Inception Mafia

Paperblade

Agree with looking at the more inactive players (honestly I can see why people would be suspicious of me because I didn't do much D1, but I'm trying to step up my game here). Eh, I should probably reread SB to see if I'm bothered by him because I think he had a bad case on me or because I actually think he's scum. He really should post more though because I'm still getting lurker vibes from him.

Also whenever you're done with School Things™, would like clarification on why kirsche is scum. Checking his ISO now, the following stands out for me.

-His Rein vote doesn't bother me because I agree with his reasoning, even if I don't think Rein is scum because of it

-Don't really get his scorri suspicion? Like just because Rein hasn't come up with any more opinions doesn't mean scorri couldn't have found a stronger scum read

-And that's all I got out of it, I dunno. His Day 1 was pretty lacking in content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I complained about SB's suspicion on me but then it got eaten up so the tl,dr; is he oversimplified my cases and nitpicked at the things that he could (e.g. where I said I agreed with Manix's case when that was one facet of my Shinori vote and not the whole thing, stating that the rest of my argument was about Poly buddying with Strege and how it was essentially fluff without saying why). Also he tends to lurk a lot harder as scum and he's done even less than me in this game so yeah it does bother me. Would vote/10.

I'll admit I sort of oversimplified your Shinori attack, looking back, but I still think the buddying thing is just sort of there for no reason considering some townies buddy up to their townreads a lot too. I don't tend to lurk more as scum (unless you're looking at C9++, in which the game ended up so townsided we would've lost no matter what I did), look at Semi-Precious, Toonami (even before massive spamwars iirc) and Masquerade for this. I missed a lot of D1 because honestly the Manix/Eury wars didn't motivate me to post and a lot of the time things were happening at 2am for me so I tended to miss a lot of developments. Gonna recheck your ISO and re-evaluate though, I guess.

Parents keep interrupting me so I'm gonna post this and sort things out in a different post.

Actually you are completely right on your lurker point, fsr I was influenced by Badass but you were cult in that game not Mafia and it was OC so I don't even know what I was thinking there.

wrt Refa the post I linked earlier still seems kinda short on opinions but at the same time the opinions themselves aren't bad. I don't like his disappearance after promising content but at the same time idk if he would do the empty unvote thing as scum, the reaction feels genuine enough even if the play behind it isn't that good.

Checked over kirsche and his content doesn't impress me much, his Rein vote looks super simplified when Rein gave valid reasons to distrust Manix imo (even if I don't agree with them). I'm pretty sure his scorri read is wrong (as in what it's based on, she voted Rein for a weak case not having few opinions) and his response to Furet looks like he's discrediting his own case (by saying it's Furet's meta) but then still kinda clings to it.

Checking scorri too though her other opinions just sorta disappear after she votes Objection. What do you think of your old scumreads?

Would like Via to elaborate on kirsche/j00 suspicions since a big part of my scumread on her yesterday was her lack of them.

As for Poly (along with old stuff I had on him) there's this post. The Furet and Via reads bug me because he invalidates them in a sense when he waffles on them, especially on Via for no real reason I can see. Some of the stuff he used against Eury were her tone (how is being relaxed a scumtell?) and then spots an obvious crumb and rolefishes hard because it's apparently super scummy somehow. His Prims case is also really bad, and here's why:

1. It was already said multiple times there was no way Prims had info on Via, so what else could it be but a reaction test. Anything else would've made no sense REGARDLESS of alignment.

2. This is a disagreement on the reasoning behind a townread. It doesn't make him scummy.

3. I'm not really certain on this but it reads like a really bad reaction to pretty light pressure on you, considering it wasn't like Prims was coasting at all.

4. Again, why is this scummy. Trying to push a different wagon to the main ones doesn't make a player scum.

So yeah.

##Vote: Polydeuces

sup, i'm awake but also tired as shit. i idled last night, even though based upon role flips and trend, I probably should be acting *coughiwasrightfiremeirl*

I'm, like, some weird watcher variant

Like, it sounds as if you guys all get informed of who my target is or something like that. I'm not 100% sure what the second part means, but yeah I'm pretty sure I'm a watcher/follower.

1) results, unless you think there's a good reason not to out (in which case, out if their were visits)

2) i didn't receive anything back in my role PM from last night

i have a kind of gutread on via now that objection flipped town, but that might just be because I interpreted their crumb before as vig instead of say, something else which could make sense. that was the main reason why i didn't want them lynched yesterday, soooo. i'll keep you posted on whether this changes.

now i'm off to go be a zombie, i'll be back later

so can anyone else confirm poly's role? i didn't receive anything and it's probably due to ascetic, but no one else has mentioned it so far

don't really see how ascetic is a good fakeclaim for cop, unless you think I'm both, but people are free to target me if they wanna test it

still don't like via, his content today has been weird, the prims/objection thing sounds like ate more than anything else and he votes kirsche and states a suspicion on me saying he'll clarify later, which bothers me since last phase he made a big deal about prims not explaining his vote on him in rvs. if stuff like that annoys you, why also placing votes before explaining them?

