• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I didn't mind it since I had nothing wrong with the upgrade of it, but I know some people lost a bunch of their files by facing the blue screen of death

It's not a bad update, but if you want to do it, remember to back all of your files up somewhere so you don't lose anything

yes, I already backed up my files. Apparently today is the last day the free upgrade is available, so I'm seriously thinking of going a long with (I'm not a fan of the tablet-like interface), but I held out until now because not sure if certain programs will be compatible with W10.

i upgraded from windows to linux, it was really good

which linux version? Ubuntu? I hear about it, but not really experienced with it.

Any one upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10? was the change any good?

idk about win7

But I upgraded to it when I was stuck with win8

Everything is just better about it

Only downside is u can't finish reading this one VN because something messed up

yes, I already backed up my files. Apparently today is the last day the free upgrade is available, so I'm seriously thinking of going a long with (I'm not a fan of the tablet-like interface), but I held out until now because not sure if certain programs will be compatible with W10.

for the most part, a lot of the major programs are compatible with W10 since a large percentage of people switched over to that

a nice thing about it is the fact you can convert back to W7 if you don't like what you have atm. fair warning though, if you somehow do some sort of factory reset on your software you won't be able to switch it back and keep W10 forever for all eternity

Kitty :v

B:

Honestly, about this whole Win 7 and 10 thing, I'd only really suggest making the jump to 10 if you have 8

Basically it's like: 7 > 10 > 8; I personally say if you're comfortable with Win 7, stay with it.

If you've ever noticed that when you're building a PC or looking at specs, Win 7 is always the most expensive OS, there's a reason for that.

Edited by Soledai

Any one upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10? was the change any good?

there is actually no reason to upgrade and if it keeps bugging you just knock off a few updates, updates are useless

I upgraded to 10 and then downgraded back to 7 when I bought my new PC.

No huge difference to be honest. There's a lot of background shit people don't like but nothing that really interrupts basic use.

7's interface is so much better imo, but that's like preference. I don't like the grid shit.

which linux version? Ubuntu? I hear about it, but not really experienced with it.

I think at this point backwards compatibility shouldn't much of a issue

I think they provide some way to downgrade, not sure exactly how that works, you could look into that

i've experimented with a few variations since i started using it, actually my preference for them would probably be xubuntu > kubuntu > mint cinnamon > lubuntu

ubuntu is probably the most popular one, some of my college's computers have it so i messed a bit with it but i'm not much a fan of the general interface

for the most part, a lot of the major programs are compatible with W10 since a large percentage of people switched over to that

a nice thing about it is the fact you can convert back to W7 if you don't like what you have atm. fair warning though, if you somehow do some sort of factory reset on your software you won't be able to switch it back and keep W10 forever for all eternity

B:

Thanks! It's good to know the option to go back exists.

Honestly, about this whole Win 7 and 10 thing, I'd only really suggest making the jump to 10 if you have 8

Basically it's like: 7 > 10 > 8; I personally say if you're comfortable with Win 7, stay with it.

If you've ever noticed that when you're building a PC or looking at specs, Win 7 is always the most expensive OS, there's a reason for that.

yeah that's basically my thoughts on the matter too. I'm comfortable with 7, 10 does nothing to charm me or win me over.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and input!

I'm thinking of switching from Ubuntu to a different distro soon because apparently whatever version of gstreamer Ubuntu uses causes issues with Wine MPEG playback or something. Though I have no idea which one might be better for that kind of thing.

Edited by shinpichu

When you're so salty you fall asleep.

I call it the "salt coma".

My oh my, what happened?

yeah that's basically my thoughts on the matter too. I'm comfortable with 7, 10 does nothing to charm me or win me over.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and input!

Null sweat, don't mention it