Changing the Main Character in Fe7

Darkelont

Hello! I have a question: like the title says, is there a way to change the Main Character in FE7 (possibly more than 1 time)?

Like, the Prologue has Lyn as a Main Character, the Chapter 1 has Eliwood, the Chapter 2 has Hector, the Chapter 3 has Eliwood, etc etc...

You'll have to clarify what you mean, first. Are you asking if you could do it theoretically? Then the answer is definitely yes, with some restrictions, and you'd need a few patches to get it working, as well as some event and basic hex editing knowledge.

For the Main Character, i mean the guy where the autocursor goes, the guy that appears as main character when you select the "Status" option in the in-battle menu. Can i do it without patches? Cause i already started the hack :\

assuming there's no addressing conflicts, which is why my utility hacks (mostly) come with source code that is easilly rebuilt at a newly specified address

but

FEditor just kind of shoves its auto patches where it wants to, tough nuts

You could always patch a utility hack onto a clean ROM and use a diff to reverse engineer the hack and apply it manually.