QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

They don't usually get on random people too hard for unassumingly posting genuine personal reflections, honest.

I mean unless they think they're howlers

(ymmv)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so there's the entertainment

and i might as well throw something in

Matthew 6:21 - For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

You're alright, Fluorspar, and I'd not see your effort unrecognized, but Makaze, Parrhesia and Integ have a certain sort of history such that they, ah, sometimes respond differently to each other than they would to other people, which may not be particularly visible to a new observer. Parrhesia and Integ might have responded to another person who posted about Discordianism differently. They don't usually get on random people too hard for unassumingly posting genuine personal reflections, honest.

You also may just see more extreme, perhaps exaggerated words spoken between people in this forum section. I wouldn't worry too much about it

Well I can see clearly now that there's a history (I am curious/repulsed but what it could be) between them, but I feel like the entire religion/philosophy of Discordianism is being dismissed because its thought of as a mockery. It's being completely dismissed. I don't think it's sole purpose is mocking. I think people put some actual thought into what they were saying and believe it. To say it doesn't belong here simply because someone think it's ridiculous (and it's ok to think it's ridiculous) is not fair to it.

I also have a secondary problem with posts that are there purely to insult. Can't we at least pretend to be civil?

(looks like I don't fit the phlegm description anymore)

From my perspective, I'm just not taking things very seriously. It's honestly baffling to me when people call me out like this. Makes me wonder what edgey is. My original posts are not made to rub people the wrong way, they just happen to.

NO. You take responsibility for your actions and posts - they don't just "do" that, you're intentionally going off the beaten track of religions into something else entirely. This is something that YOU do, and YOU can choose to do something about this or not. Now, if you really don't care for the major religions, you are free to skip this question. Your silence regarding a question can't be held against you.

Also, why did it take less than a page for what I quoted to come to light?

NO. You take responsibility for your actions and posts - they don't just "do" that, you're intentionally going off the beaten track of religions into something else entirely. This is something that YOU do, and YOU can choose to do something about this or not. Now, if you really don't care for the major religions, you are free to skip this question. Your silence regarding a question can't be held against you.

Also, why did it take less than a page for what I quoted to come to light?

Maybe I misunderstood the question. I did not take it to mean mainstream religions.

I did not intentionally go off the beaten track. I wasn't even aware there was a track I was supposed to stick to. I didn't even pay attention to my post. Simply put, you are flat out wrong about my intention. I did not expect anyone to take real notice of my post because I did not make a point of it being off the track in any way. It's a piece of wisdom without context that comes from a religious text and the source should not matter.

You are beating a dead horse.

Edited by Makaze

You honestly think you can say stuff like this? You're being so horrible.

If you really have that much of a problem with how Integrity is acting, remember that he's part of the mod team, and that we'd really appreciate a message if you think he's acting out of line (rather than some offhand comment in a post).

Your opinions are your own, but how you handled this situation was less than ideal.

Basically you are charged with lightening the mood of everything

honestly, I don't think you're doing a very good job

Esme, i miss your old sig already.

aw :<

I like this one so much

kc green is a beautiful soul

honestly, I don't think you're doing a very good job

You don't say.

@eclipse: If you reply, I'll be here later. Got to go for now.

As a general rule, I do not reply to this thread to make a point. I give honest answers and fully expect to get no response, just like 99% of the other posters. Every time someone has called out my answer it has been unexpected and it will be unexpected the next time, too.

Maybe I misunderstood the question. I did not take it to mean mainstream religions.

I did not intentionally go off the beaten track. I wasn't even aware there was a track I was supposed to stick to. I didn't even pay attention to my post. Simply put, you are flat out wrong about my intention. I did not expect anyone to take real notice of my post because I did not make a point of it being off the track in any way. It's a piece of wisdom without context that comes from a religious text and the source should not matter.

You are beating a dead horse.

Sorry, I got to the party late. However, that part bugged me, because I really, REALLY don't like the attitude of "well it's THEIR problem if they don't like what I put out". A simple apology regarding the misunderstanding would've cleared it up faster.

aw :<

I like this one so much

kc green is a beautiful soul

I may come to love it like i did your other.

My quote/example along with Lumi's was far from what i would consider a mainstream religion.

why is this an argument lol

*hands Boney a mirror*

<.<

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

As a general rule, I do not reply to this thread to make a point. I give honest answers and fully expect to get no response, just like 99% of the other posters. Every time someone has called out my answer it has been unexpected and it will be unexpected the next time, too.

Hmmm. . .what's the best way to put this. . .

Think of what the question is asking. For example, if I'd posted something from Scientology, I'd (rightfully) expect people down my throat. Your opinions are your own, but other people are free to disagree with them (how it's done is another matter). How that disagreement is expressed is out of your control; your response to it, however, IS under your control. How you come across while defending your opinion is also something that you'll need to take responsibility for. What you do is up to you (as long as I don't have to cite things in the CoC). If your opinions are super-contrary a lot of the time, you may have people who conclude that you're doing it to be "edgy" (as opposed to you seeing the world in a totally different light; that's your call to make, not mine). If you can live with that, I won't stop you. Just. . .don't be passive-aggressive about it, because that's one of the things that'll transform me from calm to raging in 0.5 seconds.

I may come to love it like i did your mother.

i read it as this first and was like 'damn' #ListOfBurnCentresInMagvel

Edited by Parrhesia

oh fucking finally it's cutoff time (actually it was like three hours ago but I thought it was around 5pm fsr)

this is officially the most popular qotd in either thread lol

Question 280. Tell us a joke.

I know that isn't a question.

I don't care.