If Lucina Had her Own Story....

HK Motendra

She's not the Lord of the game, yet has the Lord class and is an important character in the overall story. Of all of the game's shortcomings, this one sticks out to me the most. If she did, I believe that many things that were just brushed to the side without any proper explanation could have salvaged the story from being a trainwreck. Any thoughts on what might be unraveled, if it actually happened?

For one thing, It could explain exactly what the hell she was doing each time she disappears as "Marth" and why she just happens to reappear out of nowhere before finally joining the Shepherds.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happened, I'd want to puke. xP (I'm not a Lucina fan at all)

But there are things about her that are unexplained, like why she beat Lon'qu to be Basilio's champion in Regna Ferox. She could've done it to throw the match and let Chrom win, but we don't know for sure.

This is a reason why Awakening's story isn't as good as it could've been, imo. It felt kinda rushed.

But there are things about her that are unexplained, like why she beat Lon'qu to be Basilio's champion in Regna Ferox. She could've done it to throw the match and let Chrom win, but we don't know for sure.

This is a reason why Awakening's story isn't as good as it could've been, imo. It felt kinda rushed.

This also. In her time, Chrom still wins doesn't he? There was no actual reason for her to do so, unless she wanted to just see how well he fights. With how much she loves her father, I'd imagine that she'd at least want a chance at him.

I think that if they showed how they got to the past, and what not, maybe the plot would've been more explained.

Indeed it would. Future Past may have given a glimpse at what her future may have been like, but it was still different. Knowing the whoe story could have been nice.

Future of Despair/Future Past alone got me hooked onto the plot more than the maingame of FE13 did.

Seriously. It helped that the dialogue was amazing, and the emotions were conveyed well.

Edited by ZeeEmm

But don't you think this would probably help you like her more?

She's not open minded when it comes to that. She dislikes what she dislikes and that's final.

...at least taking that from her recent posts.

I probably should have mentioned that by her having her own story, it'd be kind of like FE7 with Eliwood & Hector or Ephraim & Eirika with FE8. She'd be on her own at first, but then join up with Chrom and play through the story through her perspective and shed light on the things that were left out.

If Lucina did get her own game, maybe it could be present!Lucina, when she's older, instead of the Lucina that traveled to the past? I mean, just because Chrom and the avatar solved all immediate problems at the end of Awakening, doesn't mean that Ylisse and Valm are going to be at peace forever. On the contrary, I think there's quite a bit of potential for more conflict in Ylisse. Instead of the Big Bad trying to resurrect something dangerous and/or evil, why not just have a political struggle? I suspect that Valm is a right mess, and that by the time present!Lucina becomes a teenager maybe the seeds of conflict will be ready to flower.

I would love this and maybe then they can explain the gaping plothole of why Lucina's sword sometimes shines. Seriously that happens twice counting dlc and also is mentioned in Lucy and Cynhia's non siblling support!

Edited by AlphaZero

If Lucina did get her own game, maybe it could be present!Lucina, when she's older, instead of the Lucina that traveled to the past? I mean, just because Chrom and the avatar solved all immediate problems at the end of Awakening, doesn't mean that Ylisse and Valm are going to be at peace forever. On the contrary, I think there's quite a bit of potential for more conflict in Ylisse. Instead of the Big Bad trying to resurrect something dangerous and/or evil, why not just have a political struggle? I suspect that Valm is a right mess, and that by the time present!Lucina becomes a teenager maybe the seeds of conflict will be ready to flower.

I didnt even think about present!Lucina. This has a lot of potential, though I'm not sure how it would play out seeing as how there's always this above human threat in each game. (Correct me if I'm wrong about this)

I would love this and maybe then they can explain the gaping plothole of why Lucina's sword sometimes shines. Seriously that happens twice counting dlc and also is mentioned in Lucy and Cynhia's non siblling support!

Another one of Awakening's unsolved mysteries.

I didnt even think about present!Lucina. This has a lot of potential, though I'm not sure how it would play out seeing as how there's always this above human threat in each game. (Correct me if I'm wrong about this)

I'm not sure how much this counts, but in FE9 at least the final boss was Ashnard. I mean, true, FE9 had a sequel with a greater enemy than any beorc or laguz, and after the halfway point in FE9 the threat of the dark god sealed in the medallion breaking free was mentioned, but Ashnard was ultimately the final boss and the greatest threat in FE9.

