• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

wow i was abt to write a post abt that

the other day i watched the line distribution videos for seventeens four new songs (they’re really good btw shua has the most lines in two songs third-most in one and fourth-most in the last im happy) and i have realized that i can determine which members i like through my reaction at them singin, “shut the fuck up ur interrupting joshua” vs “i mean it’s fine i guess” finally i can identify which members im ok w i will slowly bring myself to like svt eventually

Edited by bling
stan evanesce

11 minutes ago, PKLucas531 said:

ya but seungkwan is a good singer so like are u upset when he interrupts

this was something i debated a lot tbh and unfortunately it was a no

can u believe i like seungkwan

11 minutes ago, PKLucas531 said:

ya but seungkwan is a good singer so like are u upset when he interrupts

this was something i debated a lot tbh and unfortunately it was a no

can u believe i like seungkwan

Men's FS

CHI Han Yan
I'm sad he's in group 1 =( His skating skills are beautiful and I love his performance skills. He's just not great with jumps. I like his costume too--a wine red shirt and a black vest. He seemed to be feeling it at the beginning of his program, but he tired quickly. Apparently he had surgery and couldn't get his jumps back in shape. Kinda unrelated, but I love the way he bows. It's cute.

USA Nathan Chen
He dropped all the way to group 2, but it seems to have done him good because wow he landed SIX quads. He touched down on one of them, but that's still enough points for him to possibly get to the podium. His program felt a bit empty though. PCS overscored. 127 for tes alone is monsterously high. What a great redemption skate. A lot probably has to do with not having the pressure to medal.

UKB Misha Ge
Wow, I think that was even more beautiful than his SP. He looks disappointed with his score =( PCS wasn't nearly enough for a skate like that. 

KOR Cha Junhwan
His hair is so long I'm afraid he's unable to see through his bangs sometimes. A pretty good skate overall. He only messed up on one jump. He also did the Yuna camel spin!! My favorite!!!

CAN Keegan Messing
His music and choreo are so Canadian. I loved his performace and charisma. It matched the music very well and is pretty unique. A solid skate other than a popped jump on the combo. Deserved more PCS unfortunately.

USA Vincent Zhou
Aww, his reaction at the end of his skate. His jumps were huge. He too deserved more PCS. His program had more oomf in it than Nathan's even with five quads imo. In second now.

USA Adam Rippon
Aww, another good skate from him. His layback spin is honestly prettier than the ladies'. I love his arm positions in the spins. It was clean other than the 3-jump combo where he had tight landings and rotation problems. He's fourth.

RUS Dimitri Aliev
Aw, not very good compared to his SP. That first fall looked really painful on his hip and ankle. It probably affected him for the rest of his elements. Kudos to him for persevering though. Still good enough for current third place.

CHI Boyang Jin
Man, those jumps are really something. Such great height and good landings. He flubbed on one or two of them though. I liked his step sequence and his performance in general more than his SP. He got first! Aww, he's crying in the Kiss&Cry. I can't tell if they're happy or sad tears though.

CAN Patrick Chan
Much better than his Team FS. He actually landed his nemises, the triple axel! He stumbled in his step sequence though, which surprised me quite a bit.

JPN Yuzuru Hanyu 
My boy ;_; He was holding his ankle when he finished, but he looked so proud of himself!! I TOO AM VERY PROUD OF HIM. Not the cleanest skate, and I think his spins could be better, but he was still amazing. He held onto those jumps. I was worried about his stamina and his ankle injury, especially since he looked shaky during the warm up. He's first with 317!!

ESP Javier Fernandez
Oh Javi, I really hope he gets silver. But he was a bit shaky on some of his jumps. He doubled some too =( Falling on triples or quads would have been better, maybe because the judges are sadists or something. He's second! But behind by quite a few points.

JPN Shoma Uno
Omg this baby. I... I don't know what to feel. I wanted him to be on the podium, but as bronze. He scored over Javi by a point... He was shaky on many of his jumps, but he toughened up by the last minute of the program. His 3A+Lo+3F near the end was amazing. His mental strength is pretty formidable. As usual, he's very into the music (Turandot I believe). 

No one came close to touching Yuzuru's score oh my god. And here I was, panicking over the freeskate all day and night. I'm so glad he was able to show the world what he's made of after being inactive this whole season. WOOOO HE WON GOLD WITH SEIMEI AND CHOPIN I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER IN THIS MOMENT. 

Also really proud of Nathan for making a great comeback from his SP. Boyang was very good as well, and after his skate I kind of hoped he would get bronze. I'm so happy that Javier got his Olympic medal at last, though I'm sad he couldn't go out with a silver. I'm proud of Shoma too. He's been in Yuzuru's shadow for the longest time, and hopefully he gets more recognition as an individual. Ahh.... I feel so drained...

Edited by sylveonzoroark

12 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Men's FS

CHI Han Yan
I'm sad he's in group 1 =( His skating skills are beautiful and I love his performance skills. He's just not great with jumps. I like his costume too--a wine red shirt and a black vest. He seemed to be feeling it at the beginning of his program, but he tired quickly. Apparently he had surgery and couldn't get his jumps back in shape. Kinda unrelated, but I love the way he bows. It's cute.

