• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

16 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I personally went with Rex, Nia and #4, which went pretty well. I used the same set-up for the post game and against the super bosses. Nia and #4 have break on their main blade, which coupled with Roc and Zenobia on Rex meant I could Driver Combo pretty much all day long, which was useful for farming rare accessories and Legendary Cores. I also had Nim and Kora on Nia and Perceval and Theory on #4 which allowed me to create every single elementary orb, so I just used 8 orbs elemental burst when the boss reached half health. I don't think any boss managed to survive that.

I do feel like #4 and #5 don't really feel like they have all that strong of a reason to tag along, which is a shame since I also like both of them. They pretty much seems to join just to see if Rex is right about Elysium existing. 

To be more precise, I feel like XC2 has some good ideas, but it flops a bit when it comes to executing them while I feel like XC1 and XCX do a better job of doing what they set-up to do. That's not to say that XC1 and XCX have no flaws. But the two things I loved the most the first XC1 was the engrossing epic it told and being able to explore massive areas. XCX really downplayed the story to focus on the exploration (and even then, the side quests add a lot to the lore of the game. Seeing humans and the various alien species work together or against each other in the struggle to survive was pretty interesting), but even compared to XC1, I feel like XC2 is lacking while it comes to areas. In XC1, I'd often travel to some areas just to appreciate the environment. I scarcely did that in XC2. As for the story, I really like what I consider the core message and theme of XC2, perhaps more than the main message of XC1, but I feel like XC1 delivered it much better. 

Reveal hidden contents

And the ending of XC2 left me very confused emotionally. "Wait so you made me cry about some characters sacrificing themselves only to bring them back to life with no discernible reason minutes after it happens?" I was angry at the game for killing them off since it seemed to go against the message of the game, but I'd prefer for the game to choose between the bittersweet ending with a sacrifice and the happy ending without sacrifice. 

I also don't really feel the chemistry Rex, Pyra and Mythra as far as romance goes. They clearly care a lot about each other, but I can't really picture how their romance would turn out after the game, especially since Pyra and Mythra are now 2 distinct physical entities. 

Also, why were there so many scenes where we clearly saw the character say something, but the game decided we couldn't hear it? I kind of hope those moments are voiced in NG+

I will praise the game for giving me the feels though. I legit teared up when Amalthus was killed because of how it was set-up, the music and his final words, which I wasn't really expecting. Speaking of villains, I still feel Egil is the best XC villain. 

As far as gameplay goes, I feel like it's a series of give and take. For example, I was really thankful grinding for aux cores wasn't as painful as grinding for augments in XCX, but they go and add a weird retro minigame I'm forced to play to power-up one of my favorite blade (Poppi's performance in the later chapters is amazing) and the most involved side-quests are tied to gacha blades. Ursula's affinity chart is also a thing. I did really like XC2's battle system.

I went with Rex, Nia, and #4 until I got QTPi.

Blade/Story spoilers.

Spoiler

Rex had Roc and Pandoria equipped, Nia was using Kora and Boreas, Mórag had Finch and Aegaeon, and Zeke I never used.

I never had eight orbs going--think the most I had was six, and that was against Chapter 9's final boss.

Aye. I especially felt that way with #5 after Chapter 6, anyway.

Ending spoilers.

Spoiler

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on Pyra and Mythra coming back to life. "Poppi made promise" almost had me in fucking tears, though. Why is the god damn robot of all things the most expressive?

Realising Malos is only evil because of Amalthus was a cool touch. All the villains in the game were great, really. I still think Mumkhar's my favourite, though, if only because my god is he a shit stain. "Wanna know why? Because it's your home." What a petty piece of crap.

I think once the combat clicked, 2's combat became my favourite in any game period. It's so incredibly fun and engaging, it's ridiculous.

EDIT: Nintendo needs to release this game's soundtrack now. I'd buy ten copies.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Spoiler

“SEVENTEEN is having a comeback next week, but one member doesn't want to share the spotlight; Joshua has locked up his fellow members so that when the time comes he'll be the only one able to stand on the stage. 

The remaining 12 members have been locked in a maze, the only way out is by working with their Units to kill off all the other boys. Joshua thought that they'd be too weak to do such a thing, but he underestimated their love for the stage. 

It's Performance Unit vs. Vocal Unit vs. Hip Hop Unit. Who will come out on top?

wtf is this!!

Spoiler

i’m about to cry i just watched seventeen’s second mv comeback teaser and the song sounds great but the concept and vibe is extremely similar to don’t wanna cry and my heart sank really a lot bc dwc was their worst era conceptually musically and artistically ugh i’m unreasonably miserable abt this tbh. they can do better than edm, woozi is an amazing composer and im honestly disappointed that he’s jumping on the edm bandwagon in kpop when svt has such a distinct and unique color from other boy groups

im holding out hope bc it was just a teaser but seriously guys ur gonna do edm?? if i wanted edm i’d listen to luna...

1 hour ago, Fleece said:

tagged along with dad while he was out running errands and got dragged into FYE at some point, wtf is this cereal shit isnt this a rwby character

20180201_165532.jpg

Oh my god 

why is that so accurate

I want to believe a weeb somewhere just has cupboards full of these

Spoiler

red velvet is so talented and gorgeous and versatile i can’t believe i stan such a wonderful group BwpZKuH.png im especially loving seulgis moves here asfpwekbd her moves are so precise and sharp yet smooth. normally i like watching wendy fancams the most bc she always looks so genuinely happy to be performing on stage but seulgi rn BwpZKuH.png

tumblr_p3h3odbSeI1te2y6no4_250.giftumblr_p3h3odbSeI1te2y6no6_250.giftumblr_p3h3odbSeI1te2y6no1_250.gif

anyway wat the fuck is wrong w the reveluv fandom lmao why are there so many akgaes?? this era is ridic bc i’ve seen more joy/seulgi/irene akgaes fighting over whose era it is than onces and reveluvs fighting over bad boy vs heart shaker why can’t we just love all the girls and get along

3 hours ago, Fleece said:

tagged along with dad while he was out running errands and got dragged into FYE at some point, wtf is this cereal shit isnt this a rwby character

20180201_165532.jpg

Yes. Pyrrha, to be specific.

Spoiler

the group evaluations aired today and i peeked at the individual fancam titles to see wat songs my boys zheng ting fan cheng cheng justin did but wtf is this

6396_DF60-1400-44_DF-9_E9_A-_AAAAB873_D1

if it’s actually ppap im gonna die