QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

I like to understand what I'm listening to, so either portuguese or english.

I prefer speaking in portuguese because I'm too self conscious about my accent while speaking english

Edited by NOBODY

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking: French because that's the only language I can speak properly.

Listening: Italian... Because it's a romance language and pretty... Japanese sounds good too... but I don't understand both of them...

Edited by Naughx

Ominous Latin Lyrics

Japanese and English.

日本語と英語。

Tagalog/Filipino sounds ugly on TV.

I mean I speak it every day... but just... those Asian dramas and game shows. Ugh.

Edited by shadowofchaos

my favorite language to speak from the two i can and one i used to be able to when i was very little and three or so i pretend to is easily english.

my favorite language to listen to is ..really hard. i love listening to most languages, even including tagalog. broadly speaking, i think my favorite languages to listen to fall under the indo-iranian branch of the language tree - or rather, the descendents of vedic sanskrit and of old persian. if i had to narrow it down to one it would probably be farsi. nightmarre cum hither ;)

Spanish and English/Icelandic.

English because I know it, and Icelandic because FUN.

Icelandic is hella fun, dude. I love how it still uses the eth.

Listening to? German, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic. Oh yes. And British English. The first four languages are like erotica for mine ears. Unf.

Speaking? English and Swedish. Still learning the latter. Bear with me.

Ominous Latin Lyrics

Japanese and English.

日本語と英語。

Tagalog/Filipino sounds ugly on TV.

I mean I speak it every day... but just... those Asian dramas and game shows. Ugh.

僕も~

I only know Japanese, English, and some Spanish. Listening to Japanese is great. Speaking in it is fun too, except when forming some sounds that make you trip up and sound stupid. べんり, ぺらぺら, etc. R sounds in quick succession can be a pain.

I can't really think of much to say about English since it's my mother tongue. It, uh, gets the job done I guess!

I like listening to Spanish, German, French, and I guess Japanese isn't bad. I only speak English (currently).

Native American languages are also really cool, though they have some crazy long words and names.

I'll be learning how to speak French and Algonquin some time in my university future, better get used to them.

Edited by Knight

i like to pretend i know japanese ( ._.);;

うぐう

かわいい

ですですです

にゃん

Just paste these randomly in your posts, it will impress everyone and make them think you are a katana-tongued mystery (wo)man