• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

On 10/26/2017 at 12:10 AM, LuxSpes said:

Defiant Spd could work on some Desperation builds, but at that point, just use Defiant Atk with the Brash Assault seal.
True. And there are some skills that are good on every one. Like Fury.

Heroes has =indeed done a good job with that.
I'm probably not going to get Warriors because I 1) don't have a Switch 2) have no money to spare and 3) I would have like something more than Awakening and Fates party featuring FE1 cameo, Lyn and Celica.

Well, I think Fire Boost has some merit for Arden since only some Infernal  GHB boss, melee infantry and armor have more than 60 HP, meaning that he gets to abuse it a vast majority of the time. It also activates when Arden is attacked, unlike Death Blow.

Speaking of which, it's probable I mostly skip the newest banner in favor of the Ayra one since I hope to get more Hinata, Eirika and Roy and the TT banner has 2 potential red 5* making it a pretty good banner to snipe red. If the new banner has a really good red unit or has, for some reason, a majority of red unit, I might snipe from there instead.

yeah, i agree

i would probably pick it up after they release the inevitable complete edition with all the DLC on the game already :u
and it really does look fun as a game regardless of the fateswakening sun shadowing everything else

not saying it'd be bad. just that maybe death blow might have more merit since arden looks very player phase oriented
(thatandidonthaveaspareluketokill ;w;)
but it's a good idea to slap that fire boost if you got it

man funny how this post looks now that some info actually dropped

halloween banner?
more like armor banner ft anti- mage sakura and red witch nowi

Just noticed Holloween Sakura is basically a mage-killing kagero

A flying tome user with Hone Fliers was a given, but yeah...... i think i'm going for colorless hell and red this time.

I hope motherfucking Jakob don't block me from getting her. Don't care armored units unless they're Hector. Bunch of sitting ducks.

Edited by Nobody

Got 5* Harden from the trials today. God, he's so fucking good. Also pulled 5* Amelia and Raven. However I don't find latter great so far. Raven is very squishy and slow with the braxe axe. Amelia is unfortunately a worse Arden with a super annoying voice. But I know she can knights later on.

Edited by Byakuren Hijiri

5 minutes ago, Byakuren Hijiri said:

Got 5* Harden from the trials today. God, he's so fucking good. Also pulled 5* Amelia and Raven. However I don't find latter great so far. Raven is very squishy and slow with the braxe axe. Amelia is unfortunately a worse Arden with a super annoying voice. But I know she can knights later on.

Amelia is pretty great because she has a skill that doubles the move of armored units that are adjacent to her. Pair her with Arden and you will be doing well.

Yeah, I have already heared about that skill, so I was happy when I pulled also because it was my first FE8 character.

Now I can relax a bit in Heroes and go for feathers because I still have to upgrade tons of 4* level 40 units. However I have collected only 10000 feathers in total so far. Still a long way to go...

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Just noticed Holloween Sakura is basically a mage-killing kagero

A flying tome user with Hone Fliers was a given, but yeah...... i think i'm going for colorless hell and red this time.

I hope motherfucking Jakob don't block me from getting her. Don't care armored units unless they're Hector. Bunch of sitting ducks.

Henry has Armor March though... which is part of the reason why I only sort of want him

Not really fond of themed versions of older characters

Just realized Ultra Sun and Moon are only approx. 3 weeks away

3 hours ago, Painkiller B said:

JOSHUA AND VERNON HAVE A SONG TOGETHER ON THE NEW ALBUM WTFFFFFFFFF

WHAT IF IT'S IN ENGLISH, WHAT IF IT'S A RAP SONG, JOSHUA TOOK PART IN WRITING THE LYRICS FOR THE FIRST TIME, BUT VERNON TOOK PART IN THE COMPOSITION AND HE RUINS EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES SO IT MIGHT SOUND LIKE SHIT, BUT WHAT IF IT DOESN'T,

1 hour ago, FrostyFireMage said:

Henry has Armor March though... which is part of the reason why I only sort of want him

Not really fond of themed versions of older characters

Just realized Ultra Sun and Moon are only approx. 3 weeks away

True, he’s actually pretty decent, but i don’t like him and after an entire month snipping green on the pa banner and getting nothing in return (only dancer i got was shigure, in a session there was no green to pull from lol) i’m fucking tired of it and its lack of good fodder. Colorless and red has more useful fodder and green only has barst (which i’m NOT lackig at the moment)

but idk maybe i’ll pull from it as well.

no hype whatesoever for it here. Have they even announced anything significant about it?

