• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I wonder why people seriously and unironically ask questions like, "Why use -character- over -character?"

Like, do they not understand that people would like the other character more? Do they not understand the concept of what fun is and that it's different from person to person? Why do they have to be clown about it? I just don't get it.

To anyone who'd like to answer: give your opinions on one or more of the following Roman Emperors:

a. Claudius I
b. Vespasian
c. Domitian
d. Marcus Aurelius
e. Lucius Verus
f. Septimius Severus
g. Probus
h. Diocletian
i. Constantine I
j. Theodosius I
k. Theodosius II
l. Julius Nepos
m. Justinian I
n. Leo VI
o. Constantine XI

10 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

I wonder why people seriously and unironically ask questions like, "Why use -character- over -character?"

Like, do they not understand that people would like the other character more? Do they not understand the concept of what fun is and that it's different from person to person? Why do they have to be clown about it? I just don't get it.

people are strange, man

5 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

boop

beep

4 minutes ago, Hattusili I said:

To anyone who'd like to answer: give your opinions on one or more of the following Roman Emperors:

a. Claudius I
b. Vespasian
c. Domitian
d. Marcus Aurelius
e. Lucius Verus
f. Septimius Severus
g. Probus
h. Diocletian
i. Constantine I
j. Theodosius I
k. Theodosius II
l. Julius Nepos
m. Justinian I
n. Leo VI
o. Constantine XI

b has a cool name

14 hours ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

its a sense of progression sort of things. yes games keep core gameplay the same but for example i dont like fighting games because i feel like im just beating people up over and over.

...an interesting point, but I associate progression with completion, I'm not sure I see how gameplay itself is progressive...and I'm with you on the fighting games, at least those that focus entirely on the fist fights with kicking mixed in. And then you some times hear people talk about "deep" combat systems, which is just fancy speech for more variables for you to sink time on. Oh well; games are still fun, yes?

8 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

I'm like, one of the few people who are okay with Fates' story

I find Fates' story fine as long as I don't pay attention to it. Now I don't mean I ignore it (but I do sometimes), but rather that as long I forget how interesting the premise sounded before the game was out, then looking at the story in isolation is just like watching a bad anime, and...I've seen plenty of those; willingly. I mean I'm one of those rare few (it would seem) who didn't hate FFXIII's terrible linear gameplay.

6 hours ago, エレノアヒューム said:

@___ SEN I?!? rant pls

also the next game is even better

*t/n: sen i = tocs 1

how did tocs => sen i???

and why you rant, it's not a bad game, actually it's a nice game, I mean, just as long as you look beyond the poor graphics, stereotyped characters, silly villains, massive dialogues, overhyped combat mechanics, and harem antics. It's actually ok, I mean it.

5 hours ago, Ebony said:

i know i gush about this game too much but why is it that the first boss in bloodborne has better boss music then most final boss music i know

because they gotta hook you with everything they can; it worked, didn't it?

2 minutes ago, ___ said:

how did tocs => sen i???

and why you rant, it's not a bad game, actually it's a nice game, I mean, just as long as you look beyond the poor graphics, stereotyped characters, silly villains, massive dialogues, overhyped combat mechanics, and harem antics. It's actually ok, I mean it.

because i'm a weeb. sen no kiseki = trails of cold steel in japanese

oh, i said rant because te always goes "rant" when someone finishes a game. not saying it's a bad game or anything but just like thoughts and stuff.

1 minute ago, エレノアヒューム said:

because i'm a weeb. sen no kiseki = trails of cold steel in japanese

Noted; I suspected something like this for a while now, but it's nice to have confirmation.

And well, I think I more or less just gave my thoughts on it, at least most of the negative ones? I liked how the characters progressed and evolved over time, and I loved how the npcs had their own little stories going on the side and developing too. The combat system worked fine as well; except, those supposedly great combat links rarely meant much. The music worked great, too. The one thing I really didn't liked was how sketched some of the confrontations/issues between the party members were; it felt like poor/forced drama. Otherwise it was a pretty entertaining game in the end; I'm looking forward to the next one.

Also, your sig is adorable, and your avi is great.

3 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

e. Lucius Verus
f. Septimius Severus

these are pretty cool names

3 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

To anyone who'd like to answer: give your opinions on one or more of the following Roman Emperors

i. Constantine I
o. Constantine XI

One of these had a city name after them, so pretty impressive guy, I guess.