What is the glitchiest mess you have ever played?

solrocknroll

Donkey kong 64 though i never did glitches at the time cause i didn't know what they were/did.

Other than that, a ROM for Final Fantasy 12, going through the mines when getting zalera is really glitchy, like things just disappear and the colour just becomes brownish one. Its like everyone gets high on mist.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borderlands 2

Harmony of Dissonance in the Aria + Harmony combo ROM

Skyward Sword's motion controls

Every other online first/third person shooter

in that order, off the top of my head

Edited by Kaname

except for when they were

the hardware being shit still counts as the motion controls being glitchy and I have hours of footage demonstrating the issue

Go and post them. When I played SS I had absolutely no issues with the controls. It really strikes me as a matter of taste and whether or not you liked the motion controls personally.

I'd still argue Sonic Genesis on the GBA is worse, especially the principle of it being a terrible butcher of a good game rather than a game that was bad from its inception.

But arguing which trash is worse is futile.

Actually 06 was pretty promising before Sony and Microsoft gave Sega the rush ultimatum. Had a night and day system, more free roam (alternate routes like the genesis games that didn't return till Generations), Silver had more powers and was faster among many other things, the music was at least still amazing and Shadows story was at least solid. Overall a poor game yes. Its still enjoyable in certain aspects though.

Sonic Genesis can go right to hell though

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Sonic 360 is a real travesty. I found it astounding how obviously-unfinished it is when I watched the Game Grumps play it (incidentally, probably the best way to experience just how bad that game is behehe). I would have very much liked to see how it could have turned out if they were given the proper time for it...

Go and post them. When I played SS I had absolutely no issues with the controls. It really strikes me as a matter of taste and whether or not you liked the motion controls personally.

I already have posted them. My stream isn't hard to find. It's linked in my sig even.

It's definitely not a matter of taste. The motion plus is connected using the shitty nunchuk port, which isn't remotely stable.

Sonic 360 is a real travesty. I found it astounding how obviously-unfinished it is when I watched the Game Grumps play it (incidentally, probably the best way to experience just how bad that game is behehe). I would have very much liked to see how it could have turned out if they were given the proper time for it...

Brainscratchcomms and Hellfirecomms runs of the games are much more informal on what could have been while being amazingly funny.

Then again I dislike Game Grumps with a passion

Skyward Sword's motion controls

You might not like them, but they definitely aren't glitchy, unless you have like a dud Wiimote+ or something. Like okay, Stabbing is a little unresponsive, but that's about it, the controls do exactly what they're meant to at least 90% of the time and are not doing what they mean to due to user error the other 10%. Like, people speedrun SS and I think I've seen very few mistakes occur due to bad swinging or swing direction, because the motion controls just work.

You might not like them, but they definitely aren't glitchy, unless you have like a dud Wiimote+ or something. Like okay, Stabbing is a little unresponsive, but that's about it, the controls do exactly what they're meant to at least 90% of the time and are not doing what they mean to due to user error the other 10%. Like, people speedrun SS and I think I've seen very few mistakes occur due to bad swinging or swing direction, because the motion controls just work.

Yeah, this. His problems might be related to the connection between his wiimote and the motion plus, but that doesn't mean the controls are glitchy.

I myself used the motion+ and had no problems, and I'm sure with a wiimote+ they work exactly like they're supposed to. Hardware problem != controls of a game being glitchy.

Edited by Nobody

The motion plus is the controller of the game. How is that not a glitch with the controls if it doesn't work?

It's not a glitch. It's a feature, designed to test your skills and patience.

Just like snaking in Mario Kart DS was intended, and wavedashing in SSB Melee was intended.

In all honesty, the controls aren't that bad. But I wish I could slap the guy that decided to use motion control for pointing instead of IR, which is faster and more accurate (i.e. flat-out superior).

Personally I had trouble with SkySword's motion controls as well, although it's not what I would call a glitch or a matter of taste in my case (I liked the motion controls in Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 just fine). I felt like I was being pretty clear with it, but stabbing and in some cases flying were just too maddening to make it feel worthwhile. It's a shame, because the game looks like it's still maintaining the LoZ series' standards of creativity and stuff.

Brainscratchcomms and Hellfirecomms runs of the games are much more informal on what could have been while being amazingly funny.

Then again I dislike Game Grumps with a passion

Well I can only say what I know, and I'll admit the Game Grumps Sonic 06 run was very overly long and only occasionally dispersed with funny moments (at least for my standards). Maybe I'll check them out. *shrug*

I never had an issue with stabbing, but flying was a pain in the ass. I only learned how to make it bearable.

