Do you think FE 14 will be a sequel to awakening?

ClassyWolf

I sure hope it wont be, due to things that have been stated in these forums several times.

I really hope it's just gonna be an entirely new game (which I think awakening should have been, a game of it's own in the series instead of a sequel) or a remake of gaiden.

Your thought?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It most likely will be related to the story in some form. A sequel is unlikely as the story leaves no really major plot lines hanging, despite whatever faults I believe it has. There is the Earth Dragons plotline but if the next game used that plot line, it would make more of a sequel to FE3/FE12 since that game used the Earth Dragons plotline more than Awakening.

I can see a prequel or an alternate future based game happening though.

I sure hope it wont be, due to things that have been stated in these forums several times.

I really hope it's just gonna be an entirely new game (which I think awakening should have been, a game of it's own in the series instead of a sequel) or a remake of gaiden.

Your thought?

I more or less have the same thoughts. If FE14 is a sequel to Awakening, the only way they can get away with not pissing off the fanbase is using characters from there with no mention of the pairings involved (which would be a challenge inof itself). I'm also hoping for a Gaiden remake as well; it's the only game I haven't played in some form. Though I would hope they would update the mechanics to make it similar to other Fire Emblems, as well as change up certain aspects of the story to make it more exciting.

I know FE4 is one of the most desired games as far as remakes go, but I think Gaiden needs the love far more.

Now that I think about it, there's an idea I just had. If, for some of the older games in the series, instead of making them as their own game, make them DLC for an existing game. It should cut down on development time drastically.

there's actually a distinct advantage to FE13's flimsy plot in this respect: there really isn't anything to go on to give it a sequel, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief there

that said, it did feel sort of like it was setting up its own prequel with all that talk of the "first exalt", but imo it's both vague and detached from the FE13 story enough that should they go through with it, it has a good chance of not dealing with all the simplified baggage of FE13. on the other hand, since when has any FE game been about the precursor heroes? they didn't even try milking Anri despite having four opportunities to do so; i have a feeling they won't start now

I can see a prequel or an alternate future based game happening though.

Wasn't FP the alternate timline thing (dunno cause I never played the DLC, why spend more money on a game I already don't like).

I know FE4 is one of the most desired games as far as remakes go, but I think Gaiden needs the love far more.

I've acctually played gaiden, and I liked it, and I whish for a remake so more people could play it... and so I could play it in english without emulation

Now that I think about it, there's an idea I just had. If, for some of the older games in the series, instead of making them as their own game, make them DLC for an existing game. It should cut down on development time drastically.

I would acctually rather have a game, especialy if it's a game that has nothing to do with the game it would be DLC for, as a hard copy I go and by, but thats me.

NO. I don't want anymore Marth universe games. Not for a long time. It's been milked enough. Two remakes and then a game that takes place in the same world but thousands of years later? And all in a ROW? That's kind of overkill. I'm not saying to permanently retire it, but taking a break for awhile would be nice.

I want a brand new world again. That's completely unrelated to any of the others we've seen so far, even Tellius. Brand new land, new characters, new FEverse entirely. Plz, IS.

Edited by Anacybele

there's actually a distinct advantage to FE13's flimsy plot in this respect: there really isn't anything to go on to give it a sequel, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief there

that said, it did feel sort of like it was setting up its own prequel with all that talk of the "first exalt", but imo it's both vague and detached from the FE13 story enough that should they go through with it, it has a good chance of not dealing with all the simplified baggage of FE13. on the other hand, since when has any FE game been about the precursor heroes? they didn't even try milking Anri despite having four opportunities to do so; i have a feeling they won't start now

About a game with Anri, I have and idea for that that I don't know popular it is... make it a game like legend of zelda. that's my idea how it could be done since Anri pretty much traveld and did his shit alone.

NO. I don't want anymore Marth universe games. Not for a long time. It's been milked enough. Two remakes and then a game that takes place in the same world but thousands of years later? And all in a ROW? That's kind of overkill. I'm not saying to permanently retire it, but taking a break for awhile would be nice.

I want a brand new world again. That's completely unrelated to any of the others we've seen so far, even Tellius. Brand new land, new characters, new FEverse entirely. Plz, IS.

Awakening does so little with Archanea's plot (and ignores/retcons what it does reference) aside from simply being based in it that it hardly counts and is pretty much a new world anyway.

I'm not really expecting a sequel(mostly because of what Holsety said), but I'm really hoping that they make a game on the first hero who sealed Grima prior to Awakening. Then there's also the possibility of a new continent, which I'm completely fine with, so long as the storytelling is good. I'm also really picky about graphics apparently, and I don't play the GBA games because the color palette burns my eyes. So hopefully that won't be an issue.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

I would acctually rather have a game, especialy if it's a game that has nothing to do with the game it would be DLC for, as a hard copy I go and by, but thats me.

