Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia [Everyone loses but j00, Baldrick and Manix]

Bard

What I said last night was harsher than it needed to be. Sorry about that. it's all tsun-rick's fault

Refa does have some slightly odd logic. Like you having four people on your priority list meaning you think hey are all scum, me pushing Manix is scummy because it didn't get much agreement. Rapier's D2 might just be because it's Rapier go I'd probably lynch Refa before him.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eclipse Is A Friggin' Hero! Votal

Elieson (1): Rapier
Refa (1): scorri
Baldrick (1): Eurykins
Eurykins (2): Refa, Baldrick

Not Voting: Elieson, j00

Lynches happen at 4 votes!

Deadline countdown:
http://www.timeandda...Day 2 End&csz=1

As player activity has been dwindling, I believe shortening the next Day will improve the game quality! Therefore, Day 3 will have 36 hours instead of 48!

Elieson has been prodded!

Bard, on 11 Jan 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

As player activity has been dwindling, I believe shortening the next Day will improve the game quality! Therefore, Day 3 will have 36 hours instead of 48!

Right, because us human beings will have more time to read walls and post replies when we have less time to do so...? Probably going to have more people go entire phases without posting, like me. I also warned you that I was busy.

OK SO HERE WE GO

Refa

Since our gracious host decided to update the OP with information that excludes information regarding the dead (other than the fact that they're actually dead, thank you very much for that Bard), I'm feeling comfortable about three things.

1: My thoughts on Isaac were albeit correct, because I thought he was scum. However, I also assumed that Miria was scum, entirely due to meta reasons, and now that I have Miria's RolePM, I'm surprised to discover the opposite. Anyhow;

2: Refa's stupidbad Vanilla claim when the rules say Vanilla's dont exist was fine and dandy, except it was so far into the game (on like, Page 8, 2/3 through the game as up to right this minute). That's horrible timing for jokes, and TBH Baldrick is victim of this too. With an already bastard mod and flips that don't seem to make sense (4 scum in an 11 person game with multiple night deaths means that game is probably over following a mislynch, especially since *YLO isn't being announced. This is no time or game for jokes, and the more pointless sarcasm I have to deal with, the more I'm going to find you scummy.

##Vote Refa

Want a better case?

This. His case on Polydeuces was the utmost of waffle (He has good responses, but I find him scummy), and his case on Poly was that Poly's cases weren't ones that Refa could agree on. That's bad logic. Disagreeing with other people is bad logic. You didn't explain why Isaac wasn't scummy, you just said "Poly's not trying hard enough so he needs to be voted". I don't care that Poly flipped scum, because the case is still bad. It makes you look better for voting him if people are just analyzing votals, but if anyone who gives a shit reads into the cases presented, they'll notice your weak vote on a weak player.

Then there's this. Mighty Jumpman here has a point about his claim being bullshit (since it obviously wasn't true), but I don't like it. "I was only joking because the rule obviously states otherwise" doesn't make it any better that you did it. You can't say "Bomb" on an airplane, even if the rules say "No Bombs on this Airplane", because it both causes panic and detracts from actual relevant duties. Instead of taking off on a regularly scheduled flight, the crew has to deal with nitwits that scream Bomb and try to determine if it's factual or not. This wastes everybody's time, and in a time-sensitive game like this, it's a bad idea to waste time.

Continuing, Could you elaborate on your case on me?

Moving on, how do you explain an 11 person game with 4 flipped mafia, when it's still going on? You're no less innocent than the rest, when the numbers are as weird as they are.

And what should be above that, this does not strike me as town-v-town bickering.

Here's why.

Baldrick

Unphased by a motivator claim, with absolutely no reasoning behind it.

Suggest Rolespec as an alternative to scumhunting, which is a bad bad bad idea.

How many scum do you think are left? You should answer your own question.

Your response to Eury's post (aside from the null-tell argumentative parts regarding real life and morals and stuff) did have a glimmer of bad hindsight.

In addition, it's funny to see you speaking of 'all the hours of riveting discussion' when what you did killed the rest of the time for discussion last day phase.

That... That was the joke. Also, 36+ hours of discussion versus 2 hours. Some people may miss the entire phase!

Your early vote was poorly justified as a "GET HIM NOT ME" thing, as an act of what looks more like desperation than anything else. Eury's concern is justified, as most games have crunch time discussion within the last couple of hours before phase end on D1.

The fact that you hammered scum, again, is your only saving grace.

Apparently not, since the guy who hammered scum is at L-2.

Interpreted your response as: "Guys I hammered scum BUT Y U MAD @ ME"

Scumreads:

More likely: Refa

Less likely: Baldrick

1) Considering my "claim" wasn't before the 4 flips, stating that it's horrible timing by comparing it to those makes no sense, try harder!

2) Oh, so you're complaining about me voting Poly for disagreeing with his cases by voting me because you disagree with my case, seems totally legit no hypocrisy there wait a minute...

