Fire Emblem 6 Mafia: (Day 4)

Elieson

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god why are you people so gay calm your shit

Heads up to the mods; my activity will likely be very limited for the next three days due to finals and me flying off to the other end of the country right after my final (I'm not posting on Monday at all).

Xinnidy that was directed at the game in general and mostly facetious. I'm not actually mad. But like, Rapier, if you gave up on mafia because you couldn't keep up with walls, then why would you turn around and do the same shit that made you quit?

Shinori you're probably town for bothering to ask me that. idk lol

...okay, sorry about that. :/

Stfu is just a term that rubs me a very wrong way because of a very personal reason but I shouldn't really blow up when somebody that has no idea of knowing says that to *potentially* me.

Not quite midnight BUT I remembered I'll have to sleep soon and I won't be here tomorrow morning my time, as a preemptive warning. Woop

Feel free to continue... whatever was going on.

yeah I had no idea, sorry. Also I figured the post was so over-the-top people wouldn't think I was sincere but this isn't the first time I've figured wrong like that. Probably should've been more clear. Tone over the internet is hard.

Shinori, do you believe Poly tried to misdirect those voting Xin at that time to Paper? I understand your point about the deflection, and I don't find any flaws on it, period. The fact that he addressed Paper but didn't address Xin even though he considered their case to be the same is also suspicious, I agree. I'd like an answer from Poly, but it doesn't seem like I'll be getting it anytime soon.

Refa is being an hypocrite through and through. He said my posts were filled with prodvotes and bad reasoning when most of his huge wall-of-text was filled with prodding for ED1 content, like when he criticized me for not bringing actually content when we had only 3 pages. He also resumed all my posts as easy prodvotes (when I first voted a player that was being actived), which is bad.

This listpost is lazy and only serves to apply suspicions to everybody you can mention.
It tells absolutely nothing that you haven't said before and is very bad opportunistic filler.
This is basically prodding everybody you can find scummy even if it's with as little reasoning attached.

If it's lazy, then tell me how. If I applied suspicions on "everybody I could mention", try to attack my arguments. Also, I did not comment on some players before making that listpost, such as Marth, Prims, Poly and Bear, and I don't see how my points about them are invalid.

That being said, I like Xin more. Her last response was pretty decent, though she still didn't give up on her weak ED1 vote (which she even acknowledged as a weak vote back then) but switched to Refa only because he seems more scummy now. I still find Paper's motive for finding SB scum and voting him as stupid (I believe answering someone who voted you to be an imperative action, in any situation), but my case on him is too weak and based on RVS interactions alone. I admit I pressed on it for more than I should have, as new content surfaced on the meantime.

I need to think this through.

Why do you think I was trying to deflect people off Xin, Rapier? I was just not liking how people gave Xin shit for the exact same thing Paper did. Although, Xin's posts seem defensive FMPOV, whereas Paper's taken everything in stride from I've seen out of him. Ergo:

##Unvote

##Vote: Xinnidy

Why do you think I was trying to deflect people off Xin, Rapier? I was just not liking how people gave Xin shit for the exact same thing Paper did. Although, Xin's posts seem defensive FMPOV, whereas Paper's taken everything in stride from I've seen out of him. Ergo:

##Unvote

I heavily dislike this post.

Dunno why. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you just didn't do much after you voted Paper. I felt like you vote parked on Paper and then just completely did nothing and now are randomly swapping to xinnidy.

Do you think Paper is less scummy now? Do you feel that what Xinnidy did is bad or worse than what Paper did? What are your other scum reads? Do you have any?

##Unvote:

##Vote: Poly

I feel this should be adressed now and I can get back to bearclaw later. I still need to review people's Refa case as I haven't paid much attention to it.

I found Xinnidy sketchy at first but her response to Refa reads like frustrated town to me.

Rapier you should vote Refa. Paper isn't even still on SB.

BTW PRIMS:

That said, since Xin at least explained himself or herself, I never figured it out and made an interesting reasoning, it's time to switch to Paper.

Unvote

##Vote: Paper

Basically, it is the same reasoning I used against Xin. He doesn't explain his thoughts, instead he limits himself to "I don't like Vahlz's points. I find SB too overdefensive, so I'll vote him for that". Now he addressed me with a "I don't like Rapier's posts, for some reason". Discussing and expressing one's thoughts is essential in Mafia, especially in D1. Why are you being so secretive? This is too anti-town for me.

