QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

i kinda just assume everyone is indifferent or dislikes me except for the few who expressed interest in being a friend.

i guess...if i really wanted to know if someone actually dislikes me, i would try to talk to them like 3 times i guess. magic number. knowing me i would probably think they hate me when they do not actually, but i'm not actually that good at determining it so maybe other people can use this method better? idk

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this question literally means what way would you prefer to find out, and unless people like 'flat-out being ignored', well

I, for one, would prefer to be more or less told up-front.

It depends on the relationship. if it's some random classmate I'm happy living in ignorance of there hatred towards me, but if it's someone like my mother she can send me a letter or something

this question literally means what way would you prefer to find out, and unless people like 'flat-out being ignored', well

Oh then, definitely up-front yes. I hate beating around the bush.

I dislike everyone who said they wanted to be told up-front whether people dislike them or not because even though I don't (or rather didn't) dislike them prior, I really hate the onus of having to tell people how I feel about them and would rather just let things be, either for the vast majority of cases or all cases.

zpqd.png

EDIT-As for my opinion on the question itself, I don't think I really care that much. If someone wants to suffer me in silence that's OK with me, but I'm also OK if they tell me they can't stand me. Well, if my parents told me something like that I'd probably be crushed.

EDIT2-No, I am not actually as awesome as Schenkopp.

Edited by SeverIan

The only time it'd be a problem if it was unrequited friendship, if that's a thing. Otherwise, if the person dislikes me they probably aren't a big part of my life.

The only time it'd be a problem if it was unrequited friendship, if that's a thing. Otherwise, if the person dislikes me they probably aren't a big part of my life.

Ya, there is such a thing as unrequited friendship. But once I realized my old friend didn't like me anymore, they became less important pretty quickly as I stopped hanging out with 'em. I used to think of him as my best friend, too.

Ya, there is such a thing as unrequited friendship. But once I realized my old friend didn't like me anymore, they became less important pretty quickly as I stopped hanging out with 'em. I used to think of him as my best friend, too.

;(

I guess I'm indifferent to this question because I don't think I've ever been told I wasn't liked by anyone who actually mattered to me, but I suppose if they did matter I would prefer to be told up front and honestly.

I only like people who like me tbh

So I make sure we're cool before we start hanging out and stuff.

Edited by Gaia

Not only do I demand it be up-front, I also want a reason. I always strive to improve myself!