I should start pulling from colorless more just so I can maybe get a Klein and/or Leon

I don't get the whole "colorless hell" meme. Hone Speed/Attack/Bowbreaker/Live to Serve/Threaten Attack are all worthwhile while Virion is great when you merge a lot of him at 4*. The only terrible ones are maybe Lachesis/Lucius

oh yeah and US&UM is basically the B2/W2 of Sun and Moon

You know, I think it would be neat of we had a FE that followed something like the Mercenary-Soldier-Knight thing from Ace Combat Zero... that would be cool...

8 hours ago, Trisitei said:

yeah, i agree

i would probably pick it up after they release the inevitable complete edition with all the DLC on the game already :u
and it really does look fun as a game regardless of the fateswakening sun shadowing everything else

not saying it'd be bad. just that maybe death blow might have more merit since arden looks very player phase oriented
(thatandidonthaveaspareluketokill ;w;)
but it's a good idea to slap that fire boost if you got it

man funny how this post looks now that some info actually dropped

halloween banner?
more like armor banner ft anti- mage sakura and red witch nowi

The reviews seem pretty good, but I'll probably wait for a potential complete edition as well.

Arden definitely is amazing on player phase, but his Follow-up Ring combined with his high defense means he can be pretty good on enemy phase as well and Fire Boost works for both phase :

8f39d6220b.jpg

dat 103 physical bulk. And his HP brings his magical bulk to 77, which sounds good until you remember he has 11 speed so every mage doubles him, making all that hp worthless.

I'm probably still not gonna pull much from the Halloween banner. My orb supply is abysmally low and I know those units won't make it on my main arena team. Being limited kills their ability to drop down and rarity or to be a random pity breaker, meaning unless you're a whale or insanely lucky, you'll be stuck with low merge levels for them. Ayra is a better long term investment since she at least has a chance of spooking me when I pull from other banners.

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm probably still not gonna pull much from the Halloween banner. My orb supply is abysmally low and I know those units won't make it on my main arena team. Being limited kills their ability to drop down and rarity or to be a random pity breaker, meaning unless you're a whale or insanely lucky, you'll be stuck with low merge levels for them. Ayra is a better long term investment since she at least has a chance of spooking me when I pull from other banners.

What’s the amount of points you usually need to stay on tier 20? Next week i’ll reach it for the first time, with 4844 points and i’m working on merging my Cecilia to see if I can do it. She’s currently +2, Just waiting for more feathers.

btw, do you do Arena assault?

i figure nobody would like super gwendy

12 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

The reviews seem pretty good, but I'll probably wait for a potential complete edition as well.

Arden definitely is amazing on player phase, but his Follow-up Ring combined with his high defense means he can be pretty good on enemy phase as well and Fire Boost works for both phase :

dat 103 physical bulk. And his HP brings his magical bulk to 77, which sounds good until you remember he has 11 speed so every mage doubles him, making all that hp worthless.

yeah, i get ya

at least its enough to panic ploy...?
i would like to believe that is

yeah
well that and i would like to believe that there might be another new world banner coming along with that
since PA and the FE4 banner is ending around the same time

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

What’s the amount of points you usually need to stay on tier 20? Next week i’ll reach it for the first time, with 4844 points and i’m working on merging my Cecilia to see if I can do it. She’s currently +2, Just waiting for more feathers.

btw, do you do Arena assault?

I'm not sure, I think it was around 4850 a few months back, but CYL and the recent banners have kind of raised the bar. Now, apparently you need around 4900 points. I'm currently sitting with 5000 offense points, which ranks me at 1386/14762 in the tier, with the cut-off point currently being rank 4429.

I do, but I kind of dislike the mode, so I rarely tryhard when doing it, unlike regular Arena. 

3 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

i figure nobody would like super gwendy

yeah, i get ya

at least its enough to panic ploy...?
i would like to believe that is

yeah
well that and i would like to believe that there might be another new world banner coming along with that
since PA and the FE4 banner is ending around the same time

If you can't Panic Ploy when you have 5 more HP than the second unit with the most HP, no one can. I'll probably give him the Panic Ploy seal instead of sacrificing another Luke.

Well, hopefully they won't release a full blown banner with new characters the same week as the Halloween one, but we'll definitely get a new banner around mid November.