Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Well, after having gotten it quite some time ago now, I'm finally playing through DQVIII.

Because surely it won't be another game that will take me months to finish...

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Well, after having gotten it quite some time ago now, I'm finally playing through DQVIII.

Because surely it won't be another game that will take me months to finish...

I kinda hear it's a long game... or at least it was the game that the speedrunner doing all DQ games stopped at.

So he could do Dragon Quest VII but not VIII?

HighSpirits, the streamer, had been awake for 66 hours when he stopped. He was 10 hours into DQ8 before he was starting to fall asleep on stream and having trouble sleeping.

He's determined to try and finish all 9 games in a single sitting again next year.

I kinda hear it's a long game... or at least it was the game that the speedrunner doing all DQ games stopped at.

Well, unlike something like Alpha Gaiden or TMS, this one I would have more chances to play it, since it's the Android version (I grabbed it during that free download promotion in the Amazon app, I had planned to wait for the 3DS version, but that is still a long wait and... well, this one was free, might as well. Still plan to eventually get the 3DS version, though)

HighSpirits, the streamer, had been awake for 66 hours when he stopped. He was 10 hours into DQ8 before he was starting to fall asleep on stream and having trouble sleeping.

He's determined to try and finish all 9 games in a single sitting again next year.

66 hours!?

Man, why would anyone would want to do that...

Well, unlike something like Alpha Gaiden or TMS, this one I would have more chances to play it, since it's the Android version (I grabbed it during that free download promotion in the Amazon app, I had planned to wait for the 3DS version, but that is still a long wait and... well, this one was free, might as well. Still plan to eventually get the 3DS version, though)

66 hours!?

Man, why would anyone would want to do that...

Oh, oh! Then I see. Have you started yet? Kinda wondering about the controls, even if I never played a DQ. I just am about handheld/console -> mobile games.

Speedrunning does that to a person.

Oh, oh! Then I see. Have you started yet? Kinda wondering about the controls, even if I never played a DQ. I just am about handheld/console -> mobile games.

Yep. Well, I don't find it that much troublesome with the controls on the mobile. Only problem is forgetting the camera doesn't move in an inverted sense, but other than that I'm okay with the controls.

gerome's join chapter is so insanely easier when he has galeforce

Maybe it's because I haven't played Awakening in a while, but I was under the impression it was impossible for Gerome to get Galeforce.

Maybe it's because I haven't played Awakening in a while, but I was under the impression it was impossible for Gerome to get Galeforce.

it is, but like david said i'm playing the one with the same sex patch : P

usually he gets dual support+ and thats the most he gets as far as girl-only skills... lol

Hmm, from what I've search up, alchemizing items in the Andriod version is instantanous instead of having to wait like in the PS2 version...

... and I've already found how to never worry about money ever again... LOL

Yep. Well, I don't find it that much troublesome with the controls on the mobile. Only problem is forgetting the camera doesn't move in an inverted sense, but other than that I'm okay with the controls.

Oooh, that's always god then. Huh, inverted camera huh...

Oooh, that's always god then. Huh, inverted camera huh...

Yeah, move it right in the controller and it moves left in-game. That kind of inverted controls.

But that doesn't apply here. Moving right moves it right, and vice versa.

Yeah, move it right in the controller and it moves left in-game. That kind of inverted controls.

But that doesn't apply here. Moving right moves it right, and vice versa.

I didn't think there was someone who was used to inverted controls. <_< Well, I mean obviously there are since games have that... but I think it makes sense though.