Mario Kart 8

kingddd

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAFAHSFKJAFAWDHFJKDASHFKAHFKJSAHSKJFHAKJHFJKASHFJ

ZOOOMG I BOUGHT DA DLC: Thanks to maximuscards.com I got the coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys and LINK! So much joy :awesome:

Now, regarding today's DLC , I kind of wanted a Gold Kart clone Merc Benz but I do understand the Standard, Pipe and Badwagon are the most representative karts in the game, so I'm ok with it. Concerning design and aesthetics, GLA!MM/PGP and 300 SL Roadster!Peach because canon (the latter).

#PeachMonth

EDIT: Also, I have 14K coins aprox.

Edited by Quintessence

I have 26K coins (you'd have a lot of coins too if you came to the tournament on time, Quint). Scanning the other play stats for the first time, I feel like being saved by Lakitu 804 times is a lot.

#PullaDijon

You should totally stick with the Orange Yoshi Mustard. Also, what. Royal Raceway is my fave track. SWEET SWEET CANYON SHOULD TOTALLY TAKE ITS PLACE.

Oh yeah, speaking of courses, I'd love for Daisy Circuit and Waluigi Stadium to make a return. The latter was my favorite one in MKWii along with Rainbow Road with Daisy Circuit being second.

Why don't I mention Luigi Circuit? Because frankly, that track was boring and lame. Once again, Luigi got the short end of the stick...

According to my stat page...

Favorite Course - CC

Favorite Character - Rosalina

Favorite Vehicle - Circuit Special

Favorite Tires - Slick

Favorite Glider - Peach Parasol

It's scary how accurate it is.

#PullaDijon

You should totally stick with the Orange Yoshi Mustard. Also, what. Royal Raceway is my fave track. SWEET SWEET CANYON SHOULD TOTALLY TAKE ITS PLACE.

At the moment, I'm unleashing my alter ego, Dark Dijon, on regional online. Black Yoshi, black GLA, black glider, slick tires, and more triple reds than ever. It's an evil version of me, basically.

Luck is definitely not on me today. I keep getting triple red shelled by 2nd place players for the last 15 games or so and all cases I had no defense items because coins keeps stacking on me.

Okay, this is complete bullshit. Only the gamepad can make the map available on the TV. I don't use the gamepad. And I bet there are plenty of people who use Pro controllers who would like to be able to use the map as well. Goddammit Nintendo, you were doing so good with the DLC announcements as well. :facepalm:

EDIT: NVM I'M A FUCKING IDIOT

Edited by Gaia

Stat page? I've never seen that in the game before. How do you check it?

It was added with the update. Check the game mode selection screen. Do you see something that wasn't there before?

At the moment, I'm unleashing my alter ego, Dark Dijon, on regional online. Black Yoshi, black GLA, black glider, slick tires, and more triple reds than ever. It's an evil version of me, basically.

Only allowed because DLC celebration, otherwise Prance/Cushion is your thing. Haven't experimented such stuff because STUDY IS PRIORITY.

Also ana, press minus on the select mode screen.

My stats are as follows:

Favorite Course - N64 Yoshi Yalley (this is only because people keep picking this track in online races and battles. I actually dislike this track quite a bit. >_<)

Favorite Character - Iggy (I thought for sure it'd be Luigi. Well, either way, I try to rotate out the characters I use and I'm going to lay off the Iggy and switch to someone else)

Favorite Vehicle - Gold Special (this was likely from my early online Mario Kart 8 days where I'd show off my full Gold setup online)

Favorite Tires - Slick (I like the high top speed boost they give, and Black Slick tires looks more appealing with more kart combinations than Purple Slick tires do)

Favorite Glider - Gold Glider (mainly because I really like showing off the hardest to obtain kart part to people online)

I updated and it's true. While I was checking and changing some settings on the Tournament group, the max VR settings allowed to play was 99,999 ratings as an option.

Chances are they did it because they found out a lot of people were maxing out and they bumped it up.

Looking at my records, I have 8900 coins collected. Dang guess I'm somewhat close to a gold glider.

(sniff) ...well, at least being tied with many people around the world for the best online racing ranking in Mario Kart 8 was fun while it lasted. Too bad it was only for 3 weeks...