The SB thing honestly doesn't appear to be the main reason he's voting Paper.

Ugh, 8 pages and I'm already behind. Sorry, I've just been super stressed lately and things. But, I'm done with stuff now and should be around more. Uhm, from what I've been reading, Xin is reading largely like frustrated town to me and honestly I don't really get those votes. Uhm, I was going to say I was suspicious of Prims for posting a fair bit but not having a ton of content, but then I went and looked and saw he actually had a content post, that being said it's really annoying how he's posting in thread to say how little effort he's putting into the game. Not scummy, just annoying. beyond that I don't really have any thoughts right now, I'll try to get a good reread in tomorrow, this post is more just meant to be a "I'm not dead" post.

OH! Right, thank you Shinori, I knew there was something that I didn't like in my recent reads of the thread.

##Unvote

This reads like "What, why do you think I'm doing this? I'm totally not doing this. See, here, let me vote that person." It feels like appeasement and an attempt to get attention off of himself.

##Vote:Poly

OK, OK, funny story. The first iteration of this post was actually another one of my wonderful wall of text posts, but then as I skimmed through the last two pages I realized something...apparently people don't like those! And guess what? I don't really either, it's just that they come so naturally to me! With that in mind, I hope this post is more pleasing to read.

Also wanted to apologize about my wording in my post, it came off as a lot harsher than I intended it too (note to self- don't write posts when depressed). :( Anyways, apparently a bunch of people think I'm scum or something. Lovely! While I'd love to OMGUS each and every one of them, sadly my role is not Vengeful Voter. Alas, my loss I suppose. With that being said...

(+ townie, - scum, / in the middle or just a response)

Vhaltz

-I feel like you just summarized Xinny's actions, which helped prove your point that she was waffling, but I didn't get why that was scummy and really I think you could've shortened that whole thing to "she was waffling on so-and-so". Just feels really forced to me.

-Your later reads come across as more natural though, so not particularly bothered by you anymore.

Prims

-Why is Rapier town for tryharding? Like seriously, does he just tend to give up as scum or something I haven't played any scum games with him.

-Totally agree with your read on me (well, not really, but it was the only scumread on me that didn't stress me the fuck out so...thanks?)

-What the hell, Vhaltz stole my original the case on bearclaw, how dare you give him credit for it?! I'll even proffer up proof. Proof up proffer. Poffins. PEDit: OK, he had more than just what I said. Whatever, I totally helped.

"Your reasoning may be but jest, but even then your actions don't match up with your words. Why did you not vote for Rapier at the time?"- Refa, scumhunting extraordinaire, 2013

Rapier

-OK, I get where you're coming from in regards to Xinny.

-Don't really like your Paperblade case though. Why is SB overdefending a legit reaction?

-OK, my calling your votes easy was a misrep, apologies for that. However, I still don't get your early voting strategy. Like why is Paper so much scummier than Xinny now? Because he didn't write enough?

-For reference, I thought his first reply post to me was fine. Like, I was totally going to unvote him and state that I would not lynch him. But then his next post regarding me just seems so...opportunistic.

-Firstly he calls me a hypocrite because I complained about his prodvotes yet my post was full of prods. OK, already stated I was misrepping him on the former, however I really don't see why my post was full of prods. I voted someone who I think will flip scum, not because said person didn't explain their vote priorities enough.

-And he doesn't even vote me for it. Like really, why is Paperblade more likely to be scum FHPOV than me? Pretty sure he even calls the Paperblade vote weak in his post. Eh...I guess this could be chalked up to town hesitancy, but I don't really think that's the case considering he's calling me a hypocrite and all.

Shinori

-Actually makes a good point in regards to Poly.

-Wait, Rapier never did answer that question. I reiterate, why is Paper worse than Poly?

-Of course, Shinori always thinks I'm Mafia when he's town, but then again I always think he's Mafia so maybe it just balanced itself out this time

Xinnidy

-I don't like how you're complaining that I'm getting scumreads out of ED1. Like your defense is "It's a really early vote, how dare you be bothered by it" and if I really wanted to have a half assed attempt at reading you I would have just said "Yeah, I agree with everything Rapier says". So your logic does not compute!