I know making an old Fire Emblem game DLC for an existing game seems like a crazy idea, though I think that might be an inevitable progression. Awakening brought in a large number of new fans to the series, and things like the SpotPass teams, and the DLC Legacy maps exposed these players to a number of the major players of several of the old games. Naturally, they may want to play these old games, but these games are either incredibly expensive, or there's no 'legal' way to play these games. I don't think IS would want to work on a new remake game so soon (not after FE11 and 12) unless it was a massive overhaul of the original game, enough to warrent people wanting to purchase it.

Though I could see them making a game DLC like this if they come up with the idea. They'd already have the game engine and models more or less built already, and the maps are easy enough. The only thing I'd see needing any serious work would be conversations between characters.

Though I'm a bit skeptical of the idea myself, I'd support the idea if it meant us getting these games.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

I don't play the GBA games because the color palette burns my eyes. So hopefully that won't be an issue.

Ahh, original GBA, why did you think not having a backlight was a good idea in any way?

Awakening does so little with Archanea's plot (and ignores/retcons what it does reference) aside from simply being based in it that it hardly counts and is pretty much a new world anyway.

Yeah, but there's still a lot of Marth references, Tiki exists, and it takes place in Marth's land, just a couple thousand years in the future.

Of course. Awakening was the most successful of the previous Fire Emblems. People who are new to the series will expect references to it.

So was mystery of the emblem for snes, and honestly, if it's a sequel to awakeing, I'm not sure I'll even buy it (LIKE NINTENDO CARES....capslock yay!).

And awakening is already a sequel of a sequel of a remake, I think we can have a pause from said world, no matter how popular it is.

And part of the reason I didn't like awakening's story was because of the retconing and unexplained events (elitism!!) and that it couldn't keep it's shit straight in it's own game... I just hope the next game is completely seperated from awakening.

References to Awakening is just fine. I don't doubt that this will eventually happen either. But it doesn't have to be a sequel or prequel or anything to reference previous games. Awakening itself is proof of this because it also referenced several other FE titles.

To my mind Awakening was a "best of Fire Emblem".

Important characters from the first very one like Marth, Tiki or Nagi return in the story or are even playable. And there is the reverence to the Tellius series with Priam, who replaces Ike´s character. And you can use characters from previous gmes through beating the spotpass and DLC maps.

So I expect a totally new story unrelated to other FE sections.

So was mystery of the emblem for snes, and honestly, if it's a sequel to awakeing, I'm not sure I'll even buy it (LIKE NINTENDO CARES....capslock yay!).

And awakening is already a sequel of a sequel of a remake, I think we can have a pause from said world, no matter how popular it is.

And part of the reason I didn't like awakening's story was because of the retconing and unexplained events (elitism!!) and that it couldn't keep it's shit straight in it's own game... I just hope the next game is completely seperated from awakening.

Well Awakening had Priam who came completely out of nowhere. Also he's related to Ike. Possibly another game in the Tellius world?

Edit: Ana, the reason for no Joshua is because Marisa has boobs and he doesn't.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

I wouldn't mind another Tellius game, but at the same time, I don't want one because I hated RD's ending for the most part.

Wel it wouldn't be that hard to make. Take all the models from Awakening and make Priam the new main character. And create a whole new story.

I personally am hoping for a remake of one of the other games.

FE4: It's FE4. I'd love a remake.

FE5: Make it more playable, and take out some of the unfair things (Oh I don't know, the infamous escaping thing. You all know what I'm talking about.) Keep fatigue and dismount in.

FE6: 7-8 were localized and this one could really use some changes, mainly with some weapon hit rates. Plus I love this game and would love to see it remade.

FE7: While it doesn't really need a remake, it would still be cool to see one.

FE8: Actually, I'm hoping for a sequel to this one over anything else. It's the only world that's not expanded on at all. But even so, a remake would be awesome, especially with some added content.

Now to the actual question. I think that it's a high probability because Awakening was so popular. If they want to make a sequel, they will find a way to come up with a plot. On the other hand, Awakening has done what it was supposed to do. Saved the series. That means IS can leave Awakening behind and start on something new.

I think Awakening is more loved for its gameplay than story though. Just take Awakening's great gameplay (with some tweaks though, since people have complained that pair-up is too broken and stuff) and stick it into another story and we should have another successful FE.

I think Awakening is more loved for its gameplay than story though. Just take Awakening's great gameplay (with some tweaks though, since people have complained that pair-up is too broken and stuff) and stick it into another story and we should have another successful FE.

in all honesty, I would rather take RD gameplay, hight differences, two magic triangles, ballistae, victory conditions, fog of war, second promotions.

And I would not have second seals and do some skills like SS (rogues have pick while thiefs and asassins have lockpics, and make rouge a utility unit and not a fighter), if there are monsters then slayer could be reintrodused for bishops (why wasn't this in awakening?) and make more difference between the classes than there are in awakening... or at least make the classes so that they are useable and not like awakening where there are classes highly suppirior to others (granted this has been a problem in several FE:s).