• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

That feeling when you're depressed, but you don't know why, but you think it's for a stupid reason, and you want to talk to someone about it, but it's too stupid to talk about.

That feeling when you're depressed, but you don't know why, but you think it's for a stupid reason, and you want to talk to someone about it, but it's too stupid to talk about.

dw, i get moments of pure anger for no reason

dw, i get moments of pure anger for no reason

I seldom get truly angry. Just melancholy most of the time. I find myself yearning for my lost youth, lately.

So, can I look at it as a sense of longing?

Maybe, I'm 30 now, and I feel like I never had a chance to enjoy young adulthood. I've worked near or full time jobs while going to school full time, since I was 16. I moved out on my own at 19, right after high school. I had to work, since I couldn't depend on my parents for anything. I'm finally starting to get my life where I want to be, but I'm no longer young. I've always wanted a family, but there's a limited window for that, so I couldn't really wait to start having kids, lest I be too old. I feel like I never had a chance to be a carefree youth.

Then there's other even more stupid things. My general body dysphoria, that I try not to think about, but is this persistent nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

Maybe, I'm 30 now, and I feel like I never had a chance to enjoy young adulthood. I've worked near or full time jobs while going to school full time, since I was 16. I moved out on my own at 19, right after high school. I had to work, since I couldn't depend on my parents for anything. I'm finally starting to get my life where I want to be, but I'm no longer young. I've always wanted a family, but there's a limited window for that, so I couldn't really wait to start having kids, lest I be too old. I feel like I never had a chance to be a carefree youth.

Then there's other even more stupid things. My general body dysphoria, that I try not to think about, but is this persistent nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

It might be splitting hairs here, but 30 is still young. Also, how old do you consider too old for having kids? ...Besides being obviously old. Also, while I don't worry about my age, I understand this even if I have little to say.

I could hazard a guess, but causes this body dysphoria?

It might be splitting hairs here, but 30 is still young. Also, how old do you consider too old for having kids? ...Besides being obviously old. Also, while I don't worry about my age, I understand this even if I have little to say.

I could hazard a guess, but causes this body dysphoria?

To the first, about 35.

Second, it's hard to say for sure. My OCD has always played a role, but it was a bit different then, as there were certain aspects of my body that bothered me, but I came to accept my body as it was, and I thought I was over that.

It might be a bit of baby blues exacerbating everything, but my metabolism slowing down hasn't helped. My hair's been falling out a bit lately, too. I know it sounds stupid to be insecure. This is the body that science has given me. I had it looking a bit decent, but now it's showing its age. It's kind of a complicated emotion to put in words, but thanks for your concern. It's nice to talk about it, nonetheless.