Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

7 minutes ago, Hitori said:

lux ur rly cool, this is gonna be out of nowhere but i have been thinkin about it for a rly long time and i gotta say it now, like wow you're so nice and patient even w the very obnoxious me and you're so calm all the time and i don't think i've ever seen you scream and maybe that's not super amazing but since im kim and im constantly on an emotional high im very in awe at it and i wish i could be as levelheaded as you. also i just said this but ur so nice that it makes me kinda sad because i don't think the world will ever give u anything nearly as good as wat u deserve and also i really hope you know what a good person you are because once i cried while thinking about my friend because i knew that he is totally unaware of how amazing he is, don't make me cry lux don't sell urself short because ur cool and funny and good and WOW did i mention calm because it is like the thing i admire most about u holy hecks

I'm kind of unsure how to respond to this without sounding overly humble, dramatic or boastful. I don't know if I'll manage, but I'll try.

I wish to thank you for your kind words. I often see my flaws much more clearly than my strengths, which I'm pretty sure is something most people struggle with, which may be why your friend is unaware of how amazing he is or why you called yourself obnoxious right here.

I don't feel like you are obnoxious Kim, if anything I really appreciate your enthusiasm and how willing you are to share it since I often keep my own enthusiasm in check out of fear of annoying others. You're one of the person that made me feel confident and welcomed enough to garner the courage to post in this thread in the first place because of that enthusiasm and the friendliness you displayed. You are also very caring, as seen by you taking the time to write this post and by the "appreciation nights" I remember seeing you eagerly encourage and participate in on Skype. So don't sell yourself too short either.

And instead of listening to that critical inner voice and that would want to downplay your words, I'll instead thank you again for sharing them with me.

(I can't help but think of that chapter of Fruits Basket where Tohru compares people to rice balls, with the plum on their back representing their qualities. If I go with Tohru's analogy, your post gave a chance to little rice ball Lux to catch a glimpse of his plum. Hopefully this isn't too obscure or weird a reference >x>)

7 minutes ago, Hitori said:

also ur a nerd

I am a nerd indeed. I think I proved it again with that Fruits Basket reference  '>v>

(and I hope I didn't make you too nervous by taking so long to reply. I know I often feel extremely nervous when I post something I feel was random or out of nowhere and I feel like I made a mistake by posting it when the other person doesn't reply swiftly. I hate experiencing those feelings so I hope I didn't I cause you to feel them by taking so long to reply and I apologize if I did. I just had to gather my thoughts and figure out how to communicate them as best as I can. Communicating is hard.)

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

14 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

kim ur such a person i enjoy

ty i enjoy and appreciate u too xoxo

13 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm kind of unsure how to respond to this without sounding overly humble, dramatic or boastful. I don't know if I'll manage, but I'll try.

I wish to thank you for your kind words. I often see my flaws much more clearly than my strengths, which I'm pretty sure is something most people struggle with, which may be why your friend is unaware of how amazing he is or why you called yourself obnoxious right here.

I don't feel like you are obnoxious Kim, if anything I really appreciate your enthusiasm and how willing you are to share it since I often keep my own enthusiasm in check out of fear of annoying others. You're one of the person that made me feel confident and welcomed enough to garner the courage to post in this thread in the first place because of that enthusiasm and the friendliness you displayed. You are also very caring, as seen by you taking the time to write this post and by the "appreciation nights" I remember seeing you eagerly encourage and participate in on Skype. So don't sell yourself too short either.

And instead of listening to that critical inner voice and that would want to downplay your words, I'll instead thank you again for sharing them with me.

(I can't help but think of that chapter of Fruits Basket where Tohru compares people to rice balls, with the plum on their back representing their qualities. If I go with Tohru's analogy, your post gave a chance to little rice ball Lux to catch a glimpse of his plum. Hopefully this isn't too obscure or weird a reference >x>)

I am a nerd indeed. I think I proved it again with that Fruits Basket reference  '>v>

(and I hope I didn't make you too nervous by taking so long to reply. I know I often feel extremely nervous when I post something I feel was random or out of nowhere and I feel like I made a mistake by posting it when the other person doesn't reply swiftly. I hate experiencing those feelings so I hope I didn't I cause you to feel them by taking so long to reply and I apologize if I did. I just had to gather my thoughts and figure out how to communicate them as best as I can. Communicating is hard.)

aw man i am very glad that i can remind you of your strengths (and that u reminded me of mine too...)!! i had forgotten that that was how we met lmao, wow i sure am glad that happened. normally im not very good at being HEY at strangers but it sounds like it was a good thing for both of us =)

(I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AHH THAT LITTLE SCENE CHANGED 11-YEAR-OLD-ME'S LIFE AND IT STILL AFFECTS ME TO THIS DAY)

