QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

CONTROVERSY

I have never actually tried Empire/Napoleon, so I can't say so much. It's just a time period that doesn't interest me as much.

Rome II had a terrible launch and I still like that to a degree, though, so who knows.

napoleon was much better received than empire iirc, tightened the game up a lot

i think fall of the samurai is the objectively best total war experience but empire will always hold a special place in my heart

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that Super Smash Brothers Brawl counts, right?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl received critically positive reviews,[11] with praise for the game's entertainment value, despite issues relating to its loading times.[9] The game's musical score, composed through a collaboration by 38 renowned video game composers,[12] was lauded for its representation of different generations in gaming history.[13]Brawl received an aggregate review score of 93% on Metacritic[11] and 92.84% on Game Rankings,[14] and was ranked "Fighting Game of the Year" for 2008 by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences.[15] In 2010, the game was included as one of the titles in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die.[16] As of March 31, 2014, it is the ninth best-selling Wii game, with a total of 12.14 million copies sold worldwide.[17]

Super Smash Bros. Brawl received critically positive reviews,[11] with praise for the game's entertainment value, despite issues relating to its loading times.[9] The game's musical score, composed through a collaboration by 38 renowned video game composers,[12] was lauded for its representation of different generations in gaming history.[13]Brawl received an aggregate review score of 93% on Metacritic[11] and 92.84% on Game Rankings,[14] and was ranked "Fighting Game of the Year" for 2008 by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences.[15] In 2010, the game was included as one of the titles in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die.[16] As of March 31, 2014, it is the ninth best-selling Wii game, with a total of 12.14 million copies sold worldwide.[17]

a lot of smash's hardcore (ie people who actually talk about it on the internet seriously) audience dislike brawl and favour melee because of some shit nobody really cares about

Edited by fuccboi

Phoenix Wright: Justice for All- Franziska von Karma.

such perfection

(... at least in the third onwards, which rather undermines your point, but still)

such perfection

(... at least in the third onwards, which rather undermines your point, but still)

Ssshhhhhh, it gets points for introducing her. I also really enjoyed the last case for what it's worth.

Ssshhhhhh, it gets points for introducing her. I also really enjoyed the last case for what it's worth.

Also fair, and her character development does start in 2.4, which is in my view the best case in the series. (ngl the final straw in me getting into the series was being spammed with art of franziska's face, so)

2.3 though... ... ... despair.

People disliked these games??

There's more dislike and poor reception for the Bubsy series (although Bubsy 3D takes the cake) than some of the games/series others here answered with.

Edited by BLS

Refa bringing up JFA reminds me I really like Apollo Justice.

The first case is so amazing IMO. I also like the third case. Not a huge fan of the second and the fourth, except when you see Kristoph's psyche locks.

Not so much poorly critically received because I'm pretty sure every AC game had at least a respectable score by reputable critics, but AC3's pretty hated by the fandom at large and, well, fuck'em.

I like AC3.

i was waiting for somebody to post exactly that and fortunately you made my point extremely easy to make:

minority

minority

minority

minority

minority

minority

minority

minority

minority

minority

fire emblem awakening was excellently received

fire emblem awakening was excellently received

yeah, the amount of praise it got was unreal; makes me feel like i missed something that everyone else got.

a lot of smash's hardcore (ie people who actually talk about it on the internet seriously) audience dislike brawl and favour melee because of some shit nobody really cares about

This is why i like you. Brawl's physics hated me, but i was ok with the game.

As for me, i liked Drakkhen. Yeah that crazy old SNES game. No one likes that game, but i do. I also loved Super Paper Mario which, while wasnt negatively received, it didnt have the praise TTYD or even the first game had. (it is hard to top TTYD tbh...)

I derived enjoyment from Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, though admittedly I would only put it so far above the "6/10 completely unredeemable" range the reviews I saw did

In terms of fan response and "I might agree/see the points but also can enjoy it anyway," Brawl (I'm one of those) and The Old Republic

In terms of the response itself being poor, Elite Beat Agents should have sold ten times what it did you fucking guys

or, maybe, like, 1.5x at least

basically I'm bitter that I didn't get another

This is why i like you. Brawl's physics hated me, but i was ok with the game.

As for me, i liked Drakkhen. Yeah that crazy old SNES game. No one likes that game, but i do. I also loved Super Paper Mario which, while wasnt negatively received, it didnt have the praise TTYD or even the first game had. (it is hard to top TTYD tbh...)

Drakkhen was an awesome game to suck at (or watch people suck at). I remember watching my brother or maybe my brother's friend play it. He went in this big world map area at one point and then got attacked by a super powerful dragon iirc that he was no match for. The game seemed to lack much rhyme or reason.