in general i don't like when people state they have ~vibes~ on someone and elaborating much later, since it leaves room for altering your reasoning or just retract the vibes completely later, which is a pretty cheap way to gain towncred, or simply not commiting to a scumread

i agree that kirsche is bad though, he showed just to say baaah sheep voting time and he hasn't posted proper reads the whole game. in the signups he did say he'd be busy until wednesday, so i'd prefer he'd do a proper post before wagoning him

also wants poly to explain his role again or someone else to confirm results

##Vote: Levity

sorry one last thing

the fact that via preemptively clarified that they didn't kill prims/objection actually does irk me, combined with the crumb (at least I think it's a crumb)

Also if Prims flips scum I'm going to become a serial killer IRL.

SK = vig, hence combined with the "my role doesn't make sense for scum" made me heavily think that was a nightvig crumb. however i'm clearly wrong given flips.

hmmmm.

sup, i'm awake but also tired as shit. i idled last night, even though based upon role flips and trend, I probably should be acting *coughiwasrightfiremeirl*

1) results, unless you think there's a good reason not to out (in which case, out if their were visits)

2) i didn't receive anything back in my role PM from last night

oh

mind explaining this, poly?

Hey, what do you people who are online now think of Grassbridger? I'd like some reasons for why you aren't voting him or why your scumread is scummier.

Also since SB reread me, I guess it's only fair that I do the same. OK, he actually has more content than I gave him credit for. Honestly, I think we agree on a lot of reads besides Via, although I'm more null on them atm. Also feels like he's pushing his cases (Poly, Via) in a way that's not scummy. Don't get why he's particularly bothered by her lack of scumreads though. If I'm reading things correctly, she had 2 main ones over the course of Day 1 (Prims, Rein) which is the same number as SB did. Although to be fair I don't think she ever really elaborated on her Rein suspicion.

but I still think the buddying thing is just sort of there for no reason considering some townies buddy up to their townreads a lot too.

I suppose that's true, but I don't see a townie buddying with someone who suspects them so early on in D1? Generally when townies buddy together, I get the feeling that it's more mutual and there's generally some reason behind it. Unless there's some role related thing I don't get, I can't really see what that reason would be.

Also agree with SB's Poly read. Honestly, the waffling bothers me less because FHPOV, they were secondary scumreads. Him complaining about Prims' case on Via is weird though because he already stated that Via was a scumread and IIRC some of the reasoning behind that was from Prims'? Already stated what else I found scummy about him and why that was.

If you're suggesting I would ate like that as scum that's a personal insult to me. Don't ever do that please.

That being said I just don't like your overall posting style this game, it feels similar to potc. Also I'm still in the middle of homewotk rn. But I would lynch here.

I have a specific reason why I'm unable to out my target last night (it does relate to my role apparently) but I can at least safely say that I did not target either of the dead players last night. I thought about targeting Prims to see if anything was fishy, but opted against it for various reasons.

I'm also on my phone now, so I can't do much else for the moment.

If you're suggesting I would ate like that as scum that's a personal insult to me. Don't ever do that please.

That being said I just don't like your overall posting style this game, it feels similar to potc. Also I'm still in the middle of homewotk rn. But I would lynch here.

dude, telling me to not say you're ate-ing is because you find it insulting is also ate-ing

saying "hey i did not killed prims or objection" has no other function than to be the result of your emotion since the statement alone doesn't work as conviction, and even if you're telling the truth it's a given that you wouldn't admit it as scum/itp

and then you say you would lynch me because of meta??

I have a specific reason why I'm unable to out my target last night (it does relate to my role apparently) but I can at least safely say that I did not target either of the dead players last night. I thought about targeting Prims to see if anything was fishy, but opted against it for various reasons.

I'm also on my phone now, so I can't do much else for the moment.

Did anyone else target your target?

okay make that two, but both of them could be faked (although one far less so then the other)

poly post: ugh. roles that prevent people from claiming things are the worst (but not as bad as silencer. silencer is fucking awful). not entirely sure whether this is BS or actual truth, cause I cbf right now checking past papergames to see his views on that shit

j00 I know you aren't familiar with my playstyle so I'm not gonna comment on tha.

Also there are other reasons I want to lynch you bu atm I'm stuck on mobile and am

yeah probably, but if you say i'm not familiar with your playstyle, why do you claim to be familiar with mine?

i'll drop this line of arguments for now because it's not leading anywhere good but if you suspect me give proper reasons other than meta

poly post: ugh. roles that prevent people from claiming things are the worst (but not as bad as silencer. silencer is fucking awful). not entirely sure whether this is BS or actual truth, cause I cbf right now checking past papergames to see his views on that shit

he thought my role was ridiculously stupid in PiG

but BBM hosted PiG so

Did anyone else target your target?

No.

Also, something else: I'm about 99% sure there's a Courier in this setup, because of the aforementioned shenanigans regarding my action last night. Otherwise I'm being fucked with role-wise.