If you hate fanservice...say it here

You know, I've been thinking...sexual fanservice pisses the heck out of me. Even more so I hate when people praise or demand fanservice. I won't be the first to say this I'm sure, and at the risk of serious backlash, who else despises the stuff?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the anime's good and actually has a plot filled with likeable character, then yeah. I'll dislike it.

If it's just another one of those typical harem animes I'll like it, but may lose interest quickly.

I don't mind nostalgic fanservice. Sometimes it can even be great (see pokemon remakes or the presence of gen I starters in X/Y)

Edit: this post was written before anon specified which kind of fanservice he was talking about

Edited by Smogon'sWashingMachine

Oh yeah, I used to have it against FE13 until I played it. FE isn't known for being like that.

That's the one thing I will readily say I despise about the game. FE has always had a sense of dignity aside from one slightly less decently dressed character

"the large chested woman of this FE"

So to speak, which is understandable in a game with often 50+ important characters. If I hadn't gotten into FE with FE7 and 8, I likely would have skipped awakening because of this garbage.

I don't mind nostalgic fanservice. Sometimes it can even be great (see pokemon remakes or the presence of gen I starters in X/Y)

Edit: this post was written before anon specified which kind of fanservice he was talking about

Nostalgic fanservice is good if a game doesn't bank on it. I like seeing references to classics, or even jokes about them.

Boobs = Good

Butts = Good

Boobs + Butts = 2Good

You should try to like good things

I'll like what's well made and doesn't use crass garbage to attract a cheap audience.

I love me some fanservice! Oh yeah! Bring it on!

But i have a standard. When it comes to sexual fanservice, im picky. I gotta get eyefuls of both genders' fanservice. Scantily Clad Lady? Cool. But wheres---OH LOOK, GRATUITOUS SHIRTLESS SCENE FOR MAIN HERO! Fucken SCORE!!

FE13 Fanservice: LOOK AT THE PRETTY LADIES! THERES LOTS OF PRETTY LADIES AND SOME IN SUGGESTIVE COSTUMES! BUT THATS NOT ALL! LOOK AT THE PRETTY MENFOLK! HAVE SOME MANPRETTY AND ROLL AROUND IN IT!

Marvel Fanservice: WE HAVE SUPERHEROES! LOTS OF SUPERHEROES! HEY LOOK AT HOW NICE SCARLET JOHANNSON'S ASS LOOKS IN THAT SUIT! BUT THATS NOT ALL! ALL LOKI, ALL THE TIME! MUSCLE-LY MEN FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE! GWENETH PALTROW IN DAISY DUKES IS AWESOME RIGHT? LOOK AT TONY STARK IN A TIGHT FITTING BLACK SABBATH SHIRT! YEAH BABY YEAH!

That kind of stuff is fucking awesome.

As for in-jokes, fandom, and nostalgia fanservice, that shit is also gr9mazing.

But OP, i hear ya. Fanservice thats really a one-way street like boobs everywhere and no man-butt to be seen really kinda boils my beans.

I'll like what's well made and doesn't use crass garbage to attract a cheap audience.

"I enjoy drinking my grape juice from a Batman sippy cup. Unlike the rest of you plebeians who use straws I enjoy the finer things in life"

Please don't kid yourself

cough cough sherlock season 3 cough....

Explain thyself, knave.

"I enjoy drinking my grape juice from a Batman sippy cup. Unlike the rest of you plebeians who use straws I enjoy the finer things in life"

LOL!

Nothing against small amounts of it, done with taste. I mean, Mass Effect 3s extended cut was essentially fan service, but it let me tell that little ghostly AI kid to get the fuck off my planet. (YES!!!) There are times when it's too much, and it's a shame, but it hardly ruins my day.

You know, I've been thinking...fanservice pisses the heck out of me.

And yet your favourite FE is Awakening, which has loads of fanservice in it, such as being able to recruit past FE characters, references to previous titles and music from previous titles in the DLC chapters.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

That doesn't make the least bit of sense.

And yet your favourite FE is Awakening, which has loads of fanservice in it, such as being able to recruit past FE characters, references to previous titles and music from previous titles in the DLC chapters.

Yep, and it's something I greatly despise about the game which is probably while I'll switch my favorite...sometime when I remember.

That doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Yep, and it's something I greatly despise about the game which is probably while I'll switch my favorite...sometime when I remember.

So you despise fun and fandom nods?

Ok...

I can live with it. Because I'm cool like that. Or I don't really care. One of the two.

You'd have to be pretty lazy not to be able to change your favorite FE though. I mean seriously, it takes like 2 seconds.