And to think that it was only a week ago that I went back to Mario Kart 8's ranked online to max out my Battle Mode ranking, and enjoy having both my VR and BR maxed and show it off as a Miiverse screenshot.

I know I'm making quite a big deal about this. But, this is the first time I ever tried getting a good online ranking in a game. Going from 1000 to 9999 felt completely possible and doable, and finally reaching that goal when it required facing and winning against people all across the world felt totally awesome (since I literally showed the world my skills and came out on top). But now that the max VR has went one digit higher, I'm literally back to the 10% point of maxing out my VR and getting closer to the max VR will be 10 times more ridiculous (or very likely even more since low VR racers will make VR awarding leniency even worse with VR gaps being bigger for 5 digit VR people).

99,999?

Rando, you have to be INSANE to attempt to get there. o_o

Or just extremely dedicated.

I'd say I'm both insane and extremely dedicated, but not enough to go for 99,999. I already went through so much frustration and anger going from 9500 to 9999 VR due to VR awarding leniency being bad at those VR ranges and luck not being on my side. It even went to the point where I never wanted to touch ranked racing ever again, unless it was on another Wii U account.

...well, maybe I will go back when the first DLC cups/tracks are available and/or when there are enough 10,000-20,000 VR racers I can mooch off of for VR.

On the topics of both high VR and 9999 VR caps, I realized I haven't posted my two latest highlight reels in this thread, so I'll do so now. This one is me getting 1st place in a race where everyone's VR is in the 9000-9999 range (which you could imagine was quite intense and hard to pull off):

This one is the race where I finally maxed out my VR (or, what was the max VR at the time):

Ah, thanks, guys. I'll go check out my stats then in a bit. :)

And I bet you went through a lot of frustration, Rando. Geez! I don't think I'd want to touch ranked racing again either. I mean, I never again wanted to attempt SMG2's Daredevil run of Grandmaster Galaxy again after finally beating it, so yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Wah i dislike how the speed is based on weight and not on more random things. I want baby Luigi to be fast again :<

Heavyweights in Mario Kart were always speed characters in previous Mario Kart titles. Lightweights were always the slowest character even in Mario Kart Wii.

Besides you can customize your karts to alleviate this but they will still have hidden stats that prevent them from getting the max speed.

Edited by kingddd

I got my stats.

Favorite course: Cloudtop Cruise (probably because you all pick it so dang much in the tourney, ugh. My real favorite is Rainbow Road as I've said before. :P)

Favorite character: Luigi (major duh lol)

Favorite vehicle: Flame Rider (another major duh, I've been using it in everything)

Favorite wheels: Crimson Slim (I think they're called that? But yeah, I like how they look with the Flame Rider, so I've been using them in everything too)

Heavyweights in Mario Kart were always speed characters in previous Mario Kart titles. Lightweights were always the slowest character even in Mario Kart Wii.

Besides you can customize your karts to alleviate this but they will still have hidden stats that prevent them from getting the max speed.

I suppose. I just feel like baby luigi was a lot faster in Mario Kart Wii than in this game. In this game he feels clunky and slow. Also in Mario Kart the characters had bonuses to things so yes baby luigi was not the fastest but he was the 3rd fastest IIRC tying with baby Daisy (not counting mini Turbo).

My stats say that

Sherbet Land is my favorite course (guilty as charged)
Baby Rosalina is my favorite character (Technically, I've switched to only playing Middleweights, but I did play her a lot)
I use the Biddybuggy a ton.

Idk about the wheels, I forgot.

However, I love all the Mercedes parts, especially the GLA and the Speedster. They mesh so well, and I love the GLA's colors. Really, I love Luigi on a Benz. However, I'm totally maining Isabelle, even If she's light. I love Animal Crossing.

However, I feel that a Nintendo Land Kart featuring the twelve Nintendo Land series and adding Wario, Kirby, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade would be amazing.

I'm kinda stalking Maester (can I still call you that ^) at the moment so I'll just do what he's doing.

Favorite Character: Toadette

Favorite Kart: Cat Cruiser

Favorite Wheels: Slick

Favorite Glider: Plane Glider Thingy

Favorite Course: Toad Harbor

(That was from memory).

Excited for later! Bust out the GLA's!