• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Alright, time to start with Stage 23.

Judging from the distance, Jamil especulates the beam is landing in Zonder Epta, an island in the middle of the ocean. (Fun little fact: in GX canon, it's in the Pacific Ocean, however, Alpha Gaiden places it to the east of North Ameria, so it is now in what used to be the Atlantic Ocean.) It is manned by the Innocent, so despite Elche's concerns of coming into another conflict with them, and Tetsuya wanting to focus instead on the Dinosaur Empire, off the group now goes there. And thus, after some preparations, (and a hilarious little scene where the game actually gave Fatman a full set of portraits of him posing and flexing his muscles to use when asked to move some large crates), the crew gets on their way.

In the Rec Room, Bowie is telling a story he heard back in North Ameria. Supposedly, the seas nearby are said to be haunted with ghosts. The area is called the Sea of Lorelei, and this Lorelei is essentially a siren, luring sailors to their death with her charm. Clearly, this is foreshadowing to the stage and not simply worldbuilding. Clearly.

On Zonder Epta, surprise surprise, they've detected the approach of the three ships, and do plan to intercept them. Just then, the Frost Brothers show up, also offering to help. They explain that not everyone in the Moon Race want to return to Earth, so as such, they and the Innocent could work just fine together.

After arriving, the heroes do find a GX among the enemies, though sporting two cannons, rather than one. Just then, the Frost Brothers activate the base's trump card, the L-System. Turns out, this is the "Lorelei" of the legend. Disrupting EM waves with the aftereffect of sounding like a woman's wail, said system using an actual person, no less. Tifa is determined to save this person, so using her Newtype powers, is capable of actually dragging the mind of said victim into her body.

Said person is Lucille, someone Jamil knew long ago and thought dead. Indeed, she is kinda mostly dead, but what's left of her is being used to power the L-System. She implores them to destroy the L-System, even if it means her definite death as well. She'll leave Tifa's body to return to the L-System to disable it momentarily for this to work. So the now plan is to destroy the L-System, and destroy or disable that other GX, or Double X due to the double cannons.

And thus, stage 23 starts.

So, the objective for now is to move Jamil (who has switched to the GX, the Freeden can't even move) next to the GX within five turns. There's another step for a future secret to do here. Which is to actually wait until the last turn to move Jamil. Simple enough, considering now I have to bide my time.

The enemies are the Frost Brothers, but now we have more familiar faces as they're Zamels, Tauruses, and Serpents, all AI-controlled (not sure if Mobile Dolls or not). Well, except for the Brothers and the Zamels, easy enemies to destroy. In fact, the Zamels are all positioned around the GX. Heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I WENT TO A PLACE WITH MY FRIENDS. WE SAW A CUTE CRESCENT MOON NECKLACE IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR FOR A LONG TIME BECUASE I AM TRASH FOR LUNA (BUY FREE SOMEBODY ON ITUNES). I BOUGHT IT AND THE BAG IT CAME IN WAS YELLOW WITH RED LETTERS JUST LIKE HER DEBUT ALBUM. I AM VERY HAPPY. WHEN I EVENTUALLY WEAR THE NECKLACE IT IS GOING TO FEEL LIKE LUNA IS WITH ME AND IT WILL BE GREAT. I JUST LOVE LUNA SO MUCH GUYS I AM SO SORRY

the other night i had a dream that i went to a fanmeet and met luna and cried and then she hugged me and sang the "i hope that you will never have to know the taste of bitter coffee, pretty girl" line from i wish it was amazing and wonderful

Nah, if it was an OG game would I be mentioned stuff from non-OG things? XD

I'm playing Alpha Gaiden. Didn't saw the Alpha in my avi?

Still working on that one, huh?

Speaking of Moon Dwellers, there's this:

awwww yeah

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Ah, sneaky game. The Zamels always Defend when attacked, and on their turn they prioritize not being attacked, due to the long range of their cannon.

Still working on that one, huh?

Yeah, it takes me a while. Not every day I have the chance to use my PS3.

Shame that the original version of All Correct is better(actually, I don't even remember), but details.

Also amusingly, there's a trophy you get for letting Lamia pilot the Gespenst Phantom

Edited by Soledai

I would think it's a nod to the fact the Shadow Mirrors used Gespensts?

In SRW A. I don't remember right now what they used in OG.

Alright, all Serpents gone. I think I'll rout except for the Frost Brothers, then move Jamil next to the DX in Turn 5.

Edited by Acacia Sgt