QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

sonic 3d blast (genesis)

while it was a flawed game alright (sonic game without speed, haha), it had an amazing soundtrack at the very least

Played Flickies' Island a few months back after not touching it for maybe 10 or more years, maybe more.

Felt good getting all the Emeralds and beating the final floating head boss thing; I was quite happy and impressed with myself. The music does indeed make the game.

Hell I even have the Volcano Valley Zone Act 2 music burned onto a CD and playing in my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6bO_LjLOxg

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhh I love flickies islaaaaand/3d blaaaaast (fsr I always knew it more as flickies island and I coulda swore my sonic mega collection called it flickies island but when I try to look on an emulated version of it it called it 3d blast... (nothing to play gamecube games on anymore so I can't check the actual disc ;n;)

If it was poorly received then that makes me sadface, I really really really love the music

And yes the volcano act two song is one of my favouritestestest

Edited by Freohr Datia

I really like Skyward Sword, it wasn't really negatively received by critics, but a lot of Zelda fans think it's not that good. I actually liked the motion controls.

Also I really like MGS2, even Raiden, if you ignore the fact that the plot makes about as much sense as basket of fruit aspiring to become an inter-galactic warlord, it's a really fun game with a few good twists.

Ahhhhh I love flickies islaaaaand/3d blaaaaast (fsr I always knew it more as flickies island and I coulda swore my sonic mega collection called it flickies island but when I try to look on an emulated version of it it called it 3d blast... (nothing to play gamecube games on anymore so I can't check the actual disc ;n;)

If it was poorly received then that makes me sadface, I really really really love the music

And yes the volcano act two song is one of my favouritestestest

Both names are technically correct. But it's known in NA as Blast, for whatever reason.

And yeah, MGS2 as well. Played the hell out of that. The critics and Snake enthusiasts were mad that they got trolled by Hideo and his ingenious Tanker chapter. Not even the back of the box made any reveal towards Raiden and the plant chapter, leading people to believe the game was all SNAKE'S ON A BOAT.

Both names are technically correct. But it's known in NA as Blast, for whatever reason.

Yeah I know both are right~ I just find it strange that I always knew it as the european title. I coulda swore that's what my game called it though but now I'm confuzzled

Dude, I love Skyward Sword. I love the art style, the music, and I thought some of the gameplay changes were totally decent for its own place in the series. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I still love it.

I just assume everyone likes the games I like cause I have great taste.

if people hate kirbys epic yarn theyre fucking stupid, and thats the end of it p much

that game is really boring, i don't see the appeal at all. it's cute, it's adorable, it's really pretty, it can be calming (i've heard some say), but it's a boring game imo. unless its adorableness is enough for the player to play, which i totally understand.

i had no idea skyward sword or dark dawn were ill-received. like, i wanted to say ff13, but i don't really think that counts either. i can't really think of a game where i went against the grain of the general populace, as opposed to a very small group. so yeah, i guess dark dawn and ff12 and ff13 i enjoyed over those few, small, (annoyingly) vocal groups adamantly against them.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Question 370. What's the best way to find out someone dislikes you?

Not sarcasm. Literally, what's the best way to discover it.

Depends on the context. Sometimes it's better to feign nicety for the sake of group morale. But it's nice when people are forthcoming. I don't like spending my time on ingrates.

Question 372. What very poorly-received game did you personally really enjoy?

Lego Island 2? I have no idea.

Edited by Makaze

The same.

Generally I don't seem to play games that are considered mediocre or bad but I liked Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

tbh i can't think of any significant amount of people who disliked dmomm. it got kind of lame critical review iirc but it seems to be held in modest esteem by people.

my answer will have to wait until i get home

tbh i can't think of any significant amount of people who disliked dmomm. it got kind of lame critical review iirc but it seems to be held in modest esteem by people.

my answer will have to wait until i get home

Perhaps that's the case - mainly people complained about technical issues but I never really had a problem, but the game was fun at what it did and not so good at others. (story)

Kicking Simulator 2006, in essense.

Edited by Tryhard

now as i am home the answer is

empire total war

don't get me wrong, it's a total war game and therefore subject to general critical praise and woo total war creative assembly woo, but something to the tune of a hyperbolic 95% of people who like total war games call it the worst.

well eat shit, i love that game.

there are a number of poorly-received (fan and critical) games that i like/liked too, but this is the only one i'm particularly passionate about.

EDIT NOTE TO LATER PEOPLE: i literally mean vanilla e:tw, take your darth mod and go packing

Edited by Integrity

empire total war

don't get me wrong, it's a total war game and therefore subject to general critical praise and woo total war creative assembly woo, but something to the tune of a hyperbolic 95% of people who like total war games call it the worst.

there are a number of poorly-received (fan and critical) games that i like/liked too, but this is the only one i'm particularly passionate about.

EDIT NOTE TO LATER PEOPLE: i literally mean vanilla e:tw, take your darth mod and go packing

Agreed. And Rome II has been the Empire debacle all over again.

OH MAN. . .Let's start with NieR, then branch into Beatmania IIDX (the American version was not well-received), and then wander into FFTA, FF13 (if the fanbase is any indication), and end with Spectral Force Genesis (DO NOT ASK).

holy shit. It is possible to like spectral forces genesis.

empire total war

CONTROVERSY

I have never actually tried Empire/Napoleon, so I can't say so much. It's just a time period that doesn't interest me as much.

Rome II had a terrible launch and I still like that to a degree, though, so who knows.

Mega Man Battle Network 4- I agree with most people that it's the worst of the series (although I haven't played the fifth one, so disregarding that one), but I still really enjoyed it despite all of its flaws (and there were so, so many flaws) by virtue of Battle Network having a really fucking good battle system (which basically carries the games IMO).

Mega Man II (Game Boy)- Don't really have much to say about this one, people seem to dislike it because it's really different than the other ones (and I'd agree that it's more shoddily made overall) and the music is too high pitched. Neither of these things really bothered me, and it was like Mega Man 2 combined with Mega Man 3 (not as good as that combination might make you think, but still pretty cool) so...

Riviera: The Promised Land- It got decent critical reception from what I remember (granted, not many people reviewed it to begin with), but a lot of people I talk too who've actually played it seem to hate it or find it insufferably boring for some reason. I...don't get their issues with it at all? Like if you abuse the Practice to grind levels (which wasn't even a feature in the Wonderswan original), then yeah it's incredibly easy; otherwise, though? It's basically everything I wanted FF13 to be; an actually streamlined RPG with an interesting battle system (and the leveling mechanics are pretty neat as well) and well...I just kind of enjoyed everything about the game, really? I dunno, is a good game.

Phoenix Wright: Justice for All- Franziska von Karma.