QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the title is concise and the latest answers correlate with it I'll just go from the title. If the question is vague or the answers make me go "what" I'll read the question in its entirety. And yes I read the question in thread today. I felt there was something there.

I usually read both, though I mostly have the answer in mind after I've read the title unless I need to read a more specific description to clarify.

If the title is concise and the latest answers correlate with it I'll just go from the title. If the question is vague or the answers make me go "what" I'll read the question in its entirety. And yes I read the question in thread today. I felt there was something there.

Same.

this is pretty alright

realtalk it's generally pretty hard or at least requires conscious effort to read everyone's answers and somehow skip only the post with the question

so for me it's especially unlikely that I'd not read the post

i3LXSlH9bdZpW.gif

HYPERCUBE
it just has a cool name and there was a really pretty desktop background I used to have of one just kind of
~changing~

tl;dr I liked them before The Avengers made them cool

if you want a real answer it'll take me a while to think of one

also I feel like I might be forgetting something that's even cooler

I like shapes with five projecting points, so pentagons, stars and the sort. Four points are also cool, squares, diamonds, compasses. I don't like 3 pointed shapes that much, mostly cause their overused and cliche. 7 and up is too much, 6 is pushing it but I love tessalating hexagons. (I put too much thought into this answer.)

Who's idea was this question...

I'd say circle, becaus why not

i3LXSlH9bdZpW.gif

HYPERCUBE

it just has a cool name and there was a really pretty desktop background I used to have of one just kind of

~changing~

tl;dr I liked them before The Avengers made them cool

Isnt that shit like in the fourth dimension, which is a pretty good reason to like it, i guess :P

reuleaux triangle because it's fucking cool.

imo extra-spacial geometric shapes don't count because we don't know what those look like concretely.

[21:42:21] <euklyd> Parrhesia I'm assuming "favorite shape" does not necessarily have to be 2-dimensional

[21:42:31] <Parrhesia> i don't mind

[21:42:40] <Parrhesia> i put geometric in the question but i don't actually know what geometric means

[21:42:43] <Parrhesia> so

[21:43:10] <euklyd> "of or relating to geometry, or according to its methods."

[21:43:17] <euklyd> ah here we go

[21:43:18] <euklyd> "the branch of mathematics concerned with the properties and relations of points, lines, surfaces, solids, and higher dimensional analogs."

[21:43:37] <Parrhesia> seems like that just means 'any shape'

[21:43:38] <Parrhesia> sweet

also

that last part is still true however I stand by my choice for now

there are shapes that I like because they're pretty and there are shapes that are cool (not necessarily aesthetically)