have you ever pretended to be sick?

Junk

When you puke voluntarily, do you feel nauseous? I ask because I once heard that you don't necessarily have to feel nauseous to puke; sorry if I come across as strange.

Well, I was kidding a bit. I've never faked puking to get out of class or work or whatever. I have sort of made myself puke when I feel nauseous even though I didn't feel like I "had" to puke (like, I could have held it in if I wanted to), but I don't think that's what you're asking about. So I don't think I can answer your question, sorry :(

Well, when I think about it, there was a time when I would puke a lot while taking meds, because the large pills would provoke my gag reflex. I'm not sure if that counts as being nauseous. It's not like I would feel dizzy or sick to my stomach or anything. So I guess that that counts as puking without feeling nauseous.

Edited by SeverIan

To skip out on working on Sundays a couple of times, yes. If you let people bid on their schedules based off seniority, display 4 day weeks for everyone and then 2 weeks later add a 5th day that nobody gets to bid on avoiding days they have stuff to do, though, what else can you expect to happen? It's their fault, really. Or that's how I justify it. Lying to go to church, that's gotta be a contradiction or something.

Yes when I have multiple tests on the same day and I don't have time to cram for them all. Or when I have several big projects due on the same day and I can't finish all of them. I don't skip the whole day though, just maybe the first two periods to get things finished up. By then it's lunchtime and lol

I can't even remember. I was (better now, mostly) generally either "sick" or "more sick", so it wouldn't have been much to pretend that my persistant low-grade illness had worsened.

I feel like the answer is almost certainly yes, but I'm not sure for certain.

Don't pretend to be sick. If you're going to truant, at least be fucking honest about it.

(Don't pretend to be sick for work either unless you have valid reasons that don't actually count, where illness does, etc)

Edited by Parrhesia

Oh, many many times. When I was little I'd pretend to be sick to get out of violin lessons, tennis practice, etc etc. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh man. And now in college, even if I'm actually sick, I have to force myself to go to class because if I miss a day I lose participation points, fall behind on material, and am basically completely screwed.

Don't pretend to be sick. If you're going to truant, at least be fucking honest about it.

lol such helpful directions. i can see it now:

"hey mom i'm fuckin tired as burnt rubber so i'm not going to school today p.s. don't forget to prepare breakfast so i don't go hungry when i wake up fgt"

Oh, many many times. When I was little I'd pretend to be sick to get out of violin lessons, tennis practice, etc etc. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh man.

bad young yeon!! >=p

Edited by xXHeartbreakXx

It snows here goddamn enough that I actually get tired of missing class

why the fuck would I

Just last week both my Italian classes got cancelled due to snow it doth not please me

Also I'm the type to willpower myself into getting unsick just so I don't miss class

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm never not pretending to be sick when I stay home. I don't get sick enough to stay home as often as other people I know, man. It's so unfair.

Edited by Shu

lol such helpful directions. i can see it now:

"hey mom i'm fuckin tired as burnt rubber so i'm not going to school today p.s. don't forget to prepare breakfast so i don't go hungry when i wake up fgt"

bad young yeon!! >=p

That actually works. Like, all I'd tell my mom is that there's no point going to school, waste of time for the day, kinda bored, and boom, I get a day off. :3