straight thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your earlier question, Ike

The gay thread is just more fun.

I mean, for starters, it's just more gay.

well i mean

esme made that one

tonton made this one

you do the math

Oh please. Everyone in the gay thread saw "gay thread" and rushed in madly without any care for who it was posted by or Esme.

50/50 some days, others it depends which I think of/see first

man that sounds awesome, I wish I was also into dudes

Edited by Aleph

Why some bisexuals think EVERYONE in the world feels like them? lol

I'm pretty sure this "I'm attracted to both guys and girls so everyone should also be" argument doesn't work, you can't project it to everyone and the only thing it will do is piss straight and gay people off.

Don't pretend to know what how other people feel, because YOU DON'T KNOW how they feel. As simple as that.

Edited by Nobody

you didn't list what percentage of bisexual you are

this is important information

i prefer fractions actually, can you convert it?

As opposed to what?

I'm pretty sure this "I'm attracted to both guys and girls so everyone should also be" argument doesn't work, you can't project it to everyone and the only thing it will do is piss straight and gay people off.

Don't pretend to know what how other people feel, because YOU DON'T KNOW how they feel. As simple as that.

Seems like you need to read posts.

Edited by Makaze

>assuming there aren't gay and straight people that do the same shit

straight people itt just arguin'~~~~

gay people in the other thread just havin' funnnn~~~~

straight people in the other thread having fuuuunnnnn too~~~

In my personal experience, many bisexuals who I've seen doubt others are only attracted to one sex are more doubting that other people are incapable of being attracted to anybody who isn't that sex, not that they're necessarily in the closet and/or lying. It might be a pointless distinction, though, and I know very few bi people on a personal basis, so, I'm gay, I guess

I want somebody to quote that and make a ">straight people" joke but I don't want it to be me

Decisions, decisions,

As opposed to what?

lol

In my personal experience, many bisexuals who I've seen doubt others are only attracted to one sex are more doubting that other people are incapable of being attracted to anybody who isn't that sex, not that they're necessarily in the closet and/or lying. It might be a pointless distinction, though, and I know very few bi people on a personal basis, so, I'm gay, I guess

How I feel about this depends entirely on how you're defining "attracted to". Heterosexuals/homosexuals by definition are not attracted to members of the same sex for the purpose of having sex with them. It is more than possible to be straight or gay and find something about a member of the same/opposite sex attractive without being any less straight or gay. And it sure doesn't make you 80% your sexual orientation or some other utterly moronic concept.

I have known other bisexuals who seriously do not believe that people who are straight or gay are "really" straight or gay. I have known straight people who question claims of being gay. They exist, I can't claim to know what it stems from. I can theorize, but what I know for certain is that I would rather not make blanket statements about groups of people that I have no right to.

edit: I have no idea why I quoted your post twice lol

edit2: the typos

Edited by Tangerine

lol

How I feel about this depends entirely on how you're defining "attracted to". Heterosexuals/homosexuals by definition are not attracted to members of the same sex for the purpose of having sex with them. It is more than possible to be straight or gay and find something about a member of the same/opposite sex attractive without being any less straight or gay. And it sure doesn't make you 80% your sexual orientation or some other utterly moronic concept.

I have known other bisexuals who seriously do not believe that people who are straight or gay are "really" straight or gay. I have known straight people who question claims of being gay. They exist, I can't claim to know what it stems from. I can theorize, but what I know for certain is that I would rather not make blanket statements about groups of people that I have no right to.

Sexual orientation covers what arouses you. Sexual behavior covers what you engage in sexual activity with. Sexual identity covers how you define your sexuality relative to other people. I'm not sure how you define them, but you don't seem to be making distinctions right now.

People get turned on by more than genitalia. They judge sexual attractiveness on clothed appearance more often than not. Because the features that you find attractive can appear in both sexes regardless of their genitalia, you can be interested in sex with them under the assumption that they fit into your orientation. You may be aroused up to the point that you see their genitalia.

In simpler terms, straight people are people who consider genitalia similar to their own a turn-off. This is no different than any other turn-off. Similarly, gay people consider genitalia different from their own a turn-off. They can be 'tricked' if you will into being aroused by someone outside of their orientation if the cause of arousal keeps their genitalia a secret.

Consider how people judge someone based on their face, mouth, chest, hips and butt. It's very common to be aroused by viewing a part of a person's body from a single angle.

If you can be aroused by everything but their genitalia, the distinction between gay and straight becomes small. Genitalia is a small part of the body compared to the multitude of things people are aroused by. If genitalia represents 10% of all of the things a person can be attracted to (random number), then a person's sexual orientation as we define it only accounts for 10% of what turns them on. Crop out the crotch of a photo of a feminine man and ask a straight male how attractive he is, and you'll see how the priorities are mixed. Parallel with any set of features and any orientation.

If you go by that definition, then it's much safer to say that there are individuals who are 100% something. They are 100% not turned on by their own genitalia, or by different genitalia. But because people can have traits that turn you on along with genitalia that doesn't, you cannot say that you are 100% not turned on by them as a person based on that alone.

Edited by Makaze

Sexual orientation covers what arouses you. Sexual behavior covers what you engage in sexual activity with. Sexual identity covers how you define your sexuality relative to other people. I'm not sure how you define them, but you don't seem to be making distinctions right now.

People get turned on by more than genitalia. They judge sexual attractiveness on clothed appearance more often than not. Because the features that you find attractive can appear in both sexes regardless of their genitalia, you can be interested in sex with them under the assumption that they fit into your orientation. You may be aroused up to the point that you see their genitalia.

In simpler terms, straight people are people who consider genitalia similar to their own a turn-off. This is no different than any other turn-off. Similarly, gay people consider genitalia different from their own a turn-off. They can be 'tricked' if you will into being aroused by someone outside of their orientation if the cause of arousal keeps their genitalia a secret.

Consider how people judge someone based on their face, mouth, chest, hips and butt. It's very common to be aroused by viewing a part of a person's body from a single angle.

If you can be aroused by everything but their genitalia, the distinction between gay and straight becomes small. Genitalia is a small part of the body compared to the multitude of things people are aroused by. If genitalia represents 10% of all of the things a person can be attracted to (random number), then a person's sexual orientation as we define it only accounts for 10% of what turns them on. Crop out the crotch of a photo of a feminine man and ask a straight male how attractive he is, and you'll see how the priorities are mixed. Parallel with any set of features and any orientation.

If you go by that definition, then it's much safer to say that there are individuals who are 100% something. They are 100% not turned on by their own genitalia, or by different genitalia. But because people can have traits that turn you on along with genitalia that doesn't, you cannot say that you are 100% not turned on by them as a person based on that alone.

lol

okay, long essay warning:

im gay