Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

And why am I effortposting to HHH thread of all places

Does it matter? What makes this place any less qualified to have such a conversation?

Edited by Soledai

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Ah, I see. I'd agree with the position being somewhat hypocritical in most cases, but the Donetsk/Luhansk regimes are considered to be illegitimate (i.e. Russian-orchestrated) in the eyes of the west with good reason, I'd argue. Since the ongoing information war regarding the matter has been going strong for a good while now we've no way of knowing for certain, but I'd say they have relatively solid reasons for perceiving the situation as such. Admittedly I'm also inclined to believe so by my nationality, seeing as the Finnish Democratic Republic was a thing and possessed a multitude of similarities with the 'republics' now seceding from Ukraine.

Well I guess most sovereign western countries don't really want to deal with their own secessionist movements.

Scotland for UK, Catalonia for Spain, Corsica for France, Quebec for Canada...

Angra Mainyu.

First turn :

Absolute Preemptive Attack

Put Everyone to Sleep

Use an OHKO Spell.

I love the level of hopelessness Evil Gods makes you feel.

Perhaps.

You just want everything to lower their guard to then "play with us".

Tell me your true name, foul creature !

Edited by Tamanoir

You just want everything to lower their guard to then "play with us".

Tell me your true name, foul creature !

Wah

But I didn't do anything wrong ;_;

Edited by Tiny Goddess

Well I guess most sovereign western countries don't really want to deal with their own secessionist movements.

Scotland for UK, Catalonia for Spain, Corsica for France, Quebec for Canada...

Corsica as well? Ah, didn't knew of that one.

Wah

But I didn't do anything wrong ;_;

..yet.

i saw that and thought Fate for a moment

<~<

Dungeon Travelers 2.

She is the creepy child archetypeand one of the Evil Gods : Lv99 Ultimate ennemies.

When facing Angra Mainyu, your team is limited to 4 persons (instead of the usual 5), with once class required (and thecharacter I have in that class is vastly underpowered (lv 30+), while the other are level 75.)

I knew from the start I had no chance at all, but that was still pretty brutal...

Edited by Tamanoir

i'm pretty sure people who can't speak will be dumb all the time

that's why we do the thing to help them communicate in some other form

Dungeon Travelers 2.

She is the creepy child archetype and one of the Evil Gods : Lv99 Ultimate ennemies.

When facing Angra Mainyu, your team is limited to 4 persons (instead of the usual 5), with once class required (and thecharacter I have in that class is vastly underpowered (lv 30+), while the other are level 75.)

I knew from the start I had no chance at all, but that was still pretty brutal...

ouch

Edited by Trisitei

Dungeon Travelers 2.

She is the creepy child archetypeand one of the Evil Gods : Lv99 Ultimate ennemies.

Dang.

Ah, I see. I'd agree with the position being somewhat hypocritical in most cases, but the Donetsk/Luhansk regimes are considered to be illegitimate (i.e. Russian-orchestrated) in the eyes of the west with good reason, I'd argue. Since the ongoing information war regarding the matter has been going strong for a good while now we've no way of knowing for certain, but I'd say they have relatively solid reasons for perceiving the situation as such. Admittedly I'm also inclined to believe so by my nationality, seeing as the Finnish Democratic Republic was a thing and possessed a multitude of similarities with the 'republics' now seceding from Ukraine.

I'm of the opinion that Crimea does indeed belong to Russia (and that had Khrushchev had the small amount of foresight necessary to see what future effects his 'gesture' of transferring Crimea to the Ukraine could have, that part of the conflict might have never come to pass), but the way the peninsula was forcefully annexed to Russia as a response to the Euromaidan Revolution and how the the conflict spread to Eastern Ukraine not long thereafter, certainly doesn't paint a good picture of the authenticity of the Donetsk/Luhansk regimes.

And why am I effortposting to HHH thread of all places

just sparkles will do

Like I said, it was a purely juridical perspective. I am not a proponent of either the People's Republic of Donetsk or the People's Republic of Luhansk. I also have my doubts about the legitimacy of those governments, but to be fair, I have my doubts about the legitimacy of the Ukrainian government too (say what you will about Yanukovych, but he was the legitimate president of Ukraine, who was ousted in a coup, which led to this whole situation in the first place). I'm concerned about the role Russia plays in all of this though. But I think that the approach the West is taking isn't doing much good either; "bwuhuh, Ukraine is good, Russia evil" is only making the rift between Russia and the West greater. That said, I can't think of any approach that would be completely satisfying.

I'm of a likeminded opinion regarding Crimea. Whatever Crimea belongs to historically-culturally (which goes in favor of Russia more than Ukraine), Russia's annexation of the peninsula was a breach of international law and Ukraine's sovereignty. I don't think we should put all the blame for the spreading of the conflict to eastern Ukraine on Russia's doing though. Keep in mind that there is a great cultural difference between ethnically Ukrainian, pro-European, nationalist western Ukraine and ethnically Russian, pro-Russian, regionalist eastern Ukraine. To eastern Ukraine, Yanukovych was "their" president; seeing him get ousted and Kiev overrun by pro-European nationalists must naturally have made a lot of people there felt threatened. Russia just added a little more fuel to the fire.

It's okay. We all make that mistake sometimes. I actually wrote a paper about the history and development of Russian-Ukrainian relations, going all the way back to the early Middle Ages, before the founding of Ruthenia. Ukraine and Russia have a very complicated relationship, something which tends to be misunderstood greatly by Western politicians who see the whole situation as a power grab by Russia.

(ノᐛ )ノ*:・゚✧

Here you go, sir.

Does it matter? What makes this place any less qualified to have such a conversation?

...LOL.

omg

i think i can see what makaze was talking about the other day

Hmm?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wow refa

TBH, the only reason I know this definition because I read a book about a goose that couldn't speak and his dad called him dumb and he misinterpreted what that meant and felt really bad also it might not have been a goose. Why is my text in purple, that's weird.