without an all Ninja party, as Energy Blast just ripped my party open (no time to use Rampart even), but all Ninja was toooooooo easy.

Now the annoying thing is where are all the Genome monsters? I see some in D's Note, but cannot remember where to find 'em...

So I'm considering buying the game.

...the question is which region I'm going to buy.

I apologize if the following image in the spoiler might be too offensive.

wSkgqJy.png

...but in all seriousness. I'm on the fence between this game and Rune Factory 4.

I'm pretty sure they're all the same.

You can set the language (text and voice) to Japanese in the European version.

However, I *think* the Japanese version has serial code DLC, which is free in North America/Europe. Or do we just lack the DLC?

Edited by VincentASM

You can set the language (text and voice) to Japanese in the European version.

No voice bug, right?

Well I did some research and you apparently get costumes in the Japanese version that you can't in the English version.

Bonus perk is that the Japanese version also has English text just like how the US and European version have Japanese text.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So I'm considering buying the game.

...the question is which region I'm going to buy.

I apologize if the following image in the spoiler might be too offensive.

wSkgqJy.png

...but in all seriousness. I'm on the fence between this game and Rune Factory 4.

The fun thing with that one is that they didn't changed her Spell Fencer appearance...

You can actually play the whole game in Japanese with the European Version. (For the Sequel in Japan)

The only thing that the Japanese Version have that the EU doesn't is the Achievements.

The only unique thing is... this costume for Agnes (Warning NSFW) :

...Which apparently requires you to defeat the game in Hard Mode.

Or some rare Items, most notably another Ribbon. (Otherwise, there's only one on the final dungeon)

You mean the boss in Chapter 4? As in...

the Templar? Yeah, he was easy. Only annoying thing was he revived twice in the battle DX

Makes me wonder if Bravely Second will add more loose ends for Brave Third to fill in : P

Also, Chapter 4 sidequest beaten!

No idea how to beat DeRosso without an all Ninja party, as Energy Blast just ripped my party open (no time to use Rampart even), but all Ninja was toooooooo easy.

Now the annoying thing is where are all the Genome monsters? I see some in D's Note, but cannot remember where to find 'em...

I beated him in Easy Mode. I don't thnk I could have won otherwise.

I guess a Merchant could be usefull, to have the damage done.

The only way would be to suppress his attack with a special I guess. Vampires are the best at lowering attack, but they are the reward.

I had the same problem to find them, so I'll see what I remember

Never mind, found a guide. Just gonna post those you can obtain in chapter 4. Organized in Chronologiall order

Around Ancheim, you find the Sand Worm who have Sand Storm. At night, you find ghosts with Curse. They're also at Eisenberg.

You can still find them after chapter 4, but better have it the soonest.

In the Temple of Wind, the Aero Lantern have White Wind. You must charm them first (It's one of the Vampire abilities

In the Inside Sea near Ancheim, , the Deathfish have Spray.

In the Miasma Forest, the tree have Lullaby

The Giant Moth is found in the Vestment Cave, and give you Wind Scale.

In Florem, the Alraune give you Paralyzing Pollen

In the Witherwoods you get the Cantamount for Dual Attack and D'gon for Fireball (must have!).

In Eisenberg you find the Valtora for Chomp (even if they're found again later), the Soil eater have Earthquake. T

In the path before the Fire temple, the Red Flan have Venom

In the Everlasting Tower, the Gastric Worm have Gastric Juice (Attack all and weakens P.Def. Pretty great.)

In the Vampire Castle, Cerberus have Hellfire.

That should be all for Chapter 4. Well, the Nemeses lv 25 and 70 also have special genome who aren't noticed in the Notebook of D.

Edited by Edea the Brave

Thanks! I found half of them, but the remaining half are too troublesome to remember X D

That should be all for Chapter 4. Well, the Nemeses lv 25 and 70 also have special genome who aren't noticed in the Notebook of D.

Ack, I beat the Level 25 one not long ago. I keep getting sent the Level 70 one, but very rarely the Level 25 one.

