If Lucina Had her Own Story....

HK Motendra

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe something during the time skip?

While a midquel would be a good way to try and fill some of the plot holes of Awakening's story, the problem is that the story itself doesn't leave the option for much of a story. Yes, Lucina spent 2 years alone during that skip, but Plegia was recovering from the war, Ferox is Ylisse ally and I don't think she got involved with Valm. The best thing we could hope would be her fumbling around against bandits, otherwise, the midquel would only add more plot holes to a story already riddled with them.

A prequel to Awakening about Chrom's father and his war with Plegia could fill just as many plotholes as a Lucina tale without bothering the shipping fans. It could also provide some characters/places (namely Walhart, Excellus and Valm) with some much-needed backstory. It's not like IS hasn't done this before, FE7 was a prequel in the same vein as what I'm talking about.

A prequel to Awakening about Chrom's father and his war with Plegia could fill just as many plotholes as a Lucina tale without bothering the shipping fans. It could also provide some characters/places (namely Walhart, Excellus and Valm) with some much-needed backstory. It's not like IS hasn't done this before, FE7 was a prequel in the same vein as what I'm talking about.

This is an appealing prospect.

Yeah this is actually a fantastic idea. The only issue I can think of is that there probably couldn't be a marrying / pairing system. This system to me is one of the best parts about Awakening.

Yeah this is actually a fantastic idea. The only issue I can think of is that there probably couldn't be a marrying / pairing system. This system to me is one of the best parts about Awakening.

And that sounds *EXACTLY* what happened in Radiant Dawn... don't ya think?

Pairings and marriages don't go hand in hand- Genealogy had marriages without conventional support ranks or a pairup mechanic, and the GBA FEs had support ranks without (meaningful) marriages.

This is kinda out there, but here is my theory of what happened.

{Story Start}

|

{Chapter 22/Story Split.}

|

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------|

{Presented Path} {The Future of Despair}

The events that are shown in the game. The events from the timeline Lucina comes from.

Pretty obvious right? But here's where it gets hypothetical.

I believe at some point there was a THIRD split from the story. This split includes a mixture of The Future of Despair and the Presented Path. For example, Morgan's support conversations reveal he knew his father. Therefore we can assume that the Avatar was NOT corrupted by Grima. So there were changes from the other timelines, but not drastic ones.

Let's see, a split, and another split... Oh, there's yet another over there... Hypotheticals are fine, but for the story of a published game I think I've had enough time travel and parallel universes to last for a while.

This is kinda out there, but here is my theory of what happened.

{Story Start}

|

{Chapter 22/Story Split.}

|

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------|

{Presented Path} {The Future of Despair}

The events that are shown in the game. The events from the timeline Lucina comes from.

Pretty obvious right? But here's where it gets hypothetical.

I believe at some point there was a THIRD split from the story. This split includes a mixture of The Future of Despair and the Presented Path. For example, Morgan's support conversations reveal he knew his father. Therefore we can assume that the Avatar was NOT corrupted by Grima. So there were changes from the other timelines, but not drastic ones.

In fact, it's implied that the Future of Despair universe is a different one from the one where Lucina and the other children(except Morgan) came in the game. Things were way worse for the Children in FoD since Naga got killed, while she was alive and able to send the children back in the past in Lucina's time-line. And of course, there needs to be at least 1 different timeline to account for Morgan. So the total minimum is 4 splits. I think.(Awakening is pretty screwed up because of its unrestricted time-travel)