• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Can you even call something a spoiler if they're nothing more than an optional sidepiece to the game itself?

Seriously, the kids aren't even canon to Fates in any way whatsoever. They're just there because the Japanese are big fans of letting mainstay characters get their freak on and find "true love" in a rather contrived way. The kids have no impact on the story at all, and only serve to acquire more broken units to blaze your way more easily through the game's maps and missions. This isn't like the identity of Masked Marth being Lucina at all. It's something completely different. The only reason for the children's existence is because their parents were horny enough to conceive them, and not because they came from a horrifying future to try and do everything they could to circumvent it.

So yeah, I don't think it matters at all whether or not we talk about optional things in the game.

[spoiler=Fates, but I dunno if it's a spoiler for Fates though]I never thought I would compliment Awakening... but even Awakening did children better and that was bad.

It was bad, but it was not without purpose.

Edited by Soledai

i hope they change the story because it is a fucking trainwreck

after playing nohr though, i can safely say they did good on the gameplay

a nice amount of difficulty

from what i heard

Nohr = Gameplay and difficulty

Hoshido = Story

[spoiler=Fates, but I dunno if it's a spoiler for Fates though]I never thought I would compliment Awakening... b

desttoriny expectations

thanks fates

[spoiler=Fates]

don't forget throwing babies in the hyperbolic time chamber

Yeah, that too.

i hope they change the story because it is a fucking trainwreck

after playing nohr though, i can safely say they did good on the gameplay

a nice amount of difficulty

The way I see it, Hoshido has garbage difficulty but a "somewhat satisfying" story, Nohr has good difficulty but garbage story, and Touma has an extremely contrived story "complemented" by decent difficulty.

Decisions, decisions.

[spoiler=Fates, but I dunno if it's a spoiler for Fates though]I never thought I would compliment Awakening... but even Awakening did children better and that was bad.

It was bad, but it was not without purpose.

There's twice as many kids in Fates as there were in Awakening. I'd like to think writing quality went downhill because they decided to double up on kids.