Skill to pass to Nah?

I started a new game in Awakening, and now I'm trying to decide which skill I want to pass down to Nah. The father is Gregor, so I know I want it to be from one of the male-only classes, since Nah can get every other skill her mother and Gregor have to offer, but I'm not sure which male-only skill to pass on. Advice?

I forget what class set she has after that marriage, but if you decide to keep her as a Manakete, I say Armsthrift to save on money in the long term. Armsthrift Dragonstone+

I forget what class set she has after that marriage, but if you decide to keep her as a Manakete, I say Armsthrift to save on money in the long term. Armsthrift Dragonstone+

She'll get merc from Gregor anyways, so no Armsthrift. I'd say HP+5 or Counter.

If you're intent on keeping her as a Manakete, I don't know what to recommend, as Counter and Wrath are absolutely awful on them.

I would say that Nah should get Wrath since manaketes have high defense with the dragonstones. Armsthrift is good but she gets the mercenary class from Gregor so i'd go Wrath.

You DO realize that their defenses would prevent them from even getting into Wrath range easily, right...?

If you're intent on keeping her as a Manakete, I don't know what to recommend, as Counter and Wrath are absolutely awful on them.

You DO realize that their defenses would prevent them from even getting into Wrath range easily, right...?

I was basically going to say exactly this. Counter can be nice for screwing with Streetpass teams or something but that's about it; both Counter and Wrath rely on the unit taking decent damage, which Manaketes shouldn't do.

Gregor gets Merc, Myrm, and Barbarian, so no HP+5.

I'd personally pass down Despoil to aid grinding because Manaketes don't care about any of the other male-only skills (although if you wanted to make Nah a Hero instead, Axefaire and Counter are both decent options).

Isnt armsthrift kind of pointless on manaketes because you cant forge d-stone+? In a post-game situation you're basically going to be rolling in dough anyway.

I'm sure one could make far better use of that skill slot. I could see it being useful during a main-game no grind situation though. It's such a good money saver.

Edited by TrollHunter

If you're ending as manakete probably despoil just for the sake of free money while grinding, like yoshi said.

And if shes going to be a manakete thats actually going to be better than armsthrift, since all you do is buy them up at a shop, no forging or RNG regalia farming or even spotpass team summoning, she doesn't need multiple weapons (Basically she can run 4x D-stone and an elixir) so inventory space/breaking mid level isnt a concern

Edited by Tribute

Dragonstones aren't Brave and Manaketes rarely double attack so it's very rare that a mid-level break will actually hurt you.

However... While Dragonstone+'s are much cheaper than forges, they're a lot more expensive than non-forges, which are what I use outside of 100% AT or Apo (except forged Bronze for building weapon rank).

3780G per Dstone+, 35 uses. Gregor!Nah has 46 Lck, so about every other kill will give you Bullion. Can you get 8 PP kills with a 35-use weapon on a unit meant to be thrown into a mob and left to tank EP?

uh

yeah thats exactly why you can.

Unless you're doing Apo...I guess. But you wont be running despoil on Apo obviously. You should basically always be doubling in game. Plus dual strikes.

so tanking EP = raining kills

Edited by Tribute

uh

yeah thats exactly why you can.

Unless you're doing Apo...I guess. But you wont be running despoil on Apo obviously. You should basically always be doubling in game. Plus dual strikes.

so tanking EP = raining kills

Despoil does not work on enemy phase.