A Taguel Dream REalized

Ghostlander

So I just realized, If you use a female avatar, and marry her to Yarne, you can have a male taguel with galeforce. How sick is that?

I'm not a big fan of male Morgan's hair in the portrait, but..whatever I guess. I wish Yarne could get galeforce :p At least Olivia helps.

But Yeah, Male Morgan - Taguel with Galeforce, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Ignis, and Luna or Agressor. I'm definitely doing this on my next play through.

Just an FYI, Taguels aren't very good- they lack both ranged weapons and Braves. You may have Galeforce, but can you kill something to activate it?

lack ranged weapons. So? Panne kills everything that even dares to touch her... I fail to see how she's bad. And she dodges almost every hit. Same with Yarne.

So Yeah... he'd kill plenty of things to activate it. What game are you playing that taguel class automatically sucks? lol

lack ranged weapons. So? Panne kills everything that even dares to touch her... I fail to see how she's bad. And she dodges almost every hit. Same with Yarne.

So Yeah... he'd kill plenty of things to activate it. What game are you playing that taguel class automatically sucks? lol

Magic, bows, Javelins, and hand axes.

The taguel line is incapable of killing those who have 2 or 1~2 on enemy phase, which makes taguels less efficient, thus worse, than others like mages, manaketes and wyvern riders

Magic, bows, Javelins, and hand axes.

The taguel line is incapable of killing those who have 2 or 1~2 on enemy phase, which makes taguels less efficient, thus worse, than others like mages, manaketes and wyvern riders

That's laughable that people think "oh if you dont have galeforce and range you suck, go kill yourself"

Like...really? I just use characters I like...and I make them pwn the map. Who cares? If they're defending, they dodge, when it's their turn they kill. If it's super far away, someone else can get it...or olivia can dance. F*ck max efficiency and all that. That's a terrible way to play the game. Just my opinion. I like to enjoy the characters i want to use. I like taguel, i like galeforce. case closed.

I prefer not being eternally weak to Beast Killers, but eh. If this setup makes you happy, more power to you. You might want to tone down your responses, though.

That's laughable that people think "oh if you dont have galeforce and range you suck, go kill yourself"

Like...really? I just use characters I like...and I make them pwn the map. Who cares? If they're defending, they dodge, when it's their turn they kill. If it's super far away, someone else can get it...or olivia can dance. F*ck max efficiency and all that. That's a terrible way to play the game. Just my opinion. I like to enjoy the characters i want to use. I like taguel, i like galeforce. case closed.

Maybe you only play Normal/Hard, but in Lunatic and above all enemies start getting +Hit skills that make dodging a not so reliable way of survival, especially since you lack WTA. And when you can't kill stuff on EP, you're going to get hit a lot. And since Taguels have subpar defenses, you won't last long when getting hit, especially if the unit doing the hitting happens to have a Forged Beastkiller.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

It's not always efficiency, though. Not being able to kill them when they first attack due to range means they get more shots, and chances, to hurt your unit.

I played Lunatic. And you know what? It's exactly the same once you get to where the dlc gate opens. Just make sure your units are caught up and you have the best gear. I don't need all the extra micro-manage bs. I like to enjoy the characters and the battles thanks.

AS for lunatic+, Not for me. Maybe other people are in to dressing up in leather and zippers and spanking themselves while playing a hand-held. Not me.

okay no one in this thread has actually said this

Yes, they have. Otherwise it would be utterly meaningless for someone to even mention Taguel's lack of effeciency, directing it towards someone who plays the game "casually".

I played Lunatic. And you know what? It's exactly the same once you get to where the dlc gate opens. Just make sure your units are caught up and you have the best gear. I don't need all the extra micro-manage bs. I like to enjoy the characters and the battles thanks.

AS for lunatic+, Not for me. Maybe other people are in to dressing up in leather and zippers and spanking themselves while playing a hand-held. Not me.

I agree with you. What does it matter to not kill something from range (that's not exactly hitting you often), when you're going to kill them on your phase, anyway? You might as well give them that mercy. Make them know they're but flies on the battlefield.

I am personally a fan of Yarne (Frederick being the father) with Luna and Panne wrecking things by lategame/postgame, when I play casually.

