Trying to Decide on Best Pairings in Terms of Story, But...

I feel that Noire's generic father supports sometimes conflict with Tharja's lover supports. The entire basis of Noire's supports is that Tharja curses her and when her father tries to talk Tharja about it he gets cursed instead and then he steals her cursing tools. Except wasn't it established in Tharja's lover supports that some guys, like Virion and Gregor, can't be cursed? I mean, I suppose Tharja could've gotten better at cursing and learned more about her husbands to actually be able to curse them, but if the contradiction is there, it makes my head hurt.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frederick is the kind of guy that would drive ME crazy, and not in a good way (and if I'm reading Tharja right, she'd go just as bonkers). If you're looking for justification behind Noire's treatment, then yeah. . .otherwise, I'd stay away from that pairing (if you want stupidly normal, go with Stahl).

Because he'd be all overly exacting about absolutely everything? I can see that. Question is though, would THE VAIKE really be any better as far as that goes? But then, I guess that might be why Stahl would be a better idea...but then again, who do YOU think would be good for Tharja Eclipse?

Anyways, the justification behind Noire's treatment (or at least, how I'm guessing Tharja justified it to herself) was that Tharja needed to be absolutely certain she'd be strong enough to fight off the Risen, which was also the reason why she didn't want her husband cursed rather than her daughter (otherwise, she might cause the death of her husband by weakening him before his fights with the Risen)

I feel that Noire's generic father supports sometimes conflict with Tharja's lover supports. The entire basis of Noire's supports is that Tharja curses her and when her father tries to talk Tharja about it he gets cursed instead and then he steals her cursing tools. Except wasn't it established in Tharja's lover supports that some guys, like Virion and Gregor, can't be cursed? I mean, I suppose Tharja could've gotten better at cursing and learned more about her husbands to actually be able to curse them, but if the contradiction is there, it makes my head hurt.

Eh, I just take that as a case of "some pairings make more sense than others". Get her with someone who CAN be cursed, and...PRESTO! Problem solved!

Edited by FionordeQuester

Because he'd be all overly exacting about absolutely everything? I can see that, though...would THE VAIKE really be any better as far as that goes?

At some point in Tharja's supports with Vaike, she realizes that he's not as dumb as he appears to be, and I think she's the one who's trying to propose to him in their S support.

In all honesty, I'd say someone like Lon'qu (as she shows off a non-trope side of her, which is damn refreshing), but since that's not an option. . .I'd probably go with Vaike (Freddy's better off with someone who doesn't mind having a slightly controlling husband).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Interestingly enough, Lon'Qu is another one of those guys whom she actually proposes to first, but, well, him and Lissa just seem too likely an option for each other (I mean, hey, Lon'Qu takes an arrow for Lissa just like Owaine says his dad did, AND he gets a chance to succeed where he failed so long ago, by protecting a woman from bad men).

Donnell is actually one of the best Tharja pairings. The avatar is nowhere mentioned, they seem to get along as early as their C-Support, and in the end it's Tharja who proposes to him. NoirexFather also makes sense with Donny as father. You even get a great Noire because Galeforce, so who's complaining?

(Freddy's better off with someone who doesn't mind having a slightly controlling husband).

Frederick? Controlling? I can't see him ever acting like that. In fact, I think the poor guy would be more likely to get controlled himself. Being a control freak is trying to get your partner to do whatever you want whenever you want regardless of how they feel about it. Frederick's a servant type guy, he'd do anything to take care of his wife and make her happy. He'd never refuse if she asked him to do something for her (unless said task is completely outrageous or something, of course. And even then, Frederick might still do it knowing him. lol).

Frederick's a servant type guy, he'd do anything to take care of his wife and make her happy. He'd never refuse if she asked him to do something for her (unless said task is completely outrageous or something, of course. And even then, Frederick might still do it knowing him. lol).

On the other hand, Frederick is always dragging everyone off for more training even when they don't want to, though that could just be due to him taking his job seriously...in fact, realistically, you'd probably have to do that with your soldiers. That said, I wouldn't call him controlling...but I can see why Tharja might find him irritating, given her personality as well. Dude's a little uptight.

Edited by FionordeQuester