• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

to be honest i'm going to be amused by the results of the US election either way - either you get to see a bunch of conservatives butthurt about hillary winning, proclaiming the worst of imaginary outcomes will happen, or if trump wins i get to see the trump supporters crumble as the sense of his incompetence becomes apparent, because you know if hillary wins they will be the first to say that the election is rigged and I kinda want them to see just how bad their choice is, because you know they never will otherwise. it'll be fun until it inevitably affects my own country and you may as well have fun till the shithouse burns down.

This is pretty much exactly how I think about it.

both candidates are just as bad and apparently voting third party isn't as great as you think because i doubt they'd be able to win the election because this WONDERFUL country is a two-party system \o/

we're fucked

You should vote for whomever you think would make the best president, not just choose one out of two.

If everyone keeps thinking like this, the US will stay a two-party system forever.

CmsdP2sVUAAnwv_.jpg

LOL.

i heard the uk has SHIT food

Food was actually quite good when I was there.

me:

a39fd63539.png

Calm down, Mei, you're being too aggressive!

I've been to both america and the uk and america was like 10 times better tbh

I didn't really bother because I was on my phone yesterday but it was more about objective differences more than your own personal experience. You being able to have a good tourist experience (paying less, for one) does not mean anything. like fire emblem

There are far less homicides, far less incarcerations (the US has the most of any country), less crime, more effective education, more humane treatment of people through healthcare and benefits, better health (though we have our own problems), better infrastructure, far less emphasis on defense spending, politicians are less often motivated by religion and many other things.

There are a few things that I do envy such as the idea of the First Ammendment, but not many. Unfortunately, the government can jail you in Europe for what they consider hate speech.

The UK is not a particularly exceptional country by any means and I do call out the shittier parts, but America has not been exceptional for some time and the notion that people walk around with 'number 1 country' in their head is laughable.

Edited by Tryhard