USA Nathan Chen
He dropped all the way to group 2, but it seems to have done him good because wow he landed SIX quads. He touched down on one of them, but that's still enough points for him to possibly get to the podium. His program felt a bit empty though. PCS overscored. 127 for tes alone is monsterously high. What a great redemption skate. A lot probably has to do with not having the pressure to medal.

UKB Misha Ge
Wow, I think that was even more beautiful than his SP. He looks disappointed with his score =( PCS wasn't nearly enough for a skate like that. 

KOR Cha Junhwan
His hair is so long I'm afraid he's unable to see through his bangs sometimes. A pretty good skate overall. He only messed up on one jump. He also did the Yuna camel spin!! My favorite!!!

CAN Keegan Messing
His music and choreo are so Canadian. I loved his performace and charisma. It matched the music very well and is pretty unique. A solid skate other than a popped jump on the combo. Deserved more PCS unfortunately.

USA Vincent Zhou
Aww, his reaction at the end of his skate. His jumps were huge. He too deserved more PCS. His program had more oomf in it than Nathan's even with five quads imo. In second now.

USA Adam Rippon
Aww, another good skate from him. His layback spin is honestly prettier than the ladies'. I love his arm positions in the spins. It was clean other than the 3-jump combo where he had tight landings and rotation problems. He's fourth.

RUS Dimitri Aliev
Aw, not very good compared to his SP. That first fall looked really painful on his hip and ankle. It probably affected him for the rest of his elements. Kudos to him for persevering though. Still good enough for current third place.

CHI Boyang Jin
Man, those jumps are really something. Such great height and good landings. He flubbed on one or two of them though. I liked his step sequence and his performance in general more than his SP. He got first! Aww, he's crying in the Kiss&Cry. I can't tell if they're happy or sad tears though.

CAN Patrick Chan
Much better than his Team FS. He actually landed his nemises, the triple axel! He stumbled in his step sequence though, which surprised me quite a bit.

JPN Yuzuru Hanyu 
My boy ;_; He was holding his ankle when he finished, but he looked so proud of himself!! I TOO AM VERY PROUD OF HIM. Not the cleanest skate, and I think his spins could be better, but he was still amazing. He held onto those jumps. I was worried about his stamina and his ankle injury, especially since he looked shaky during the warm up. He's first with 317!!

ESP Javier Fernandez
Oh Javi, I really hope he gets silver. But he was a bit shaky on some of his jumps. He doubled some too =( Falling on triples or quads would have been better, maybe because the judges are sadists or something. He's second! But behind by quite a few points.

JPN Shoma Uno
Omg this baby. I... I don't know what to feel. I wanted him to be on the podium, but as bronze. He scored over Javi by a point... He was shaky on many of his jumps, but he toughened up by the last minute of the program. His 3A+Lo+3F near the end was amazing. His mental strength is pretty formidable. As usual, he's very into the music (Turandot I believe). 

No one came close to touching Yuzuru's score oh my god. And here I was, panicking over the freeskate all day and night. I'm so glad he was able to show the world what he's made of after being inactive this whole season. WOOOO HE WON GOLD WITH SEIMEI AND CHOPIN I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER IN THIS MOMENT. 

Also really proud of Nathan for making a great comeback from his SP. Boyang was very good as well, and after his skate I kind of hoped he would get bronze. I'm so happy that Javier got his Olympic medal at last, though I'm sad he couldn't go out with a silver. I'm proud of Shoma too. He's been in Yuzuru's shadow for the longest time, and hopefully he gets more recognition as an individual. Ahh.... I feel so drained...

CONGRATS TO YUZURUUU

37 minutes ago, PKLucas531 said:

its ok i cant believe i like him either

i can’t wait to hold this against u later

an appreciation post for brian orser, greatest coach of all time

kim yuna, 2x olympic champion, 2x world champion, 3x grand prix champion, the queen of ROK

hanyu yuzuru, 2x olympic champion, 2x world champion, 4x grand prix champion, greatest of all time

javier fernandez, olympic bronze medalist, 2x world champion, 6x european champion

cha junhwan and gabrielle daleman, olympians etc

he's so supportive of all his skaters and pushes them not only technically but performance-wise as well

interview after event

Shoma: Yes, when I fell on the loop, I thought to myself, “Let’s just try my best.” I didn’t rush at all. I couldn’t help but laugh.

You stood on the Olympic stage, and you have the medal ceremony later. How do you feel about that?

S: We have the ceremony after this?

The medal ceremony is tonight.

S: Hmm, well, I didn’t really have any special thoughts [towards the Olympics] through it all.

how can he stay this cool-headed

press con

"Hanyu: Without Javi, I would not have come to Canada. Because of him, I was really able to incorporate the 4S and 4T in my program. Without him, training would have been so hard, I would not have been able to bear it."

"Shoma Uno: Yuzuru Hanyu was my goal, and I work hard to be like him. He will be my eternal goal, the eternal idol for me."

i'm not crying u are

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Spoiler

wtf nct has a trainee who got in through sm’s saturday audition!! it’s known for being really strict and only yoona taemin seulgi and heechul have gotten in that way (all of whom are obviously among sm’s most known and loved idols) that’s kinda scary i wonder who this guy is