-Did you find SB's post suspect/scummy because honestly what I said is how I read it as.

-I was accusing you of not pushing your reads hard enough (in fact you even said SB's actions could come from a townie) and that such a defense would be really stupid. Not really sure how that makes me a hypocrite, but if I was a hypocrite, I guess I would be ignorant of my obvious hypocrisy, so I'm going to need you to explain this to me in detail.

-Oh come on, I say "which just bothers me (wouldn't really call it hypocritical though)." and you say "Why would you point that I'm being hypocriticaly defensive". Like seriously, I specifically pointed out that I wouldn't call it hypocritical and you respond by saying that I called you a hypocrite. And obviously I'm not sure of what to think of you, geez, that should be a null tell considering that I either genuinely don't know your alignment or am pretending that I do not.

-I was bothered by you because you kept a weak vote on SB (although yeah your explanation makes sense and yeah maybe I should have read things better) and Rapier because a whole bunch of things on his end. Again, I don't really get why they're contradictory.

​-Also yeah, I really need to make an active effort to be less of a JERK. Sorry if I accidentally offended you.

-Getting town vibes from her Rapier responses (and her responses to me too, but she voted me so grrrrr....)

SB

-"I find it kind of weird how Refa was around and jokeposted but didn't put any actual content up till 2 pages later." Complains about actions that I can't really defend, but fails to point out the scum intent in them. Like if I was scum, why would I jokepost to begin with? If you reply to this with YOU JUST DID IT TO WIFOM then you're dumb because that would give like no town cred whatsoever.

-My "nobody is a perfect townie" point is actually brilliant tyvm. It just means that you can't look at any action that isn't obviously protown (say, your role...crumb whatever the fuck you want to call it) and say that person is scum. To clarify, scumhunting by a lack of townie actions is dumb.

-"Isn't this exactly what I've been accused of? You even say that I'm null later on in the post." Huh? I don't...follow.

-Also with regards to my Rapier vote being hypocritical, I disagree because I put a lot of hard effort into that when I could have just sheeped and got less scum reads.

-BTW, I'm claiming cop

OK, guys, give me one quote.

##Unvote

See, I actually did look back and Xinny did bring up a good point that she was replying a lot about the case because a lot of people were bothering her about it (yeah yeah me too, I am a Xinny-botherer). So I'm not really seeing the scum intent in that (for the record, I would say the same about Rapier's defensiveness as well).

SO THOUGHTS AS A WHOLE. Yeah, I'm less bothered by Xinny/Vhaltz as a whole. I still think Rapier could be scum, but I don't get why scum would try to stand out so much on Day 1. Blah (please lynch me so I don't have to effort). Vhaltz's case on bearclaw makes sense, and it's like I'd rather he be lynched than me, but eh...Rapier still bothers me more. Also while I think that Polydeuces' vote was weak and scummy, I feel like he does that kind of thing as town and honestly I'd have do some serious thinking before voting him. Like lynch priority would be Fapier > bearclaw >> Polydeuces, and there's really noone else I'd be willing to lynch atm. Kind of got this gut feeling on SB, but I had the same feeling when we were literally mason buddies, so honestly I'm not putting too much faith in it.

Whoo, them walls to read. Down to business, I suppose.

Refa's wall: ...Eh. I don't care for his tone at all in it (seemed snippity/snide/overly critical at times), and the massive amounts of quotes/replies he crammed into one post felt very disorganized, like he was pulling together the most he could to fill up the posts. I couldn't read his post without grimacing a bit, and it's not due to the size... Just something about it seems way too forced/out-of-place in his attempt to contribute.

Paper: Seemed a bit too defensive on what I saw to be an obvious RVS/joke vote from Shinori, and his lack of responses since then (aside from quoting Prim's post) = I'm really not sure where to place him. However, his reactions are ringing more townish than scum squirming under the pressure, but I'll need to see more posts later to get a clearer gut read.

Xinnidy: **She has been getting poked at repeatedly, and even if there was some reason to it, I don't agree to the extent it's gone on for. That wall of text of hers(?) as well as re-reading the rest of her(?) posts has given me a defensive, but almost definitely townish read thus far.