3) I like your simile, but unfortunately it doesn't hold up because vanillas are in no way particularly threatening to town.

4) Sure I can elaborate on my case on you. It'll be right below:

5) (seriously, why do you think I had a case on you before)

6) I never said I was more innocent than the rest of the chumps (of course I am, but I can't expect you to believe that being so suspicious) here, but if you think I'm scum because I planned all of the deaths yesterday then your thought process is seriously flawed.

7) Never said I found Baldrick v Eurykins to be town v town bickering, considering I've already stated to have a read on Baldrick and am currently voting Eurykins.

A lot of your responses just feel like you're looking at the surface level comments without actually looking to see if there's scum intent. Like, Baldrick never suggested using rolespec to scumhunt, where did you get that idea from?

1) Considering my "claim" wasn't before the 4 flips, stating that it's horrible timing by comparing it to those makes no sense, try harder!

2) Oh, so you're complaining about me voting Poly for disagreeing with his cases by voting me because you disagree with my case, seems totally legit no hypocrisy there wait a minute...

3) I like your simile, but unfortunately it doesn't hold up because vanillas are in no way particularly threatening to town.

4) Sure I can elaborate on my case on you. It'll be right below:

5) (seriously, why do you think I had a case on you before)

6) I never said I was more innocent than the rest of the chumps (of course I am, but I can't expect you to believe that being so suspicious) here, but if you think I'm scum because I planned all of the deaths yesterday then your thought process is seriously flawed.

7) Never said I found Baldrick v Eurykins to be town v town bickering, considering I've already stated to have a read on Baldrick and am currently voting Eurykins.

A lot of your responses just feel like you're looking at the surface level comments without actually looking to see if there's scum intent. Like, Baldrick never suggested using rolespec to scumhunt, where did you get that idea from?

1. You misread. I said that page 8 is a horrible time for jokes and sarcasm. I don't care about other claims WRT yours, I care about timing and presentation. you try harder
  2. Let me try this again. I think your justification for voting for Poly was shit. Looks like what could be bussing to me. Therefore, I have voted you for bussing Poly.
  3. Vanillas aren't threatening, but vanilla claims are.
  4. Actually, that was meant to be addressed to Baldrick...lolproofreading
  5. see 4.
  6. I don't think you planned all the deaths; quite honestly I think either there's more bombs about, more than one team, and/or a trigger happy Vig that still has a bullet (why else wouldn't anyone have claimed a kill on scum at the moment)
  7. You said their debate was going to accomplish nothing. This can imply two things (that you think that it's in-town bickering, or that you think it's a waste of time...and there is some quality coming from their debate so it can't be a waste of time).

I think in this game at least, if we're using role spec to scum hunt we might as well RL. It would have just as good a chance of catching scum.

Also refa, This is a response to your last line at me.

Elieson big misrep on Refa. His beef was with Poly's effort, and him being outright wrong in regards to his reaction to j00's claim. Point about Refa bussing doesn't change the fact you're voting refa because you find his case bad, which you say is scum logic. Treating refa's vanilla claim way too seriously.

My reasoning is that line you have quoted. It's a bastard game, role spec is pointless. RL'ing is a shitty way to find scum, and so is role spec in a bastard game. So, Poly's claim did nothing for me in terms of how scummy I found him. Speaking of that post, the extent to which you misinterpreted is unbelievable.

If town are doing their best work in the last few hours of the phase they are doing it wrong. The best time for town to have meaningful discussion is as early as possible, so there is time to have one without the lynch breathing down their neck. For this reason, LD1 discussion is compromised and extremely rarely does it produce anything good for town. Hence, your assertion that my removing it is anti-town is incorrect. Plus, everything I have already said on that matter.

Eury was saying my hammering scum saved me from the lynch. I was pointing out that was far from a given.

You claim to find pointless things scummy, but you have a random talk about Manix and levity that has absolutely no relevance to the game state. Seriously, what was the point of that?

My case on you? You need to post more (well, you've done that) and levity never replied to me so that's still not more than gut to me. Being inactive at this stage is scummy, town would want to be as active as possible, and scum would want to fly under the radar. Add your bad misinterpretations and your hypocrisy, and I feel good about your lynch

##unvote

##vote: Elieson

Phase end is in 4 hours iirc and it's half-past midnight where I am right now. I will be around but I won't be in a state to discuss much. Lynch priority elie = Eury > scorri = refa

Bard We Love You Come Back! Votal

Elieson (2): Rapier, Baldrick

Refa (2): scorri, Elieson

Baldrick (1): Eurykins

Eurykins (1): Refa

Not Voting: j00

Lynches happen at 4 votes!

Deadline countdown:

http://www.timeandda...Day 2 End&csz=1

(that's a touch under two hours from here - get to it!)

