[Battle:FE9] Losers Round 2 - Tables vs. ZM

Espinosa

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TURN 8:

k35x.pngVSy2h9.png

Rolf @Brave Bow attacks Mia @Vague Katti!

Mia's Nihil cancels Rolf Skills!

16x2 damage, 100% hit, 7% crit

Mia is KO'd!

Tables                 ZM
Rolf 52/52        Ike 0/52  
Tauroneo 52/52    Elincia 52/52
Largo 00/60       Rolf 52/52
Mia 00/56         Tauroneo 52/52
Giffca 68/68 [8]  Giffca 68/68 [8]

My Tauroneo doesn't have Nihil, because someone else who might have just died has it instead.

Catching up and working out next move now.

Giffca puts on the Laguz Band and hits Rolf with the Ashera Staff his claw

Edited by Tables

Unless I missed something somewhere in the main topic, I don't think we've ever discussed miracle outside of fe5. I'd personally prefer once per match in every game, but I guess it doesn't really matter here because while in Thracia you take 0 damage, here you take half damage. So even if miracle activates a second time, if it's the same unit attacking you as before then you're dead regardless.

Although I guess it depends on rounding, and I don't think that has been discussed for miracle either. I know supports round down and I'm pretty sure offensive procs round up, so where does that leave miracle?

The problem with Thracia's Prayer is the activation rate - can potentially get up to 90% on a luck-capped Finn with the Hero Lance. PoR's Miracle is fine and rarely kicks in with the modest luck% activation rate (okay, fairly high on Elincia/Mist) and being somewhat easily countered with brave weaponry and Nihil/Parity being very common.

Edited by Espinosa

...here you take half damage. So even if miracle activates a second time, if it's the same unit attacking you as before then you're dead regardless.

Perhaps this was a Radiant Dawn change, but I believe you don't take half damage but take damage equal to half your remaining HP, rounded down. So Miracle activation chain can start getting pretty insane and horible.

(As an aside I think Awakening's works best. Survive with 1 HP, it can't activate while you're at 1 HP)

Oops. You're right, my bad. I'm skeptical of speaking too harshly about constant miracle because cancel is a thing, but obviously miracle has a much better distribution. I guess it's probably fine, since no matter what you do the cap is 40%.

i was secretly hoping Espinosa would update when he was in the thread earlier so I didn't bother but alas here I am!

TURN 9:

3wfb.pngVSk35x.png

Tables's Giffca Claws at ZM's Rolf @Brave Bow!

15 damage, 90% hit, 0% crit

(44, 33)

Rolf takes 15 damage! (37/52)

It's ZM's turn to act.

Rolf 52/52        Ike 0/52 
Largo 00/60       Rolf 37/52
Giffca 68/68 [20] Giffca 68/68 [8]

I'm checking in every once in a while to see how everything is going but probably won't be able to host anything in the next couple of days. Urgent deadlines at work plus I could doze off anytime due to being sleep-deprived. So if you could continue with this one game, that'd be cool.

EDIT

EDIT EDIT

I read it backwards :facepalm:

TURN 10

3wfb.pngVSk35x.png

ZM's Giffca Claws at Tables' Rolf @Brave Bow!

15 damage, 90% hit, 0% crit

(2, 32)

Rolf takes 15 damage! (37/52)

Tables' turn.

Rolf 37/52        Ike 0/52 
Largo 00/60       Rolf 37/52
Giffca 68/68 [20] Giffca 68/68 [4]
Edited by General Horace

Wait I made this decision based on what Horace posted, not what actually happened.

Edit 2: Nah, still gonna have Tauroneo slice Rolf into two pieces with his Silver Sword.

Edited by Tables

(As an aside I think Awakening's works best. Survive with 1 HP, it can't activate while you're at 1 HP)

FE4 did that first, though it only gave 10 * (10 - remaining HP) avoid.

I think the Life skill could make it work again, but that was only granted by equipment.

TURN 11

ffw7.pngVSk35x.png

Tauroneo @Silver Sword attacks Rolf!

25 damage, 84% hit, 0% crit

(11, 76)

Rolf takes 25 damage! (12/52)

ZM's turn again.

Rolf 37/52        Ike 0/52 
Largo 00/60       Rolf 12/52
Giffca 68/68 [20] Giffca 68/68 [4]

FE4 did that first, though it only gave 10 * (10 - remaining HP) avoid.

I think the Life skill could make it work again, but that was only granted by equipment.

Eh? That's COMPLETELY different to Awakening's Miracle. Prayer gives avoid if your HP ends up low, FE13 Miracle makes your HP low if you happened to die.

Edit: I believe I should have a crit rate on his Rolf

Edited by Tables

Forged Silver Sword is assumed to have 15 crit (or at least that's what I was lead to believe)

Edit: Or actually, does crit cap out at +9 in PoR? In which case I'd have 20 crit to his 20 luck, yeah. It doesn't affect me actually wanting to take the move either way, I wasn't banking on the crit, just thought it was a possibility.

Edit2: Just checked the forging section of the site, it does cap at +9. I've clearly been playing too much Awakening etc.. So yeah, it's 20 crit to 20 luck, rather than 11 to 20, but that's still a 0% crit rate so okay.

Edited by Tables

Eh? That's COMPLETELY different to Awakening's Miracle. Prayer gives avoid if your HP ends up low, FE13 Miracle makes your HP low if you happened to die.

Both only activate for only a single turn when it's active though. It's basically the same skill reworked over the years.

Forges are supposed to be maximum might and hit, but no critical is given. It only goes up to +9 in the game anyway.

Edited by Woodshooter