Streetpass Lucina with Mask?

shadowofchaos

I thought it was just the shadows of the background playing tricks on me... but after some people pointed it out after a video...

I figured I'd take a look:

GLPNblK.png

Hmmm... anyone else have this happen to them?

Is it the level? (Which wouldn't make sense, considering the level already had her mask cut)

Or is it just Lucina in general?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I couldn't test with Streetpass but I just brought Lord Lucina into Aversa's Spotpass map and her counterpart does indeed wear the mask.

So I guess that's how the game always displays Lord Lucina when she is not controlled by the player. Is the model that is used in chapter 7 as an NPC also the one with the mask?

Edited by BrightBow

I'm pretty sure, so the game doesn't have to make a new model for streetpass for Lucina, uses the Masked Marth animation.

I couldn't test with Streetpass but I just brought Lord Lucina into Aversa's Spotpass map and her counterpart does indeed wear the mask.

So I guess that's how the game always displays Lord Lucina when she is not controlled by the player. Is the model that is used in chapter 7 as an NPC also the one with the mask?

This as well. Just so the game doesn't have to make multiple sprites of Lucina, it uses the default.

Ch 4 - Marth

Ch 6 - Lucina "Marth"

Player Lucina

They're all different characters, but they probably use the same Lord class. If animations are locked to the class, then it's plausible to think that they scripted it so that it displays the mask when she's an enemy (ch.4) or without the mask when she's an NPC or an Ally.

In fact, as BrightBow stated, also her enemy counterpart in Aversa's Spotpass has the mask.

At least, this is my humble hypotesis.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Sorry for that.

Anyway, I brought chapter 6 up because by that time Lucina shouldn't wear the mask since it got cut in half in the previous cutscene. So I wonder how this was handled.

Unfortunately I have no luck finding any footage where she gets involved in battle.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm going to guess that Red Lucina always has the mask and Blue/Green Lucina don't. A good way to test this would be to get a Streetpass team with Lucina on it, summon a Risen on top of them, and then fight them so the Streetpass team shows up as allies.

...I wonder if enemy Streetpass Lucinas are also unable to crit...

(note that I've never streetpassed anyone but myself and Outrealm Orders so this is entirely speculation)

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I'm going to guess that Red Lucina always has the mask and Blue/Green Lucina don't. A good way to test this would be to get a Streetpass team with Lucina on it, summon a Risen on top of them, and then fight them so the Streetpass team shows up as allies.

...I wonder if enemy Streetpass Lucinas are also unable to crit...

(note that I've never streetpassed anyone but myself and Outrealm Orders so this is entirely speculation)

You can't summon risen onto an ally filled tile. Any ally, like a streetpass or spotpass team, or a merchant.

Neither can a streetpass team appear on a Risen filled tile (this is how I was able to pick locations to fight people on by filling all the other spots with Risen).

The Risen must appear on their own.

Enemy Lord Lucina always has the mask. This doesn't apply to her if she's a Great Lord.

If you have her be a Lord on Paralogue 22, her shadow has the mask.

bOQaiNN.pngb3sAyLl.png

IZVIaSY.pngKEVVUb9.png

Confirmation.

I wonder about other unpromoted reclasses though.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The Risen can appear normally there though if you let the Streetpass team appear and wait for the next Risen spawn.

It sounded like you were going to use a Reeking Box from your phrasing.

But I guess you meant just wait for it.

It's not necessarily going to happen on the next update.

Does it do this as a Great Lord, or just her base Lord class?

It's only her Lord class.

Since she only promotes after she joins, it wouldn't make much sense for a masked Grand Lord model to exist anyway.

Edit: Ninja'd... *ouch*.

Edited by BrightBow

The game doesn't work that way though- character models are split up into two parts: head and body. The body is generic and class specific (though some classes have several different types, like Sage, and some are gender-specific, they are rarely tied to particular characters). Then there's the head which never changes (outside of Lucina's mask), which is why Donnel is still wearing his pot as a Hero. It would be easy to set masked Lucina's head on a GL model, the game simply never does it because it's far easier to program all Red Lord-Fs to have masked Lucina's head than to program all enemy Lucinas to have the mask.

The game doesn't work that way though- character models are split up into two parts: head and body. The body is generic and class specific (though some classes have several different types, like Sage, and some are gender-specific, they are rarely tied to particular characters). Then there's the head which never changes (outside of Lucina's mask), which is why Donnel is still wearing his pot as a Hero. It would be easy to set masked Lucina's head on a GL model, the game simply never does it because it's far easier to program all Red Lord-Fs to have masked Lucina's head than to program all enemy Lucinas to have the mask.

The issue: Streetpass and Para 22 Lord Lucina have the mask and Long Hair. When you fight Masked Lucina on Chapter 4, she has short hair.

... which means the mask is part of the enemy color, where as her head is separate.

So if the mask is separated from the model like that, are the Marths using the exact same model as short haired Lucina with not even the slightest modifications?

I wonder if they would display the mask too if they were renamed into Marth or Lucina but I guess it's limited to the actual Lord class.

Edited by BrightBow

So if the mask is separated from the model like that, are the Marths using the exact same model as short haired Lucina with not even the slightest modifications?

I wonder if they would display the mask too if they were renamed into Marth or Lucina but I guess it's limited to the actual Lord class.

Well, Marth uses Lodestar, which is a different class than Lord (female). [Which is why he doesn't have any masks to speak of]

Assumedly, the Mask is the enemy color for the class "Lord (female)". [instead of recoloring the model red, the mask is added- or rather, it's always there, but is set to completely transparent for NPC/Player versions of the class.]

If this is the case (which it probably is), if you were to hack the game and change say... Vaike's class to Lord (female), and then fight that, he'd likely have the mask, which'd cause a lot of clipping since the head is different. It works the way it does right now, because there's only one possible head for the Lord (female) to work with [well, two, but the difference wouldn't/doesn't affect the area with the mask], unlike other classes.

Edited by Airship Canon