This is Yarne's theme, what do you think?

okay no one in this thread has actually said this

what dondon said.

I would imagine that you, in a casual situation, would want to make the game as easy for yourself as possible, while using characters that you like. It's easy to find a way to use just about any unit in any class because there are a total of 5 or so classes that cant always counter an enemy strike (disregarding Mire of course). Panne and Yarne have access to those classes.

I don't know what difficulty you're playing, but even in easier modes, 1~2 range certainly isn't a terrible thing.

No, you're wrong.

As a casual player, he would want to make this as fun as possible for himself. And the lack of 2-range isn't exactly making it much more easier than it is, it doesn't hurt him, seeing as he claims there are no real dangers to his units' survivability.

Edited by The Grey

Yes, they have. Otherwise it would be utterly meaningless for someone to even mention Taguel's lack of effeciency, directing it towards someone who plays the game "casually".

ctrl+f "kill yourself" and you'll discover that the only instances of that in this thread are in the OP's quotes or in this post.

1-2 range is a godsend in this game. So taguels are crippled for not having access to that.

Thus, Panne's best class is Griffon Rider. Not so high Str as Wyvern Lord, but as Wyvern Lord you're vulnerable to BOTH Beast Killers and Wyrmslayers.

Anyway, I like Panne and Yarne as Taguel because it doesn't mean my Beaststones+ are useless and I like having unique units (even if the way they play is not really unique).

BTW, unlike someone else mentioned before, taguels are ALWAYS vulnerable to Beast Killers no matter the class they choose.

BTW, unlike someone else mentioned before, taguels are ALWAYS vulnerable to Beast Killers no matter the class they choose.

Alright, here's what you probably meant to reply to:

I prefer not being eternally weak to Beast Killers, but eh. If this setup makes you happy, more power to you.

Next, here's the opening post (bold mine):

So I just realized, If you use a female avatar, and marry her to Yarne, you can have a male taguel with galeforce. How sick is that?

I'm not a big fan of male Morgan's hair in the portrait, but..whatever I guess. I wish Yarne could get galeforce :p At least Olivia helps.

But Yeah, Male Morgan - Taguel with Galeforce, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Ignis, and Luna or Agressor. I'm definitely doing this on my next play through.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Everything is a cakewalk with DLC. If your idea of fun is playing a lawnmower simulator, I won't try to stop you, but at least try to show a little respect for people who play games because they're looking for a challenge.

It's not always efficiency, though. Not being able to kill them when they first attack due to range means they get more shots, and chances, to hurt your unit.

That's not necessarily true, you'll only take additional damage if you're being doubled. The only way being able to attack back will lower the damage done to you is if you have vantage and can 1HKO. Oh, and if you are attacking back and are being confronted by a lot of units, attacking back and killing can increase the damage done to you because it'll open up space for another unit to move in and attack. There's also the additional RNG numbers burnt, which can swing either way or make no difference.

Well, there's one other thing that occurs to me. If you have a weapon that can counter the enemy's attack, that will make you a less desirable target to the AI as compared to other 1 range/2 range only units or non-attacking units.

Edited by SeverIan

That's not necessarily true, you'll only take additional damage if you're being doubled.

I'm pretty sure that what they meant is that if you don't have a 1-2 range weapon, and the enemy with a 2 or 1-2 range weapon attacks you on the enemy phase, they'll survive, thus having another chance to attack you if you attack them on your turn, or the next enemy phase.

I'm pretty sure that what they meant is that if you don't have a 1-2 range weapon, and the enemy with a 2 or 1-2 range weapon attacks you on the enemy phase, they'll survive, thus having another chance to attack you if you attack them on your turn, or the next enemy phase.

This. If you can only kill on EP, even if you have Galeforce a lot of foes will live longer and get more chances to attack you.

Everything is a cakewalk with DLC. If your idea of fun is playing a lawnmower simulator, I won't try to stop you, but at least try to show a little respect for people who play games because they're looking for a challenge.

I don't grind until it's easy. I like a challenge. I don't like soft-resetting because a level up didn't go my way or a certain move didn't go the way I wanted exactly.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
Removed insult.

Oh good point, I guess that does make sense.