YouTube Content ID flagging

Raven

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/11/11/americas-most-popular-jobs/

it's not the most common starter job at all, not even close

but it sure is embarrassing that someone his age is only qualified for starter jobs -_-

Yeah, because those aren't real jobs either huh?

yes I am Libertarian and believe in people keeping the fruits of their own labor and not going to war for anything but defense

You believe in people keeping the fruits of their own labor, but you vocally call for the dismemberment of an entire growing market.

Okay.

if you watched the video, you'd know that burgerflipping was his job before he turned to making review videos fulltime

why is he as old as he is without being qualified to do something else

You don't understand supply and demand?

I understand that other people own that content and YouTube is a privately owned thing that can do what it wants

clearly this is case of YouTube being controlled by big corporate interests instead of what the "little guys" like this dude want

I do think YT is being a little bad here and could go about things better but oh well

Another reminder not to confuse copyright strikes with content ID claims. The latter do not compromise the guy at all.

oh cool, explains a lot

why is he as old as he is without being qualified to do something else

I understand that other people own that content and YouTube is a privately owned thing that can do what it wants

clearly this is case of YouTube being controlled by big corporate interests instead of what the "little guys" like this dude want

I do think YT is being a little bad here and could go about things better but oh well

oh cool, explains a lot

You didn't seem to understand Esau's point that people love burgers, therefore flipping burgers is a valuable job.

"mayorsoffice

Not to sound like a dick but that's how it is.. A company makes billions off the hard work of others, Then they join the super rich club, Then allow other parities in super rich club too change your product to what they see fit, Its how America works."

qq welcome to life in corporatism America where business and government are in bed together and YT gets to do this shit

You didn't seem to understand Esau's point that people love burgers, therefore flipping burgers is a valuable job.

you're right I missed that and it's a decent point

probably because apparently this guy hated that job so he wanted to do something better and more fulfilling

if he's able to make a successful YT channel like this and make and edit videos, surely he's capable of more than a starter job by now ~_~

Whether he is capable of something more and whether he wants to do something else is entirely besides the point. The entire point of free market capitalism lies in the exchange of producers and consumers. If someone can receive goods from people who derive utility from his content, then he's obviously capable enough to assemble a product people desire.

Also, as to the odd "qq deal with it this is how US works," your entire ideology is about calling for greater freedom in the market what the fuck

free market capitalism also protects the content creators people like him use to make money though

it also protects what YouTube, a privately owned business, wants to do

So...

While he is capable of it, there's no guarantee that he can succeed in any other market and he loves the one he's in. He likes his current lifestyle.

It's not like he's getting calls from gaming magazines to do reviews for them. He feels appreciated by his fanbase. The game industry doesn't care about him.

Edited by Makaze

free market capitalism also protects the content creators people like him use to make money though

Protect content creators from what exactly? Potential loss of profits? From what legitimate source?

So...

This is entirely separate from your statement that they should get a "real" job. I am not debating whether Youtube can legally do as it wishes. I am debating whether their actions constitute that of a genuine enterprise. And they do.

So...

How can you be free if I can stop you from competing with me in any market? Say, cars. I cut a deal so that my corporation doesn't have to pay taxes on said cars while you do. Is the car market free? No.

Let's say I cut the same deal but those taxes go to me instead of the state. Is the market free? No.

That's called a patent, or in the case of information, copyright. While the sentiment behind intellectual property strikes a cord with common morality, in practice it's the same as corporatist regulation. Even if we assume that the corporation actually invented the content first (which it often didn't; see pretty much every US inventor), the IP market simply favors those who came first.

Edited by Makaze

i like how on the internet we argue about arguments

I find it a lot easier to be objective and analyze arguments for their logical merit when you can't be cut off by incessant screaming mid-sentence.

I have no issues with Inui's signature, BUT if you guys have such difficulties with it. . .see that little X in the upper-right corner of his sig? Click it, and stop complaining.

I have no issues with Inui's signature, BUT if you guys have such difficulties with it. . .see that little X in the upper-right corner of his sig? Click it, and stop complaining.

then they will be deprived of the sexiest stuff out there :(

This is his follow-up video

Way more reasonable in this video. I loved when he was talking about the people who were not in networks tweeting him and telling him "welcome to the club". His idea on the compromise of giving a % of ad revenue to the clip claimers based on amount of content claimed was also solid. A much better entry than his frantic rant of before.

I find it a lot easier to be objective and analyze arguments for their logical merit when you can't be cut off by incessant screaming mid-sentence.

I know this is incredibly silly of me to relate, but this happens to me whenever I disagree with customers at work.. I'm a cashier, and while fluffing out a bag from the turnstile to put items in a little rip happened near the middle of it at the top. It can happen if the top of the plastic bag isn't pulled off from the rest of the stack properly. When that happens, it will inevitably end with the bag getting a huge rip right down the middle. So I did what I always do, I took the bag off the turnstile and tossed it in our recyclables bin. I guess the customer was a bit of a nut about the environment, because she gave me a look that could curdle milk and said, "Did you just throw that bag away?" "Yeah," I replied, "It tore right down the middle." "You know," she said in the most annoyingly smug tone you could possibly imagine, "These things can't be recycled." I frowned a bit, looking at the turnstile filled with bags all labeled RECYCLEABLE PLASTIC BAGS right at the top, then replied "Actually, we gather all the bags up that are thrown away and make big bales fo--" before being cut off by her rather loudly stating "There's a huge pile of plastic the size of Texas in the Pacific Ocean, you know, how about you read up on the environment?" The rest of the transaction was spaced with a rather awkward silence and her angry-smiles.

I suppose a cashier is meant to be a service entity at heart so it's to be expected. I try to go along with what others say with a smile, but when it's too awkward or wrong it tests my autism-ness. :(