• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Maybe the PS3 wasn't viable anymore?  Not sure when it was released, honestly.  Could just be Namco being fuckups yet again.

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

Maybe the PS3 wasn't viable anymore?  Not sure when it was released, honestly.  Could just be Namco being fuckups yet again.

It was released on PS3 in Japan just a few months ago.

22 minutes ago, Refa said:

That's probably it, then.  Well, not viable in the US anyways.

A few months shouldn't make a difference.

21 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Sony want you to get a ps4 and bamco wants to please sony

Jokes on them, I can't afford one right now.

3 hours ago, Shears said:

Just Symphonia and some of Vesperia. I'm pretty green to the series I guess, but those were both fun

Which consoles do you own?

If you own a PS3 you could play Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, Zestiria and the JP version of Berseria.

Honestly I'd recommend Berseria first, because this is probably the easiest game of them.

• The difficulty is really low if you play on normal.
  • The game directly tells you where to go next, so you won't stuck that often.
  • The battle system isn't complicated. You'll understand it pretty fast.
  • There aren't all that many challenging puzzles.

• Xillia 2 is my favorite game of this series. You could start it before 1 because there's no real story connection between these two. Still related, but not that much. It features also a few different game elements like economic simulation. You have to gain money during the entire game by fulfilling sidequests or beating monsters.
  • Zestiria is the emptiest part for me referring to the dungeons and overworld. There almost no monsters in this game but actually it doesn't matter because grinding is pointless. You gain like no exp. by from generic battles. Only the bosses and elite monster give you exp. You can easily speedrun this game by using spirit bottles through the entire game since they last till you rest. Some puzzles are quite nice, but that's it. I don't like it very much. It's also hard to play because of the ego-camera-angle.
  • Xillia 1 is quite nice too but I still prefer the character design of 2. It was the hardest game of this series for me yet.
  • Graces is a beginnerfriendly game too although the story isn't really great for the most part.

Ah... just do your best, okay, dear?
I believe in you, you can do well!

Got to the second beach town in Berseria. I feel like I'm a bit underlevelled, I'm unsure, though.

Good luck on the exam! Thanks for your thoughtful response :) I don't own a PS3 unfortunately, but I see that I've missed out on a lot of Tales games... I'll have to figure something out so I can play some. I've always liked the combat and the characters.