Since Awakening has two possible endings, one of which makes a greater threat next to impossible in the future, the only thing I can think of that'll keep everyone happy is a political threat. Maybe the remnants of the Grimleal weren't quashed wholly by Chrom and they're causing trouble?

Edited by Sangyul

But don't you think this would probably help you like her more?

That's possible. But you never know.

She's not open minded when it comes to that. She dislikes what she dislikes and that's final.

...at least taking that from her recent posts.

Um, yes I am. I can be made to like characters more than I did originally. At first, I didn't care much for Vaike, for example, but now I like him. So stop.

I'm not sure how much this counts, but in FE9 at least the final boss was Ashnard. I mean, true, FE9 had a sequel with a greater enemy than any beorc or laguz, and after the halfway point in FE9 the threat of the dark god sealed in the medallion breaking free was mentioned, but Ashnard was ultimately the final boss and the greatest threat in FE9.

Since Awakening has two possible endings, one of which makes a greater threat next to impossible in the future, the only thing I can think of that'll keep everyone happy is a political threat. Maybe the remnants of the Grimleal weren't quashed wholly by Chrom and they're causing trouble?

Hmm.... you might be on to something here. I like the idea of it though.

Perhaps it could explore what happens to her and the Children after the end of Awakening? Their future ceases to exist once you defeat Grima, so they wouldn't ever need to travel back in time. But it does open up possibilities for the child characters. Do they simply stop existing, fading away in golden shimmers as time has run a new course? Or do they continue to live out of their time and watch their own selves grow up into completely different people? Or are they, somehow, forced back to a timeline where Grima isn't defeated by their parents, even with the knowledge that they helped defeat the dark dragon themselves?

The interesting thing about the characters being from the present timeline would be interesting because some of them would behave totally differently. For example, in Severa and Cynthia's Harvest Scramble convo, it reveals Cynthia was very effeminate and shallow and became the Cynthia we all know and love because of Sumia dying. Also, Severa acts the way she acts because she was traumatized by Cordelia's death and felt that Cordelia left and died for Chrom and not her family and would be generally nice. Evidence to back this up would be Henry and Cordelia's ending " Henry settled down with Cordelia and turned out to be a surprisingly good father. Their newborn daughter grew up in a peaceful world with two loving parents and was said to be a likeable girl."

Um, yes I am. I can be made to like characters more than I did originally. At first, I didn't care much for Vaike, for example, but now I like him. So stop.

Well, Ana, your first post in this thread didn't really sound all that ... well, pleasant.

I know you're not a Lucina fan at all, and there's nothing wrong with that. But saying that you'd want to puke is a ... rather extreme reaction. There are people who like Lucina. Why would you want to take away the enjoyment of theorizing what a hypothetical game for Lucina would be like for her fans by saying that it makes you want to puke?

If you started a thread called "If FE10 was remade ..." and talked about some of the things you wished would be in it (such as an Ike/Elincia ending) and if someone said "if Ike/Elincia was a possible ending I'd puke (I hate Ike and I like Elincia/Geoffrey better), wouldn't that take away the enjoyment of the thread for you?

It's not a matter of being able to change your opinion on how much you like characters. It's a matter of expressing it in a manner that doesn't put off others.

Present Lucina would be interesting to see. She could end up being quite different from the Lucina we know.

The times we live in and the challeneges we face help shape us. For a fictional example let's look at Trunks in Dbz, Future Trunks is a noble warrior who is brutal and harsh in battle because he has to be do deal with the androids.

Kid Trunks is a spoiled daredevil due to his upbringing being more peaceful and such

A sort of prequel would be kind of cool.

(Events from war/grimas revival in Lucinas timeline up to her coming back)

Kid Trunks is a spoiled daredevil due to his upbringing being more peaceful and such

Well he IS Vegetas kid.

Edited by Tribute

The only flaw about this idea is we would have to go through some form of "canon pairings" and we know how messy that can get.

Save Data transfers are a genius way of removing that. Or a choice at the beginning of who Chrom ended up with

The only flaw about this idea is we would have to go through some form of "canon pairings" and we know how messy that can get.

Save Data transfers are a genius way of removing that. Or a choice at the beginning of who Chrom ended up with

Adding to that, they could simply let the player choose every pairing at the start of the game(and maybe add some?) for all the other children.