Got a Level 80 one today too... o__O

In the Temple of Wind, the Aero Lantern have White Wind. You must charm them first (It's one of the Vampire abilities

Silly me, didn't think of that. Edited by VincentASM

Hmm... Vincent, did you defeat Khint in the first two encounters (with the Thief and Profiteur)? What happens?

Because I just hit the Thief and the Merchant and when they reached about half of their HP, Khint automatically dismissed himself. I was wondering how the dialogue changed if you hit him.

Not sure if anyone answered it already, but if you kill Khint, his HP goes to zero, than his information in the buttom screen disappears, then it appears again, except you can't see his stats and stuff, and then he leaves

Ordered "Bravely Default: For the Sequel". The updated version which the Western releases are based off...

...what DID they change anyway with that regard?

Lots of things, actually.

The main ones are :

Difficulty setting (You can change the dificulty and ennemy encounters at every moments. Probably the best feature of the game.).

Some changes to chapter 7 and 8.

Once you've beaten the true final chapter, you get a special promo movie for Bravely Second.

Nemeses (4 Heroes of Light Bosses Cameo) can appears in Norende.

There's some other small changes, like Jobs and Boss rebalance (most are actually harder.), and some graphic touch-ups.

There's also some changes to Norende. It takes more time to rebuild but you gain the special costumes and some strong weapons.

I would actually enjoy watching some videos of yours of Bravely Default, Rey.

Anyway, beat yesterday the wind keystone boss. That was awfully hard in Hard. Its ability that made your units weak to Wind ignoring your gear / buff was tedious as hell. (and one Storm Breath when I'm weak to it wiped out my team in seconds)

I might also be a bit underleveled since I'm at 55. I wonder if I'll be able to beat this infamous Vampire in Hard at 55-56, lol.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Anyway, beat yesterday the wind keystone boss. That was awfully hard in Hard. Its ability that made your units weak to Wind ignoring your gear / buff was tedious as hell. (and one Storm Breath when I'm weak to it wiped out my team in seconds)

I might also be a bit underleveled since I'm at 55. I wonder if I'll be able to beat this infamous Vampire in Hard at 55-56, lol.

Wait till you fight the Earth Keystone one. I know Paralysis don't matter when you're dead, but it's still awfull.

I guess you're only chance to defeat it is a full ninja party like Vincent. He also have more than 160000 HP in hard, so defeating him on turn 1 is out of question.

Well, maybe weakening his attack with a Pirate could help ? that's the only solution I have

Edited by Edea the Brave

If you're like me an find it a bit sickening to use Ninjas(Because why the heck are they so OP compared to mages, what did mages ever do to you SE?) You can try Rampart from the Templar class. Costs 2 BP to use so it feels more 'tactical' about timing and mixing in Stillness from Victor's class to estimate when to get invulnerabilities. But your Rampart user needs to be fast.

My (not spamming ninja) tactic was:

Templar has all the speed boosting passives and equips and casted Rampart whenever it was down, defaulted when not doing anything. Spiritmaster did healing, default when free and used Stillness when Rampart is down and Templar's at negative brave. Between Stillness and Rampart, you can negate a lot of damage. You attackers can feel free to Default during stillness since no damage will occur for 2 turns, saving up for one big nuking turn before being defensive. Hardly took any damage with that set up so everyone ended the battle with nearly full MP. Granted Stillness is a job level 8 skill while Rampart is a job level 7 skill so it might take a few battles to get there. But since it runs off BP, you can essentially win the battle of attrition.

Not as efficient as an all Ninja team with Utsusemi + Transcience + Turn Table but it's just another way.

Well I have my whole team lvled to 99 now & nearly maxed out the jobs for them I want some strong Freelancers XD Still currently at the start of ch.7.. So who is everyones Favorite characters? Mine is definetly Ringabel he is totally awesome I think he is like now one of my all time fav characters followed by Edea.. Also they belong together... Just saying! XD I think this game pretty much tops as my fav game of the year, I love it so much <33