(ALSO IT'S OKAY, I WORRIED ABOUT IT FOR A WHILE BUT I WENT TO SLEEP REALLY SOON AFTER I POSTED THAT ANYWAY SO IT WAS OKAY. MORE THAN ANYTHING, I APPRECIATE THAT YOU TOOK THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT A SINCERE REPLY. IM WHEW THAT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THAT THOUGH)

10 hours ago, Claudius I said:

I would also like to take a moment to appreciate Lux; but I don't have anything to add to what Kim said.

yes thx hatt i appreciate u too and also everyone, i love people

man my music tastes have been so awkward over the past few months, it used to be that when people asked me what kind of music i liked i'd say "kinda everything" (kpop) or "you wouldn't have heard of it" (utaite) but now when someone asks me that i have to contemplate my inner conscious for several seconds before mustering up a "it's complicated" which is a dumb af answer but u kno it is the only thing i feel would be accurate. im stressed

10 minutes ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

im gayme

nice one

1 minute ago, sylveonzoroark said:

oh god i just wanted to listen to an english vocaloid and instead i get a song about some fucked up serial killer irl

man i know that feeling

cons of vocaloid: - songs can be literally about anything, including fucked up serial killers

15 hours ago, Claudius I said:

I would also like to take a moment to appreciate Lux; but I don't have anything to add to what Kim said.

i appreciate lux too

41 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

oh god i just wanted to listen to an english vocaloid and instead i get a song about some fucked up serial killer irl

arent there some fucked up vocaloid songs?
probably not to that level but..

there's a horror-esque vocaloid song called kagome kagome and it's about a bunch of children at an orphanage who were experimented on during ww2 to find the secret to immortality and during the experiments researchers would play a children's game called circle you circle you with the orphans where everyone moves around in a circle around one person who has their eyes closed and then they have to guess who's in front of them and if they guess wrong the researchers would cut one of their limbs off. they finally did discover immortality but only for the children and apparently if u go to that orphanage then they will try to play that game with u so that u join them. it's fucked up

i listened to it over five years ago and it still haunts me lol

Edited by Hitori
stan hitori

15 minutes ago, Hitori said:

there's a horror-esque vocaloid song called kagome kagome and it's about a bunch of children at an orphanage who were experimented on during ww2 to find the secret to immortality and during the experiments researchers would play a children's game called circle you circle you with the orphans where everyone moves around in a circle around one person who has their eyes closed and then they have to guess who's in front of them and if they guess wrong the researchers would cut one of their limbs off. they finally did discover immortality but only for the children and apparently if u go to that orphanage then they will try to play that game with u so that u join them. it's fucked up

oh god i just listened to that one

honestly my description doesn't do it justice, the chorus still lingers in my head and it's the creepiest shit ever

not to mention the pv

Edited by Hitori
stan hitori

33 minutes ago, Hitori said:

This is a Vocaloid song

well....
i did kind of ask for it.........

>.>

33 minutes ago, Hitori said:

This is a Vocaloid song

well....
i did kind of ask for it.........

>.>

16 hours ago, Claudius I said:

40 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

i appreciate lux too

Wow. Thank you both. 

I appreciate you two as well.

5 hours ago, Hitori said:

aw man i am very glad that i can remind you of your strengths (and that u reminded me of mine too...)!! i had forgotten that that was how we met lmao, wow i sure am glad that happened. normally im not very good at being HEY at strangers but it sounds like it was a good thing for both of us =)

(I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AHH THAT LITTLE SCENE CHANGED 11-YEAR-OLD-ME'S LIFE AND IT STILL AFFECTS ME TO THIS DAY)

(ALSO IT'S OKAY, I WORRIED ABOUT IT FOR A WHILE BUT I WENT TO SLEEP REALLY SOON AFTER I POSTED THAT ANYWAY SO IT WAS OKAY. MORE THAN ANYTHING, I APPRECIATE THAT YOU TOOK THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT A SINCERE REPLY. IM WHEW THAT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THAT THOUGH)

yes thx hatt i appreciate u too and also everyone, i love people

I'm happy that I was able to remind you of your strengths too. And I'm glad it happened as well. And it's kind of funny to read that considering I remember you being the most enthusiastic about greeting lurkers.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who was affected by that scene, though I was probably a small bit older when I first read it (considering my version of the manga was printed in 2006 I was at least 14, which would make sense since it was around that time that I got exposed to manga for the first time.) It's a bit silly in it's presentation, but it helps to get the message across and I feel like it's an important one. But Fruits Basket is great. It's probably the manga series I re-read the most alongside Skip Beat... which is why I own all the released volumes of both series >v>

Good to know I didn't make you feel nervous by taking too long to reply. And it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.