• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Never let kids get any non A or be less than #1 in the class at anything not called gym or drama, forced them to play piano or violin, etc.

^ That's me

Never let kids get any non A or be less than #1 in the class at anything not called gym or drama, forced them to play piano or violin, etc.

*sigh*

Really does suck.

I kind of had the same thing, but i didn't have to learn an instrument.

Edited by N7 Average Azn (John)

eugh Asian upbringing sucks ;~;

I had an abusive and evil and sad childhood

Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try to force everyone into the same exact mold. Making people try hard to succeed is good. Making them all try hard to succeed at the same things is very bad.

*sigh*

Really does suck.

I kind of had the same thing, but i didn't have to learn an instrument.

I did when I was younger.

It sucked. I'm terrible at music.

Though I played the drums.

Also my parents obviously let me play computer games, they drilled me a lot, and a B was near unacceptable.

I did when I was younger.

It sucked. I'm terrible at music.

Though I played the drums.

Also my parents obviously let me play computer games, they drilled me a lot, and a B was near unacceptable.

I never really worried about my grades in grade school, because it was all mostly easy to me anyway. Never studied and always made good grades. I never worried about my grades really until college, since i almost always made a B or above.

Never got to play games unless it was the weekend though, so i would just end up sitting there doing nothing for 5 days a week.

I was okay in Chorus back in HS,

I never really worried about my grades in grade school, because it was all mostly easy to me anyway. Never studied and always made good grades. I never worried about my grades really until college, since i almost always made a B or above.

Never got to play games unless it was the weekend though, so i would just end up sitting there doing nothing for 5 days a week.

I was okay in Chorus back in HS,

Same here on the grades. One of my Spanish teachers called me overachiever (as well as the rest of my class).

I sometimes had them on weekdays, sometimes not. It depended. Though if I had a B in anything, it was varied between weekends only or nothing.

By the time I was in high school a B would be "not an A but still pretty good" and a C would have been "well at least I tried, it could be worse." Now in college getting a B would be a miracle for me... I really suck ;~;

By the time I was in high school a B would be "not an A but still pretty good" and a C would have been "well at least I tried, it could be worse." Now in college getting a B would be a miracle for me... I really suck ;~;

is college really that hard? now your making me super nervous

If I like

ever got lower than a regular A

I would cut myself and tell myself not to do it again

Thankfully I don't do it anymore though :o

is college really that hard? now your making me super nervous

depending on your major it's way harder than anything before IMO, but you don't need to worry about that until you get there.

If I like

ever got lower than a regular A

I would cut myself and tell myself not to do it again

Thankfully I don't do it anymore though :o

When I was like 12, my father would put a lot of pressure for me to get great grades, and I started beating myself up when getting grades. Then he stopped lol

Edited by Nobody

I'm gonna be that guy and say my parents don't have any expectations of me. I get As because I can and want to, not because of anyone else. I'm kinda disappointed because they don't even really care about my grades anymore.

They used to pay me for every good report card, but not anymore. That was my only allowance ;_;

Edited by PKLucas531

I'm gonna be that guy and say my parents don't have any expectations of me. I get As because I can and want to, not because of anyone else. I'm kinda disappointed because they don't even really care about my grades anymore.

As I grow up, this also happened to me. My parents don't really care about my grades now that I'm in college.

Edited by Nobody

not really.

college is free here, while mid school/high school was paid (because public mid school/high school here is lame)

Oh. Where I'm from, college is extremely expensive.