Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

We have a theory of gravity that has been proven to explain most observed phenomenon extremely well, however there are fringe cases where it is still incomplete, and further investigation is underway. cf gravity waves, etc.

Hm, interesting, I should research that and expand my knowledge base.

If only I was talking about the simple lotttery...

Oh...so a complicated lottery?

Not if you make an experiment multiple times in the EXACT same way. If you have a theory about something, and one case goes against it without any noteable differences in the method of the experiment, then by extension it must be wrong

But Mayora, luck doesn't exist, technically. There must have been some difference, even if it was molecular.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

About gravity:

I do take gravity as factual, simply because it has never been proven wrong in hundreds of years.

There are parts that have yet to be adequately explained, but there hasn't beem sn utter contradiction before.

I take gravity as existent, because...things are subject to it. If ever it's disproven...well, I guess chaos then.

I would indeed.

Aoishiro, was quite enjoyable. It has oodles and oodles of bad ends, which makes your choices actually have impact, and I find navigating life and death to be quite fulfilling. Also, it's got a female protagonist, and a pretty well-knit story.

There are several other titles set in the same universe as Ever17, which while I've not yet read, I've heard are quite good as well, Remember11, Never7, etc.

You should check out Hotel Dusk and The Last Windo (for DS) if you haven't already.

Hmmm... trying to think of some more that are free from sexual content.

I was gonna read Aoishiro one day...

I have the same question as Kitty, except mine is more specific,

Between Steins;Gate and Sharin no Kuni, which should I read? Gearing towards SnK...

And if S;G, which version, JAST or fanslation?

Edited by Soledai

I agree about religion, but I personally think that everyone should leave other's political opinion alone. Religious beliefs are personal, but political views affect society since every citizen in a democracy can vote. There's some political point of views I find can be dangerous for the rest of the nation if it's shared by too many.

You're missing a word here, right?

Because you said people should leave other's political opinions alone, but then said they affect everyone in society...

Yes... the most complicated lottery of them all.

Life?

Because you said people should leave other's political opinions alone, but then said they affect everyone in society...

I think he means save it for the ballet box. Or if you become a politician, but come on, who want to do that?

Between Steins;Gate and Sharin no Kuni, which should I read? Gearing towards SnK...

I still have to unwrap my Limited Edition Jast copy of s;g. I'm so bad. ^^;

A lot of people really, really like SnK. I found it to be a bit of a letdown, peronsally. I think the highly linear way it plays out really affected me, to be perfectly blunt, so my disappointment might not be your disappointment. In the circles I've talked to people with, it was pretty much universally agreed that Sharin n Kuni > G Senjou no Maou, so that's another point of reference for you (though I haven't personally read Maou yet).

If you've already seen s;g anime though, I'd honestly recommend you play Sharin, just for something fresh. Yes, the game is probably a better experience than the anime, but if you've already got base level, unless you're really in a Dr Pepper mood, and want to revisit good times, I'd say branch out with something new.

As far as fan translation vs official, I'd lean official, I think.

I would indeed.

Aoishiro, was quite enjoyable. It has oodles and oodles of bad ends, which makes your choices actually have impact, and I find navigating life and death to be quite fulfilling. Also, it's got a female protagonist, and a pretty well-knit story.

There are several other titles set in the same universe as Ever17, which while I've not yet read, I've heard are quite good as well, Remember11, Never7, etc.

You should check out Hotel Dusk and The Last Windo (for DS) if you haven't already.

Hmmm... trying to think of some more that are free from sexual content.

I'll check out aoishiro and the others after ever17. thanks for the suggestions !

Ohh that would be cool if we both played aoishiro at the same time then talk about the story and such !

I haven't heard of Sharin no Kuni much and my bias towards the artist of Steins;Gate makes me want to choose that.

Though if you do want to play Sharin no Kuni, go ahead !

I've only played the JAST ver, so I'm not sure what the fanslation is like.

Hm, interesting, I should research that and expand my knowledge base.

Oh...so a complicated lottery?

But Mayora, luck doesn't exist, technically. There must have been some difference, even if it was molecular.

Quantum theories disagree with the statement about luck.

Problem is, scientists clearly inspect everything before an experiment. Suppose you throw a brick in water, and it floats. You pick up that brick, and throw it into the same lake again. And so on. But one time, it doesn't float and goes underwater.

It was the same brick every time, and the same lake.

