QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Václav Havel once when I was a little baby and he is an incredibly cool guy and probably the closest thing I could get to meeting one of my heroes.

I think.

inb4 some religious stuff

I'll say yes, and intentionally leave it vague!

(actually, it's for my own personal reasons)

inb4 some religious stuff

I found Jesus when I was 15, does that count?

(actually I didn't but w/e)

Edited by Euklyd

I found Jesus when I was 15, does that count?

(actually I didn't but w/e)

I was thinking of something along the lines of "I met my Lord and Savior Jesus, and He has been with me ever since. Therefore, I see my hero every day."

Cheesy and sounds pretty pretentious, given the nature of this forum (and question).

Yes

was it me

topic: besides 'yeah i met jesus' (but unironically) no, not that i can think of. i did meet dr. lonnie johnson once and he turned out to be a really cool dude and pretty much my hero but he was just 'the guy who invented the super soaker' before i met him.

I firmly believe that if any could escape the clutches of death and space-time temporality, and covertly invent a time machine then travel into the future undetected, such that I might one day meet them despite their being born hundreds of years ago, it would be Leonardo Da Vinci. Thus I retain hope.

But no I have not, yet. Got some pics of some cool cosplayers, though.

Edited by Rehab

I firmly believe that if any could escape the clutches of death and space-time, and covertly invent a time machine then travel into the future undetected, such that I might one day meet them despite their being born hundreds of years ago, it would be Leonardo Da Vinci. Thus I retain hope.

But no I have not, yet. Got some pics of some cool cosplayers, though.

Cosplayers of Leonardo da Vinci?

all my heroes are either dead or in prison.

nah, many of them are actually dead. m. hedges, n. armstrong, bartolome de las casas. i still have a chance to meet andy mckee, though, another one of my musical heroes!

although, if i wanted to be lame and cheesy like those people that found jesus, i'd say nasa is pretty much just a hero factory for me. i may not know every researcher, engineer, astronaut, or custodian, but that government administration is pretty much where i feel like i began. it's the stuff of dreams there.

Edited by Phoenix Wright