QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first-interaction impressions are completely unreliable

i'd say that tops half of my first impressions hold

EDIT: case in point, my first impression of noted serenes forest dot net poster nightmarre

Edited by Integrity

generally, first impressions are not reliable. i don't trust anyone to accurately infer the way someone is based off of an initial meeting. and again, i mean this generally. one may of course come across people who are, for whatever reason, very easy to read.

generally, first impressions are not reliable. i don't trust anyone to accurately infer the way someone is based off of an initial meeting. and again, i mean this generally. one may of course come across people who are, for whatever reason, very easy to read.

i know a couple of people experienced in psychology who can fairly accurately "read" someone after some conversation

there's still no better first impression than

I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul

imo

there's still no better first impression than

imo

to have any semblance of an idea about what the fuck you're talking about, i googled it. for reference, he was talking about putin. this is what he said about the russian man-cannon:

"I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue. He's a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country and I appreciate very much the frank dialogue and that's the beginning of a very constructive relationship."

to have any semblance of an idea about what the fuck you're talking about, i googled it. for reference, he was talking about putin. this is what he said about the russian man-cannon:

"I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue. He's a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country and I appreciate very much the frank dialogue and that's the beginning of a very constructive relationship."

yeah that's the one

whenever I think my first impression of someone was hella off the mark, I remember that

and suddenly everything is alright

perspective is magical

I can tell two categories: RUN, CLIPSEY, RUN! and Okay. I'm learning how to make better judgments in the latter one (as it's a giant lump of People Who Don't Creep Me Out At First Sight).

everything

everything

but I like listening to Russian most, if I had to pick

I like speaking English most because I don't have to think too hard to get RESULTS, though I really do love the sense of accomplishment when I manage to properly communicate with someone, however basically, in a language I'm trying to learn.

Edited by Specta

Japanese for listening

Like, even before I knew what anime was I loved listening to Japanese songs and I dunno I guess I'm just a natural weeb ~o3o~

Also Gaelic

And English for speaking, I suppose, given that it's the only language I speak :c

I prefer speaking Chinese to English overall but it depends on the subject matter; I would not want to talk about professional stuff in Chinese for example because most of my formal education is american and if I knew Italian better I'd like to speak it more than English too but right now I only know how to speak simple sentences

I do prefer dio mio to oh my god though

I like listening to Italian and Latin and Icelandic

Edited by Thor Odinson