Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Tactics Ogre and FFT are similar because they were both helmed by Yasumi Matsuno and have Sakimoto and Iwata* on the soundtrack.

#TheMoreYouKnow

*no, not the late Iwata

Edited by Nightmare

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Did someone say FFT? It's in the same genre of game as Tactics Ogre but is otherwise as similar to TO as FE4 is to FE13.

EDIT Still really good, though.

Edited by Refa

Hello, dear people, I want to tell you all about the irony of Sigurd in FE4 vs Sigurd in Nibelung saga.

Nibelung saga is the original story in which he's the one who gets his mind screwed with to fall in love with another person, not the person he was already promised to. And then person he was originally in love with, Brynhild ends up dying a painful, fiery death on his funeral pyre. Deirdre suffers a very violent death by having her head dashed on a rock, and the person she fell in love with was Naiose or to say in more familiar terms, Noish, and she was married to Finn. Sigurd also gets killed by his own son. :C

Now some of you may already know this, but Eliwood's sword name, Durandal comes from the epic poem, Song of Roland. What you may not know is that is that it was very gorey and full of Islamophobia.

All of this courtesy of the great baka-hime C:

Hello, dear people, I want to tell you all about the irony of Sigurd in FE4 vs Sigurd in Nibelung saga.

Nibelung saga is the original story in which he's the one who gets his mind screwed with to fall in love with another person, not the person he was already promised to. And then person he was originally in love with, Brynhild ends up dying a painful, fiery death on his funeral pyre. Deirdre suffers a very violent death by having her head dashed on a rock, and the person she fell in love with was Naiose or to say in more familiar terms, Noish, and she was married to Finn. Sigurd also gets killed by his own son. :C

Now some of you may already know this, but Eliwood's sword name, Durandal comes from the epic poem, Song of Roland. What you may not know is that is that it was very gorey and full of Islamophobia.

All of this courtesy of the great baka-hime C:

Some extra tidbits i know off the top of my head:

Aideen and Midir are lovers in their legend. but don't let that canon get in the way of your ship

Ethlyn (ethniu) is Cu Chulain or Quan's mommy. the father is Lugh

Briggid could either refer to a celtic goddess OR a Christian saint

And Beowulf's always trying to get his grubby hands on gold : o

... i love mythology so much : o

Edited by Elyn baka

Nah, never played FFT.

I have also heard it was similar, so if it's anything like this, yeah it should be fun enough.

Go ahead and play it instead of playing fe7 for the 18362891863th time.

Oh, and they're both square enix games, so that's a thing.

too late

just beat battle before dawn

I never understood why people considered it hard. I just beat it on the first try and It's HHM. It never gives me trouble.

Okay, I've beaten this game a billion times on HHM, but still. Cog of Destiny is still hard.

Edited by Nobody

Who'd fall in love with Noish when they're already married to Finn?

Noish is better looking than Finn, so who knows

Did someone say FFT? It's in the same genre of game as Tactics Ogre but is otherwise as similar to TO as FE4 is to FE13.

EDIT Still really good, though.

which one do you find better?
Edited by Nobody

I'd be able to get into Tactics Ogre, if it played like Ogre Battle, but the fact that they changed the game style so utterly from what I loved about Battle just irks me so much that I can't really play Tactics Ogre without a bitter taste in my mouth.

I like FFT though, I'd probably like TO alot if I didn't want more Ogre Battle instead.

i thought that was supposed to be emotional

Rare weapon runs make you wish there was a dedicated "skip speech" button

barely missed Mitsuhides for the 7th time because Ranmaru wanted to speak >___>

Edited by Trisitei