I already have posted them. My stream isn't hard to find. It's linked in my sig even.

Why should I look for a stream for a point you bring up?

It's definitely not a matter of taste. The motion plus is connected using the shitty nunchuk port, which isn't remotely stable.

It was really stable for me. Buy a case.

Edited by Lord Raven

Why should I look for a stream for a point you bring up?

Are you being serious? Nobody said any of you had to criticize my post, which was on topic and in response to the OP. If you're going to pry then do some of the work yourself.

It was really stable for me. Buy a case.

...your recommendation for solving a problem with a product is to give the people who made it more money? Especially when

I wish I could slap the guy that decided to use motion control for pointing instead of IR, which is faster and more accurate (i.e. flat-out superior).

It's not a glitch. It's a feature, designed to test your skills and patience.

Just like snaking in Mario Kart DS was intended, and wavedashing in SSB Melee was intended.

I'm not sure how those are related. Snaking and wavedashing are positive things you can use to your advantage, not negative things you have to cope with. Speaking of snaking, I used to be very good at it and found that it made the game a lot more enjoyable than the luck based item BS that it would have been otherwise. A few years later I tried to do it again and was painfully reminded of the strain it puts on your hands if you're not used to it. I've felt the same way about wavedashing even though I can't even make use of it because, again, it's something you can use positively, not something you have to put up with that's negative.

Edited by Kaname

Are you being serious? Nobody said any of you had to criticize my post, which was on topic and in response to the OP. If you're going to pry then do some of the work yourself.

If you bring up a point and say "I have proof!" then the burden of proof is on you. I'm not sifting through your youtube channel when you can easily embed it on your post. I frankly don't care and your issue is with stability, which...

...your recommendation for solving a problem with a product is to give the people who made it more money?

You can always buy it third party for like 5 bucks. Why would you complain about a game with easy to fix controls? In which case, it's not glitchy, you just don't want to fix the issue and instead want to take a stand against Nintendo for motion controls.

Edited by Lord Raven

I found it astounding how obviously-unfinished it is when I watched the Game Grumps play it (incidentally, probably the best way to experience just how bad that game is behehe).

Pokecapn's LP is the original that extensively brought out its terribleness to the masses without having to play it and the LPers are slowly and gradually transistioning from disappointment into utter madness.

Also since we're talking about glitchy ports, The Settlers DS.

How to take a solid PC game from 20 years ago and make it a laggy, glitchy mess. Also literally piling on junk data in the background until the game crashes.

Delightfully Glitchy games I've played

Fallout:New Vegas (PC)

Skyrim (PC)

The New Superman Aventures (N64)

Gunpoint (PC)

Magicka (PC)

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress: Histories of X and Y (PC) (Alpha)

Frustratingly Glitchy Games I have played

Warframe (PC) (Free-To-Play) (Beta)

Fallout:New Vegas (PC)

Attack on Titan Fan-Game (PC) (Free-To-Play) (Alpha?)

Skyrim (PC)

Superman 64. (N64)

Magicka (PC)

Honorable Mentions I have not played

Goat Simulator (PC) (On purpose)

Big Rigs (PC) (Pre-Alpha Full-priced Commercial Release) (Crime against video games)

^ You uh, mentioned Skyrim twice.

Goat simulator looks like an absolute delight.

And Magicka. And Fallout : New Vegas. Not sure about Superman.

It is most certainly on purpose.

Goat Simulator indeed seems wonderfull. There was also a GTA mod that changed everyone human into horses. I need to search the link.

The only glitchy mess I can mention was the old patch from FE2. Notably, the famous Excalibur/Ragnarok Glitch (froze the game automayically when used), and the glitchy pixels that appeared on promotion.

And Pokemon, obviously. But that was the fun kind.

Did you tried to go to Glitch City from the Cycling Road ? That was really something.

Edited by shytende

And Magicka. And Fallout : New Vegas. Not sure about Superman.

It is most certainly on purpose.

Correct on both counts. I did it on purpose, both the mentioning those games twice (Because they've been both hilarious and frustrating) and naming Superman 64 under its official (The New Superman Aventures) and more known abbreviation. (Superman 64)

Sorry for the confusion, BANRYU.

Can't believe I forgot GTA in my "Honorable Mentions I haven't played" despite watching so many gamefails of it. Silly me.