• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Nah, nothing other than getting more serious about The King of Fighters series.

And managing the stressful payment that was coming up soon ^^;

I hope the Samurai Jack reboot isn't as atrocious as other reboots this year

At least the Jack one has the original creator at its helm... Unlike the Powerpuff Girls...

do you guys, like, name the personalities/voices in your mind

No, I don't have those.

NOT WITHOUT ME IT WON'T HAHA

Is that a challenge?

Encouraged imo, partly because being original is kind of impossible, and partly because originality isn't necessarily a great thing. Other qualities far outweigh it! At least, that's how I think about it. That's also why I get kinda annoyed when people criticise something for not being "original" because that's kinda meaningless. So I guess in a sense, it's good to be original, but it's not bad to be derivative...or something like that.

Verilly. =(

I agree with this. The degree of originality of a certain thing is no degree of this certain thing's quality. Originality may add to quality if there's particularly much of it (as in "Wow, I've never seen this before!" or "I could never have thought of that!") or it may detract from quality if there's particularly little of it (as in: "This is basically the same thing with some minor aesthetics changed" or "This is a cheap rip-off of [...]), but those are exceptions.

Although, come to think of it... Doesn't originality still play a part? I'll take the book Warenar from the Dutch writers P.C. Hooft and Samuel Coster as an example. It's very obviously based on Aulularia from the Roman writer Plautus. It's basically the same story, with details changed and new things added: it now takes place in the modern Netherlands, so naturally many details are different while conveying the same story. But why do people like Warenar? Is it because it retells Plautus' Aulularia? Well, no; if it had been just that, we would have called it a rip-off. The reason people like it is because it's different from the original due to all the changes in details. And isn't that a form of originality?

TBH I've been thinking about video games all this time too (like above, haha), so that's okay too! It makes sense because it's the primary medium of entertainment we consume, I think.

Oops, I was thinking about the Medieval and Renaissance conception of translatio, imitatio, aemulatio, haha.

Edited by Hattusili I

i only got my yearbook at lunch today and i had two classes worth of friends to sign it and i still have six more but i've already run out of room on all three autograph pages

at the end of the senior pages there is a secret autograph page wink

What does hell feel like?

No here's a better question.

What exactly is that name you decided to use for me?

If you're mad for some reason, you also must have something to say, let's hear it.

Do you even have sheep? Why do you want a shepherd...

Everyone's a sheep, so we need shepherds.

Edited by Soledai

Despite his impressive voice, he's a nimble debater, and can be highly honest. Just like the republicans he's stumping, the Donald has two curved, hollow fangs which project paralyzing speeches and retorts. This businessman is a predator.