On crappy phone Internet so can't elaborate but tldr I'd rather elieson be lynched than I

##unvote ##vote Elieson

Sorry about lack of bold but I can't bold so yeah

Alrighty then.

Wrt Elieson's Case/post:

1. Not sure where the random blurb regarding his thoughts on Isaac/Miria came from (not sure if someone's case was based on his/Miria's opinions of Isaac prior or something else was said to warrant said comment, but that's just minor weird thing that caught my eye.

2. Some points of the Refa case I can see/understand, but not sure if the logic behind Refa's "it's not going to accomplish anything" = implied us town-infighting. Maybe he did, but idk. He sounded more like an outsider just tapping on a glass window, motioning us to keep it down (obviously Baldrick and I were having a blast late at night and our neighbor Refa didn't like it. What a buzz-kill. :<)

Not sure how I'm feeling about Elieson currently.

However, as I'm re-reading, Refa's kinda bothering more due to his content (or lackthereof). ;/

ED2:

Post 1: Laughs about the lifespan of what appeared to be "itg scum" (according to him).

Post 2: Comments on my 'bad lynch priority' (which I don't altogether understand, but that's an opinion he's entitled to), says Rapier's vote is bad, and says he agrees with j00's logic against Baldrick, which yields Baldrick as his highest scum read and votes for him.

Post 3: Moves his vote to me to avoid any early hammering on Baldrick- which I'm fine with (logical enough given what happened D1, and the lower number of people/fewer number of votes needed for the hammer).

Post 4: Responded to my post, though he uses the fact that those who wanted to shoot him for inactivity = were scum, therefore his vig shot would've been unwarranted? (Not sure if that alone saves him, but moving on.)

Post 5:

Requesting Baldrick and Eury to stop deathtunneling each other and make huge responses. You guys already know my activity level isn't amazing, don't make it worse than it already is!

Also I don't think either of you are going to be accomplishing anything with that besides making each other really mad.

So there's a bit of joking thrown in, typical Refa. But... he never really comments on our content of our discussion/firing back and forth, which interests me. In addition, his reasoning for us stopping (large posts is one thing, but--) was that we were just going to make each other mad and figure out nothing? That's... it? No comment regarding what he thought of the entire walls, no changes in his reads, etc? That I find a little hard to believe, and the whole distant feel I'm getting from his lack of interaction with Baldrick and my conversation (and, if I'm not mistaken, Baldrick himself has been asking Refa to respond to him, which he (Refa) STILL has yet to do? Weird.)

Post 6: Responds to Elieson's post, but imo, I disagree with his #1, #3 (Vanilla claim he said, is no threat to town. Not unless it was a scum vanilla role, is what my mind drew from his comment), and #7 sat ill with me.

Still sounds like he was making himself out to contributing to the thread/conversation by his 'read' on Baldrick (purely from agreeing with j00's logic?), and yet was still splitting his vote onto me---

*Insert Refa-post Ninja here*

On crappy phone Internet so can't elaborate but tldr I'd rather elieson be lynched than I

##unvote ##vote Elieson

Sorry about lack of bold but I can't bold so yeah

...Another desperate measure of a vote? I'm not liking this at all. Two days in a row, and last-minute votes sliding in. REALLY?

I don't like the feel I'm getting from Elieson's post, but Refa overall is piling up more posts that feel too... easy. Not enough of his own effort coming through with his reads, and his responses are detached at best. Do not like at all.

Currently: Refa > Elieson = Baldrick > Rapier > j00 > Scorri

##Unvote

##Vote Refa

Eurykins a no lynch will hurt town more than it will help (if it would help at all). The reason for my last minute vote is bcuse I'd rather vote someone who isn't proven town fmpov. Unless u have reason to believe elieson is 100% town u sud vote him.

When you're a pirate there's a certain form of justice you abide by. Like shooting fish in a barrel, or throwing ladies off of the boat first in case of emergency. Like not having enough food. You get rid of the ladies first, 'cos they'd complain the most.

Another one of those things is when someone starts speaking with a new voice. Like they're a completely different person! Why, you help them out with their identity crisis, and turn two into none.

And so the pirates shot Elieson.

Elieson has died!

Elieson was Edward Teach (Scum)!

It is now Night. You have 24 hours to do your thing.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20140113T0030&p0=%3A&msg=Dawn+of+the+Third+Day&csz=1

Aaaaaaaaand so dawns the third day of the pirate boogaloo!

When all pirates come about, they can't help but notice one of theirs is missing!

Refa has died!

Refa was Cotton (Scum)!

Also scorri isn't part of the game anymore but who cares!

THERE ARE FOUR OF YOU ALIVE! IT TAKES 3 TO LYNCH!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140114T13&p0=%3A&msg=Night+4+Begins%21

Just a friendly reminder: Today has only 36 hours!

Also, mod clarification: scorri's departure from the game is not due to dropping out or modkills. I will not answer any further questions related to this.