If something like that were to happen, scientists would have to accept their hypothesis that the brick always floats to be wrong, and would have to throw it into the water (pardon the pun)

Even if asuming you were right, assuming that if an experiment goes against a theory, the experiment must have had something strange to it, the theory would still be wrong. A theory needs to be flawless at predicting the outcome of something. If there is the possibility to tamper with the results, the theory was wrong due to not having calculated tthose as well, and must be revised

Life?

I think he means save it for the ballet box. Or if you become a politician, but come on, who want to do that?

Nah I meant 'Shouldn't leave'.

For example, I live in Québec and separation is still an opinion held by a good number of Québecers. I think that separating from Canada would be a bad move for several reason, and I such, I try to discuss it with friends when it's brought up.

I still have to unwrap my Limited Edition Jast copy of s;g. I'm so bad. ^^;

A lot of people really, really like SnK. I found it to be a bit of a letdown, peronsally. I think the highly linear way it plays out really affected me, to be perfectly blunt, so my disappointment might not be your disappointment. In the circles I've talked to people with, it was pretty much universally agreed that Sharin n Kuni > G Senjou no Maou, so that's another point of reference for you (though I haven't personally read Maou yet).

If you've already seen s;g anime though, I'd honestly recommend you play Sharin, just for something fresh. Yes, the game is probably a better experience than the anime, but if you've already got base level, unless you're really in a Dr Pepper mood, and want to revisit good times, I'd say branch out with something new.

As far as fan translation vs official, I'd lean official, I think.

People say SnK is better than G-senjou?

I can't say much since I haven't read SnK, but... really?

Interestingly enough, linearity is kind of a thing with me too, but it really depends, "was there room for more" is what I generally ask myself...

I haven't seen the anime of S;G... If something had a VN prior to an anime adaption, I'm more geared towards the VNs.

I think I may go SnK... I'll flip a coin, but I'm leaning towards it

I'll check out aoishiro and the others after ever17. thanks for the suggestions !

Ohh that would be cool if we both played aoishiro at the same time then talk about the story and such !

I haven't heard of Sharin no Kuni much and my bias towards the artist of Steins;Gate makes me want to choose that.

Though if you do want to play Sharin no Kuni, go ahead !

I've only played the JAST ver, so I'm not sure what the fanslation is like.

That would be cool, but I kind of binge these novels, so I might leave you behind a little bit.

I'll do Aoishiro after one of what I pick between SnK or S;G.

Edited by Soledai

Quantum theories disagree with the statement about luck.

Problem is, scientists clearly inspect everything before an experiment. Suppose you throw a brick in water, and it floats. You pick up that brick, and throw it into the same lake again. And so on. But one time, it doesn't float and goes underwater.

It was the same brick every time, and the same lake.

If something like that were to happen, scientists would have to accept their hypothesis that the brick always floats to be wrong, and would have to throw it into the water (pardon the pun)

Even if asuming you were right, assuming that if an experiment goes against a theory, the experiment must have had something strange to it, the theory would still be wrong. A theory needs to be flawless at predicting the outcome of something. If there is the possibility to tamper with the results, the theory was wrong due to not having calculated tthose as well, and must be revised

Just going to point out one thing. Yes, they are backed up by evidence and extensive examinations, but at the end of the day, theories are just just temporary explanations for the unknown. If a theory is proven to be true, then wouldn't it not be theory anymore and considered law? Granted, there are cases where there are exceptions to science, which is why discoveries are left as just theory, rather than universal fact.

That kind of goes in with statistical probability, where after extensive research, you find that outcome A happens 99.999999% of the time, and then there's the extremely rare .000001% outcome B that is so unlikely, that it might as well be zero. Outcome B may prove that A is not 100%, but it does not disprove the credibility of the theory.

In a nutshell, consistency is everything. One side of the spectrum outweighing the other is what determines if a theory is either proven, or disproven

Edited by The King

Nah I meant 'Shouldn't leave'.

For example, I live in Québec and separation is still an opinion held by a good number of Québecers. I think that separating from Canada would be a bad move for several reason, and I such, I try to discuss it with friends when it's brought up.

I see. I figured out that that was what you meant, but I got a bit confused.

That would be cool, but I kind of binge these novels, so I might leave you behind a little bit.

I'll do Aoishiro after one of what I pick between SnK or S;G.

Tis alright, I did the same thing while playing 999 haha

I guess in the meantime, I'll be playing Ever17 then /w/