Eliwood. Underrated?

Florete

Its because Legendary weapons are pretty much the only weapons that can actually hit the Dragon more. Of course using the S-Rank weapons would probably help, but then again you'd be trashing your fund. So screw that.

Luna is like the most broken tome in this game. And happens to be my favorite of all. Thats why Athos is a Gato archetype and being made of awesome win. I don't know about Canas because I hardly use him but Athos has to be in

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you assuming that I'm basing character performance on how good he/she does against a final boss?

Not you, just the whole concept of Eliwood sucking just because Durandal slows him down. The same can be said of Lyn and her Sol Katti. She's only faster afterwards due to high natural speed. Hector slows down too, but by much less.

Not you, just the whole concept of Eliwood sucking just because Durandal slows him down. The same can be said of Lyn and her Sol Katti. She's only faster afterwards due to high natural speed. Hector slows down too, but by much less.

I don't use the legendary weapons that much (sometimes not at all).

Mitsuru likes to pick out minor flaws and act like they mean the world for a character's usability.

Mitsuru likes to pick out minor flaws and act like they mean the world for a character's usability.

Doesn't help that he's generally wrong, such as Priscilla being too slow. He's right in saying Durandal makes Eliwood unable to double attack the Fire Dragon, but he's dead wrong about it being a reason for Eliwood not being good.

Eliwood gets doubled by swordies (early, at least) in HHM. On normal, he can satisfy well enough, but there are simply better people.

He is hated on more than is necessary, but not having a real strength does him no favors when looking at him without bias.

Edited by Mac

Eliwood isn't horrible, but he isn't really good. I mean, he's better than Lyn, but Hector is better than him still. And Eliwood still isn't a good unit all in all. In Hector's mode he's a lot better due to earlier promotion, but then Hector loses out. In Eliwood mode, he promotes too late. Eliwood's stats don't back him up too well either, and his utility is minimal until promotion. =/

He's right in saying Durandal makes Eliwood unable to double attack the Fire Dragon, but he's dead wrong about it being a reason for Eliwood not being good.

Not to mention it's a double standard seeing as how Hector is also unable to double the dragon if he's using Armads. :rolleyes:

(For the record, Hector has the capacity to double the dragon with Armads. Whether or not he'll live up to that potential is questionable at best.)

Despite being a mounted unit (which some may know I don't really like), my Eliwoods always turn out to be one of my most reliable units throughout the game, and even moreso after promotion. Definitely underrated.

Edit: Also, Doom, stop talking out of your ass.

Edited by Raven

Eliwood > Lyn

Eliwood will double everyone anyway and has more offensive /defensive power. He dodges well enough.

It's usually not that hard of a conclusion to come to if you pay enough attention and don't let bias interfere.

EDIT: It's worth noting that I thought he sucked during my first playthrough, too, and he's still the hardest for me to get started.

Edited by Euphemia

I, too, used to be an Eliwood hater. However, after looking at my last game and seeing him nearly maxing out all stats except for luck and def at lvl 12, I changed my opinion of him slightly. It also helps that he's frickin' amazing in my HHM run. He may be "the mediocre balanced guy", but I find that his balance is a godsend in the mode. Decent strength, rarely misses, dodges but can take a few hits. Love the kid.

ha ha ha! You are lucky. My Hector is 20 str, 20 def in my last game. ( still higher then theprevious game, when he got 18 str and 21 def)My Eli only max Luck........

Wow. My matthew was better...

Eliwood is easily rng screwed because he is balanced. His balance can easily be thrown off course, leaving him with n advantages.