**Correct me if I'm wrong with the pronouns? I just recall reading "Sometimes I kinda wish people wouldn't call me a he so much", but please correct me if you'd rather I not.

Bear: I'm finding it hard to place him, since his posts dried up after muddling around Paper. Idk if he's just super busy, or if his posting just sowed more seeds of doubt regarding Paper (and disappeared after the damage was furthered). Not liking the intial gut read on him.

Vhaltz: Going over his posts so far, some of his reads/comments seem to waver moreso than not- in the sense of "This could be scummy, but then again could probs be townie", which I'm not caring for. In addition, I recall seeing this posted earlier:

Keeping an eye on Poly for reasons.

For what "reasons"? (What exactly are you looking for in scrutinizing him?) And the last few posts poking Shinori not voting Poly over Bear; it almost feels like he's trying to encourage more pushing of the Poly wagon, while utilizing Shinori's interrogation to do so.

@SB: His (Rapier's) seemed too frequent for so little happening; the hardcore tunneling on Xinnidy which resulted in (what I saw to be) an excessive amount of posting/pages of text, and then nit-picking on Paper as soon as Xin seemed to satisfy Rapier's questioning. Too much posting for too little progress- try-harding, as Prims said.

I found Xinnidy sketchy at first but her response to Refa reads like frustrated town to me.

Rapier you should vote Refa. Paper isn't even still on SB.

Also yeah get on that shit, Rapier. After all, Percival is theoretically weak to Rapiers hehehehehehehit'sfunnybecauseroyisbad.

I AM AN ACTEEV CONTRIBUTTER GAYS

-Not really sure why you think Paperblade is defensive. If anything, he's exhibited an utter lack of defense, didn't he have like 5 votes on him at one time and I don't think he ever responded to the people voting him except Shinori and Rapier (...wait who else voted Paperblade anyways)

-I would assume Vhaltz's reasons are role related, not really getting the impression that he's covertly pushing Poly's lynch (after all, generally there's not much point to keeping your eye on a dead person).

-Yeah, agree with your Rapier read (lol, nowai, Refa wants to lynch Rapier WHODDA THUNKIT).

(More side thoughts here as well, 'cause I realized my other post was getting a bit long and I didn't care to see another wall post, or make one myself. >_>)

Shinori: I can see his logic for the most part, but only odd thing that's poking at me currently = his buddying nature with Prims currently. Perhaps it's just another coincidence like Bear with Rapier, but somehow I doubt it. Weirding me out a bit. ;/

Prims: Seems less post intensive than usual so far this game, but it could be due to the massive posting/pages/walls from earlier. Otherwise, nul, leaning town.

Scorri: Few posts, but ended up with a Poly vote with decent logic (which I can and do agree with). Seemed a bit convenient/fairly easy vote in terms of timing, imo, but otherwise no complaints thus far.

Also Refa, I never said I thought you were scum. But was that last comment towards me a slip?

Nah, it's more like "Yeah, Shinori is looking town, but wait he always thinks I am scum when he is town...but then again I always think he's scum when I'm town so I guess we're even on that regard."

Reinbach Is Also Not Playing Unofficial Votals

Paperblade (3): bearclaw13, Rapier, Bluedoom

Rapier (3): Paperblade, Eurykins, Refa

Refa (3): Xinnidy, Prims, SB

bearclaw (1): Vhaltz

Xinnidy (1): Polydeuces

Polydeuces (2): Shinori, scorri

Voteless Bad Dudes (who will save me should I get elected): Helios

I think these are right? I can only hope (heheh role crumb from another game, go me) so.

@Refa: What I meant about Paperblade's response being defensive/(perhaps aggressive is actually the better word for his response) was his comment regarding Shinori's vote on him:

Shinori's vote is bad bad bad, if he doesn't come back later to give actual reads I'm gonna be furious

It seemed overly defensive as opposed to, "Lol, that Shinori first vote of the game" and overreacted, imo. Sure, he's been getting poked at, but either he's getting too prickly about it, or he's failing to see the context in which the posts/votes/comments are being made.

@Shinori: OPEN INTERROGATION? MUST BE SCUM-COVER. SCUMNORI HAS COME TO PLAY. >[

Also I noticed I made a similar comment in regards to SB so I just thought I'd clear it up and say yes I am actually suspicious of SB.